AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Papi's

Posted By: ccla

Papi's - 04/22/08 05:02 AM

I read on another board that Papi's Restaurant is closed! Is that true? We haven't been to San Pedro since April 2005, so we are not up to date on everything!
Posted By: seashell

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 05:08 AM

When I left at end of Feb., Papi's son told me that they would be re-opening in a couple of months. I only hope that is to be.

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 05:11 AM

Me too!! We always stay at Seven Seas, and one of the highlights of our trips is ordering from Papi's and having them deliver to our room!

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 05:12 AM

Carla, I just love the pork chops!! No one else makes them like Papi's. I'm missing them even now.

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 05:13 AM

OK,seashell, so now we are both getting hungry!
Posted By: shuffles

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 02:37 PM

As of today....no sign of activity at Papis....too bad, since they do make the best grilled lobster on the island.....

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 03:34 PM

Seashell and Shuffles, thank you for the info...sad as it is!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 04:38 PM

I didn't know they were closing/closed. Could it be anything to do with the major road works that have been going on outside their place?
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 04:39 PM

Papi's was closed as far back as Novenber.

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 08:33 PM

Must have been late November then, because I ate there on Nov. 23 or 24. I will grant that at that time, they were not open all day, or even regularly, near as I could tell.

And in February, the Mrs. opened for me, just to make me take-out.
Posted By: fuzzy_navel

Re: Papi's - 04/22/08 08:57 PM

This can't be! We didn't get a chance to eat there as many times as we'd liked on our last trip and it was high on our list of places to eat upon our return. I really REALLY hope they will be reopening. Otherwise it will be a great loss.
Posted By: Phil

Re: Papi's - 04/23/08 03:39 PM

Been on and off, open and closed for well over a year, and now it's off. Papi drives a taxi and has just leased out his place to be a Chinese Slot Machine place I believe. Shame.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Papi's - 04/23/08 04:57 PM

This is very sad news ..It is very diffcult to run a small family resturant as food prices are going sky high.And there prices where real cheap..Too cheap . They where nice people who worked hard .! I guess thay said the juice was not worth the squeeze and packed it in .
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Papi's - 04/23/08 07:46 PM

A great shame. Like Hacal Kiik, which was superb but just didn't charge enough.

Re: Papi's - 04/24/08 01:10 AM

Oh no! My heart is broken.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Papi's - 04/24/08 01:34 AM

The first year we were here and did not know anyone Paul and I walked to Papi's for our Valentine's dinner and enjoyed a nice meal.

I remember a couple beside us who arrived that day and were so happy to be catching the end of lobster season at Papi's.

Posted By: shuffles

Re: Papi's - 04/24/08 01:43 AM

We used to get our first grilled lobster on June 14 from Papis and order our last ones on the 14th of February....last time we ate there was New Year's Eve 2006//7...I'll miss the best lobster on the island.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Papi's - 04/24/08 01:58 PM

Papi is driving a taxi? That is a waste of some good cooking & bartending talent. Too bad

Re: Papi's - 04/25/08 02:36 AM

You got that right Barbara.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board