AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Night Life

Posted By: Girlie girl 101

Night Life - 03/10/08 06:36 PM

I usually spend alot of my time on Caye Caulker. I was wondering what are some of the fun things to do on San Pedro at night time? Best places to go for live entertainment? Just meeting people, like a hangout?
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 06:46 PM

Girlie, read Tacogirl's blog on the right, for Feb. and March crawls, you will see many with pictures.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 06:52 PM

Hi Chloe,
Thanks but I'm not going to be arriving until the middle of June. I was actually hoping for more of a must do list, what are the best clubs, entertainment (go see a band play)or a social bar to meet people. If you have been to Caye Caulker most be people go to the sports bar or the reef bar--something similar to that.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 06:54 PM

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/268520#Post268520

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 07:07 PM

Travel Queen,
Thank you so much. That post and replies is exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure a Crawl in process is fun to watch though! Fido's, Jaguars and Spindrift sounds fun. I'm just looking for an atmosphere to sit out and enjoy the night, converse, have a tropical drink, listen to some music and just enjoy the night. Maybe meet a nice guy? But thanks for your reply, I'm so looking foward to this trip. You have no idea. Also do they have pool parties on San Pedro?
Posted By: spl

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 07:24 PM

girlie girl- how old are you? if you are in the older crowd Canucks is a great place to hang out and also BC's.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 07:48 PM

spl-I'm 32 and will be 33 on April 2. I'm an Aries.
Posted By: Belize-N-Us

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 08:00 PM

I am 41 wife is 38. We like Fido's the best. We've been to pretty much all of them several times.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 08:05 PM

Cool, thanks. Future Full Time Belizeans and I'm assuming just by that you will be moving soon? Is Fidos just a weekend spot or is it open all the time? Sorry for all the questions, when I go to San Pedro I usually just have lunch and go to the shops and take a tour on a golf cart then head back to Caye Caulker.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 08:14 PM

That depends on how you define "soon". Yes we hope to move there but 5 to 10 years may not qualify as soon. We do own property there currently and visit fairly often.

Music at Fido's will not start until 9 PM but Gene-o (sp?) and his band are great! They play live music that you can dance to or just listen. Most other live music is mostly sit around and listen type music (my personal opinion). I think they play pretty much every night but you'd better check on that.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 08:15 PM

Girlie girl, I am 31 and too like Fido's. They always have a good band and the social scene is quite fun there. Also, for a more relaxed setting, I like BC's. You'll most likely figure it out once you get to SP.

Coffee at Island Perk (across from Fido's) is great and they have this odd wind-flow that is constant. It's so relaxing!

Have fun!

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 08:20 PM

We like Caye Caulker also but we visit Caye Caulker for a day trip each visit instead of staying there. Much more to do on Ambergris. I think if you stay there and just visit Caye Caulker you'd have more fun esp. as far as night life goes. Ambergris frequently has "block" parties on the weekends which bring out a lot of folks and have a very festive environment.

We'll be back starting Wed of next week. When will you be there?

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 10:07 PM

TravelQueen,
Do you live in San Pedro now? What you described sounds so exciting. Haven't had coffee in 30 plus days and will probably switch once again to tea, I'm sure they have Belizean Tea at Island Perk.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 10:08 PM

Belize-N-Us block parties are fun!

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 10:54 PM

No, I don't live on SP but frequent often.

Maybe you should just order alcohol drink from Perks. I don't want to be responsible for a bad habit being started!

Coffee drinkers unite!!!

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:04 PM

Ha Ha Ha I guess coffee it is! and that's if it is A.M./P.M. a tropical drink. Are you from the states?

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:05 PM

Yes, Houston. Just a quick 2.5 hour flight and a lil puddle jumper. What about you?

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:08 PM

Florida but I am an American Belizean. Been going to Belize since I was a little girl. Lots of family over there, especially Caye Caulker.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:11 PM

kewl!!!
Posted By: deadserious

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Girlie girl 101
spl-I'm 32 and will be 33 on April 2. I'm an Aries. How old are the people at Canucks and BC's and how old are you spl? I don't know why I chose Girlie Girl, I couldn't

My birthday is on April 3rd and I'm one year older than you. Not important I guess, but since we're sharing.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:44 PM

Cool, I love meeting other Arians.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:44 PM

Girlie Girl 101

Lots of great live music here. Closer to the time you come you can find out who is playing where.

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:50 PM

TacoGirl
That is good news.
Posted By: deadserious

Re: Night Life - 03/10/08 11:53 PM

I'm male... but married, so you are out of luck.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 02:39 AM

count tacoboy in for aries

should be easy to find decent priced place at that time Girlie Girl 101

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 02:47 AM

SMILE! Another Aries!!
Posted By: margarita

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 04:33 PM

Holiday Hotel used to have a Wed night BBQ on the beach with local musicians. I always enjoyed that. more low key than Fidos but beautiful atmosphere & food.
Alos look for Holidays during your visit then there is always extra fun & music & people.
Belize it!

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 04:37 PM

I'm tacoboy's 2nd wife!!!! Being the 2nd wife is awesome! You don't get all the crappy duties the 1st wife gets. lolol :P
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 04:41 PM

That Tacoboy is one lucky dude!! laugh

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 04:48 PM

Awe KC... thats the joy of being the 2nd wife, you can be that to many! wink
Posted By: colomojo

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 04:51 PM

This could become interesting! LOL

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 05:14 PM

Margarita, thanks for your post I'm looking foward to doing all those things, as far as the Holiday Hotel, I would still like to be around a pool so I'm kind of going with Sunbreeze

Re: Night Life - 03/11/08 05:32 PM

KC JayHawk, I'm sure Taco Boy is really lucky, Taco Girl seems like a very knowledgeable and nice person. May they both live a happy and long life together.
Posted By: rach

Re: Night Life - 03/16/08 10:51 PM

Is there anywhere on the island to pick up info about what is on when??
Posted By: azbob

Re: Night Life - 03/17/08 03:38 PM

Dennis Wolfe and the Usual Suspects are playing someplace on the island 6 nights a week and on Tuesdays in Caye Calker. They usually start early, 6-7, and go until 10-11. Crazy Canucks, Road KIll, Wet Willies, BC's (Sunday afternoon jam. Walk the beach and follow the music, just remember whitch side the ocean is on!!!!
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Night Life - 03/17/08 03:51 PM

Fridays in Caye Caulker
Posted By: rach

Re: Night Life - 03/17/08 08:52 PM

Awesome! Thanks for the info.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board