AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sunfun "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/24/08 07:52 AM
I am new to these forums and have searched for the better part of an hour but have been unable to find information on a couple things I am wondering. You all seem like friendly, helpful people so I figured I should just ask.

I'm coming to San Pedro at the end of March with a couple friends for our high school graduation trip, and I was wondering if there are any clubs or "younger people" bars in town? If so, what are the names, and also is there a drinking age?

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: JZB Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/24/08 02:37 PM
Drinking age is 18. I don't know of any 'younger' clubs but I'm sure someone on this board has some great advice.
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/24/08 04:41 PM
Jaguar Club, Crazy Canucks on Mondays, Wet Willies on Wednesday, TackleBox on Tuesdays...all draw a younger crowd, locals and tourists. The drinking age is 18 but I've rarely seen anyone carded here.
Posted By: 6string Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/24/08 04:52 PM
Age doesn't seem to matter much in SP, in terms of which clubs anyway. We partied all over, with folks in their 20's to 70's. Its all fun, the later it gets the younger the crowd it seemed... also the entertainment factor... Fidos seemed to attract more younger folks when they had a rock band - lots of fun too. I think it was Wet Willys that had a late nite party/band on one nite too. We were there till like 4 in the AM.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/25/08 04:36 PM
The drinking age in Belize is five dollars.
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/25/08 04:39 PM
For clubs: Jaguar's after 11PM and Big Daddy's after 12AM, mainly on the weekends. Wet Willy's has a good Wednesday night Reggae grind up till about 2AM. A lot of the other bars (brusselsprout listed the schedule) have live music and djs during the week.

If you are here during summer break all the local high school kids will be in the clubs.

SIN
Posted By: 6string Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/25/08 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton

Too funny!!! Probably quite true tho, eh SIN? Several years ago in Cancun, we discovered the drinking age to be "tall enough to drop change on the bar."
Posted By: Barbara K Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/26/08 05:00 PM
"Several years ago in Cancun, we discovered the drinking age to be "tall enough to drop change on the bar."
.....and not be Mexican
Posted By: PSUhorty Re: "clubbing" in san pedro - 02/26/08 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Sir Isaac Newton

Well played.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board