AmbergrisCaye.com Home

golf carts on the beach

Posted By: nicnamered

golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 01:05 AM

We are traveling to AC next spring and hoping to stay on the north side of the island (near Portofino).

I heard that the path for traffic is along the beach!
Does this mean golf carts will be zipping by our private home rental? Or should I not worry so much about it since it's not NYC?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

red
Posted By: lakegirl

Re: golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 01:35 AM

The last time we took a cart that far north if I remember right there really were only a couple of places the we had to take the cart on the beach, I think for the most part golf carts are not really allowed. It really is very quiet up north so you shouldn't have a problem!,
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 01:52 AM

no worries. Traffic along the beach up there is mostly foot and bicycle traffic. Don't go too far or you'll encounter the famed wild elbert. Normally reclusive, you might catch a glimpse of this prolific creature at sunrise sipping coffee.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 04:33 AM

And, if you spot a particularly beautiful bird, look into the brush nearby, and you'll almost surely spot an elbert.
Posted By: JZB

Re: golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 02:48 PM

There is a road (off the beach) 6 miles up for vehicular traffic.
Posted By: elbert

Re: golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 02:51 PM

:-)
Golf cart traffic traffic was a problem a few years back.
Its quiet now and we only have an occasional confused Segway.
Say hello to Bubba and Tough Guy if you walk up the beach past my place,Tuff Guys just barks and never bites but Bubba sometimes does a slobbery lick thing that is disgusting.
check the bird feeder for unusual birds if you like.
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showgallery/Number/261783#comments
Posted By: azbob

Re: golf carts on the beach - 04/15/08 08:21 PM

Ok Elbert, now I know what you look like and where you hide out, I will cover the mangrove jungle in the far north to find you. That will be more fun than on the dock at the dive shop!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board