AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: elbert Techanical help please - 03/24/08 10:11 PM
One of our divers just shot a video clip with his cannon camera of the Giant Loggerhead Turtle swimming with the divers . I would love to show it on the net but none of us here know how to do that. maybe post it on the Blog...but the file is 102mb and the blog only up loads 100mb editing it down would be good ..but how ??
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 10:16 PM
Did you try youtube.com? Although I'm not sure how to post there...
Posted By: deadserious Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:00 PM
I would recommend uploading to revver.com or viddler.com. Both pay you for any advertising revenue that you might get when it's shown.

Just sign up for an account and go to the upload page.
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:14 PM
I tried Utube and its been about 30 min.'s uploading and still going. I wanted to edit it down to get it below 100mb's but havent a clue how to do that. this is an great video and I'm going to invest the time and noodle to get it done.
i want to put it here
http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:24 PM
Which video format is it saved in? You might need to save it in another format to get better compression (smaller sized file).
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:26 PM
Gave up! the speed is to slow for utube uploading.
darn. If i could edit it down some way the last few sec.'s is just dud and could be cut off.
This Turtle comes around every year must be upwards of 100 years old. We call him Godzilla.
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:27 PM
I'll try that canuck
Posted By: deadserious Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:33 PM
I don't belive that viddler has a file size restriction.
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:39 PM
deadserious.... it might not have a file size restriction, but a 100mb file will take a LOOOONG time to upload, especially if you have a slow connection to begin with. wink
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:39 PM
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/x0dlb1R8oRg"> </param> <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/x0dlb1R8oRg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
It finally gave me this but what to do with it i don't know.
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:43 PM
Yeah Its one the blog now click the blue blog spot
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:43 PM
Here.....

You can click on this link to view the video, or copy and paste it to an email....

http://www.youtube.com/v/x0dlb1R8oRg
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:47 PM
Great video by the way. I love the end where they take the red filter off the lense... lol!
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:53 PM
I've heard it said that Sea Turtles don't have tails :-)
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:54 PM
Kind of like cats, huh? wink
Posted By: seashell Re: Techanical help please - 03/24/08 11:56 PM
Thanks for that!

I just love diving AC in the spring, when the turtles come out looking for their mates.
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEA6zTC3WI
This utube clip popped up under funnyface , Victoria Canyons is about a mile south. doesn't look like the same guy.
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 12:05 AM
seashell, that's kind of like us prairie dwellers.... we come out looking for our mates after a long frozen winter... lol!!!
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 12:06 AM
elbert... what's with that shark sucking remora hanging around?

I actually saw one try to latch on to a buddies wetsuit right on his crotch once. He still hasn't lived that one down.
Posted By: CaseWork Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 12:16 AM
hey elbert - just got on here and read your message about your turtle video...looks like you got it posted up already so my message isn't going to help you much, however, i might be able to help you with future uploads.

first off - nice shot! what kind of canon camera is it? second, are you a pc or a mac person? third, do you have any editing software at all?

unfortunately, you have to compress the crap out of video to get it onto some of the internet sites. when you compress the video the resolution's gonna suffer so.......it's best to make the final frame size as small as you can tolerate. with a great shot like the one you posted it's natural to want the frame to be as big as you can make it but....it winds up looking way too soft and the saturated color goes away.

let me know what you have in terms of computer and software, if anything and maybe i can help you use your stuff to get better results for next time!

cheers,
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 12:16 AM
I had one on me and couldn't get it of until i climbed the ladder. pesky little guys but the bite doesn't hurt.
They just love and wont let go
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 12:22 AM
LOL! They make for some great sophomoric wise cracks and suggestions... lol!!!
Posted By: seashell Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 01:07 AM
I've never seen a remora yet, that didn't go for the guy's crotch. Haven't quite figured that one out yet. Yes, it does make for lots of giggles, which means flooded mask, over and over again.

But . . speaking of remoras, one day a number of years ago, we dropped down onto the reef (well, OK, not literally ONTO it) and laying there in the sand were two HUGE remora. The moonboot print suckers face up towards us. I'm not kidding, these things were HUGE! I spent quite a while hanging around looking at them . . and not for one moment until years later, did I think . . OMG, what monster were they waiting for to come by?
Posted By: Canuck-Diver Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 02:35 AM
LMAO!!!!!! That'll make you think! LOL!
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 04:22 PM
Casework,
Thanks
I'm not really into motion one of our divers took this and i wanted to share it on the Blog. I learned a lot yesterday and now I'm utubeing as well as Bloging.
I would like to know if there is some way to do some editing of these clips . This one could use that filter removing at the end cut off.
Elbert
Posted By: flyfisherman Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 04:33 PM
elbert, you need editing software to change the video, add music, text, etc. Most run $99US, but some cheaper ones will do. All YouTube is doing is turning the .avi/.mpeg4 file into a flash video which you can get free software to do that. It will turn an 20mb file into a 5mb file. Look at http://www.fishnclipsmagazine.com for a bunch of video editing and upload tips. If you need help in the future just let me know. I've been doing vidoes online for awhile.
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 05:00 PM
Thanks, It seems like such fun I'm sure to spend the money.
I bought Photo Shop OMG
I becoming a geek
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 07:41 PM
flyfisherman, Wow what a cool site
Posted By: mrockl Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 09:10 PM
If you're running windows XP Elbert there is a windows movie maker app that will allow you to edit the clip to any length you'd like. Used it myself to edit down some underwater clips I took with my Cannon A610 last month. Its fairly intuitive, but ask if you've got questions!
Posted By: elbert Re: Techanical help please - 03/25/08 09:57 PM
Thanks , I'll check it out now
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board