AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental??

Posted By: Snakestang

Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/17/08 11:32 PM

Hello,

I still have over a year before arriving in AC but I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row. We have a party of 14 visiting and we would like to rent one of the two:

Personal Watercraft/Waverunner/Jet Ski (at least two)
or
Small power boat

We would like to rent either of the above for a few days or the week. We are on a budget but would consider pretty much any offer at this point so we can see if it will work for us.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions or assistance.

Chris
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/17/08 11:44 PM

you might want to do a search on the personal watercraft topic - it's been discussed a few times in the recent past
While there are many more qualified than I to answer this, from what I've read, renting a boat is generally disfavored as being unfamiliar with the reef makes accidents almost a certainty.
Posted By: CarlosCabanas

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/17/08 11:46 PM

There is a place that rents jet skis.... I'm not sure if they rent them on a weekly basis. I think they might... check it out. www.karibbeanwatersports.com

I'm in the process of opening a wakeboard and waterski business if you are interested. Should definately be open by the time you get here.

wakeman
Posted By: weile

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 12:40 AM

I HATE JET SKIS!!!
Noisy + dangerous + have hit and damaged the reef too many times.
I LOVE JET SKIS!!!
Lots of fun and feeds my speed devil.
JET SKIS SHOULDN'T BE HERE!!!
This is a fragile marine environment. Not Cancun.

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 01:06 AM

I see this is a touchy subject. We are respectful adults just looking for some fun off land transportation.

Thanks to all who replied. I meant no disrespect.

Chris
Posted By: seashell

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 02:30 AM

No disrespect intended.

I hate jet skis for the same reasons Wiele hates them and thinks they shouldn't be at the island.

But then, you also can put me down for being against quadding, fourwheeling, ATVing, etc., most anywhere.
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 02:13 PM

not to stir the pot,,
but, which is seen as worse for the environment,
a lightweight, 4 stroke(near silent, no oil spewage) jet ski with around 4-6 inches of draft, jet drive(no prop to hit coral, wild life).
or a heavy, 25ft skiff with around 1-2 ft draft, large prop, allot of them with nasty old 2 strokes blowing oil and fumes.
side by side, the jet ski is many times more 'reef' friendly than a skiff.

i stand by my idea that it is NOT the jet ski or it's design itself that people have their problems with,, it's the usual jet ski operator! it's not an enviromental issue,, to me.
don't condemn the machine.
Posted By: JZB

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 03:17 PM

Barnacle, thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Snakestang, a weeklong jetski rental will probably cost you the price of a jetski, especially for 14 of you. In the classified section of this board, there is a pontoon boat available for rent that may be just what your group needs.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 03:57 PM

So far as I know there are still two used wet bikes for sale at the Hustler dock.

If you just want one or two bikes KWS may be prepared to offer you a deal for extended rental, but if you want most of their stock I doubt if they'll be interested. They do get a lot of casual customers.

I've never heard of jet skis being available here, and I've never seen one.
Posted By: CarlosCabanas

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 04:11 PM

There are no Jet-Ski's on the island... only waverunners and seadoo's. Most people don't know the difference.

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/18/08 04:54 PM

Just looking for two maybe three craft. I have checked into the pontoon boat and that is high on my list at the moment.

Thank you again for the assistance.

Chris
Posted By: gbazblz

Re: Boat/Jet Ski (Personal Watercraft) Rental?? - 03/24/08 05:58 AM

Chris,

I own Karibbean Water Sports and would be glad to help make any arrangements you and your party would be interested in. We also book the pontoon boats at our dock at the Spindrift Hotel. While jet skis can be alot of fun to ride, our main concern is the reef and take negligent riders very seriously. I'm sure you are concerned as well.
Feel free to contact me at [email protected] and we can discuss further.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board