AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Tell me about your AC wedding

Posted By: islandinthemist

Tell me about your AC wedding - 02/27/08 03:04 PM

My fiance and I plan to wed in Belize in May. I'd love to hear what other people have done as far as their own weddings on Ambergris Caye. What sort of special touches did you include? Where did you hold it? If you planned it from afar, what are some tips you have to help everything run smoothly? Did the total cost wind up less than a wedding back home or more? What vendors did you use: flowers, hair, musicians, minister, photography, videography, reception dinner, entertainment, etc.? If you don't mind including it, I'd love to know prices that you paid or just the total tab. Did you do special events for you and your guests while there, like a fishing trip for the boys or spa day for the girls? What was difficult or unexpected? What was wonderful?
Posted By: ElScorcho

Re: Tell me about your AC wedding - 02/28/08 12:40 AM

I got married on AC, and it was amazing... check your personal mail for a more detailed message.
Posted By: jenni sharp

Re: Tell me about your AC wedding - 03/05/08 03:30 AM

my husband and i got married up at playa blanca (its now been renamed some mayan name, cant remember). Dulce did our planning and decorating. Dave Simpson did the officiating and paper work. We had a little sand ceremony. Each of us put some sand ina little bottle from where we were standing. It sits on our book shelf and I always have wonderfull memories when I see it. We had a rocking little reception. Dennis Wolfe was nice enough to play for us. Unfortunatly there wasnt enough booze and some of the food got hijacked (Dulce, where did the pork steaks go???) Let me know if you need a photographer.
Jen
Posted By: islandinthemist

Re: Tell me about your AC wedding - 03/05/08 01:53 PM

That bottle of sand idea is a great one! Thanks for sharing it.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings

Re: Tell me about your AC wedding - 03/05/08 05:20 PM

It is now called Xaman Ek.

The sand ceremony is part of the ceremony David does on the beach. We provide a heart shaped glass for collection of your sand. Dulce's flowers are beautiful.

© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board