AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help!

Posted By: Dita

Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 03:11 AM

Fellow Message Boarders,

My husband and I, along with some great friends and colleagues, have been working to secure the donation of a playground for the students of Holy Cross and the children of San Pedro. We have been fortunate enough to get the donation of a complete playground set previously used in a place called Discovery Zone. This set was owned by a church in Louisiana and they have given the equipment to be sent to San Pedro and erected at Holy Cross. This set is similar to the types found at a McDonald’s. We have also secured the donation of a 48 foot trailer and shipping costs to get the equipment from St. Louis, MO to Houston, Texas. In addition to the playground, the trailer is loaded with approximately 8 pallets of various school, office and first aid/healthcare supplies for Holy Cross, along with the trailer itself which will remain at the school for storage. We have run into a few snags trying to get someone to donate the transportation costs from Houston to San Pedro but with the assistance of Vernon and Francis Wilson of Holy Cross School, we have been able to secure quotes for the transportation. The most reasonable quote we have received is $6,500.00 for the transport from Houston through Mexico and into San Pedro. To date, through various avenues, we have been able to secure donations of $2,600.00 towards the shipping costs. We would like to ask all of you who love San Pedro and it’s people, to help with the cost of shipping through donations. We have been working with Holy Cross, Vernon and Francis, to set up a collection point for these donations. Through an affiliation with a church in North Carolina, we have made arrangements for the donations to be collected and the church to provide a tax deduction letter to anyone donating for these shipping costs. If you would like to donate towards the shipping, please send your donations to: Peace Church 520 Taberna Way, New Bern, NC, 28562. The church has suggested that when making a donation, do so in the form of a check made payable to “Peace Church Discretionary Fund” and enter a note in the memo section stating “Playground Transportation Donation”. The church will then reply to each donor with a letter of thank you for the charitable donation which can be used for tax purposes. We are getting close to half-way to our goal and we ask that you help make this possible by your generous contributions, no amount is too small or too large! We will be providing periodic updates of the running total of the fund. If you would like more information, please feel free to send me a message or you can email Holy Cross at [email protected] . Thanks in advance for any donation you are able to make and hopefully we will all be able to see the children of San Pedro enjoying this playground for years to come!
Posted By: pugwash

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 03:41 AM

Have you explored the possibility of roll on-roll off freight? With fuel cost so high at the moment, a dedicated load would seem to be less cost effective than ocean freight?

There are a couple of freight companies in Houston, one of which is Belize based, and may be able to look at a "space available” rate or a charitable contribution?

Good job in securing the playground
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 03:43 AM

No RORO freight in nBelize

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 01:28 PM

Pug - we tried every mode of transport we could think of and the most reasonable price was over the road through Mexico. This became the most reasonable because of the generous donation of the transport fees from St. Louis to Houston....

If anybody has any contacts, ideas, etc. PLEASE let us know. Thanks!
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 04:25 PM

Couldn't a good wooden playground be built at the site for way less than the $2600 you already have? Seems it would still be appreciated by the kids and fit in much better than another big plastic thing, IMO.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 04:37 PM

At the beginning of this whole situation, there was no $2600 to spend for a playground set. The set was donated and then the other items were added to the pot for donation, including the 8 skids of school, office supplies, etc. and the donation of the trailer to be used for storage by Holy Cross. It started as simply a playground but has blossomed into much more that will be useful to the school and we are simply trying to work with what was given.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 06:07 PM

I totally agree that a wooden structure is better and will last longer. In a year , the plastic will end up in our landfill. Also, studies are showing that plastics are more toxic than originally thought. Certain plastic toys and baby bottles are being taken off the market all together. Better still, send books and skill sheets. Play futbol.
Posted By: shuffles

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 06:19 PM

I think that's great that everyone has another "alternative" idea. If we all had the same ideas and thoughts, we would all be married to my mother.

The fact of the matter is that someone DONATED this playground, no one DONATED a wooden playground or anything else...so unless you are willing to do so, there is no reason to put down someone else's DONATED items. If you would like to donate a wooden playground, I'm sure the school could use it. Dita has gone through the trouble of arranging all of this and it will be much appreciated by the children and parents of Holy Cross.
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 06:26 PM

It will be available to ALL the children in San Pedro, not just the H.C. kids
Posted By: azbob

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 06:27 PM

From the description “This set is similar to the types found at a McDonald’s”, that the play unit is power coated metal (hopefully aluminum). Wood structures are a very high maintenance item on playground equipment. The humidity will help keep the wood from drying out, but wood still must be sanded, sealed and painted every 6 months to 1 year (based on usage) to prevent splinters, etc. Powered coated metal requires far less maintenance, particularly aluminum. Both steel and aluminum needs touchup paint to prevent pitting and rusting, in the case of steel, due to the salt air.
I’ve had some experience with playground equipment since for several years I was the Park Coordinator for the County I live in. All wood units were replaced due to deterioration (Ok its Arizona with very little humidity). Splinters were the major cause of accidents and the units were extremely high maintenance items for our crews. The new powered coated metal units have been in for several years and are low maintenance and have caused no problems. All playground equipment must be checked regularly for to ensure there are no safety issues (bolts loosening, chains, ropes, swing seats, all wear over time).
Is this a new unit or a used one? Do you know who the manufacturer is? Just Curious.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 06:36 PM

If you want to read first hand just how much the kids recognize and appreciate what they are getting from going to Holy Cross School just read this blog entry. They are very appreciative that people care for them and take time to show it in many ways.

http://holycrossbelize.blogspot.com/2008/04/dear-friends-of-holy-cross-there-are-so.html

After taking Suecate and her family through San Mateo yesterday afternoon and seeing how much water was in their yards (and it has not been particularly rainy lately), I know the kids will be just thrilled that Dita Ed and everyone stepped up to make this playground a reality.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/25/08 07:25 PM

There was a meeting in Belize City about this issue of donations. The country gets a lot of items donated, which is very nice. BUT many of the items are used and are donated because they original user is upgrading. So big items and electronic items get here, may or may not be valuable or usable here and end up in our waste stream that is just beginning to get managed and is overwhelmed. Items like computers and large plastics are toxic and seep in to the ground water. I am not saying to reject donated items but to be smart and make sure that what is coming makes sense.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 04/25/08 07:30 PM

I fully agree and I totally trust Dita and Ed's judgment.

They have put a lot of personal energy, time and effort into getting this together and getting extra donations to go along with it. Dita and Ed have been to the school, they know what a good cause it is and how much the kids appreciate the help. I know for the amount of work involved, they would not be doing it if they did not feel the playground was in good condition.

Posted By: Nova

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 12:05 AM

I think Dita, Ed and their friends deserve major kudo's for their hard work in making this happen. The kids will be so beyond excited when it arrives! Big kudos to tacogirl on the SP end for the wonderful job she's doing (as usual!!!). You guys are making a difference!
Posted By: collyk

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 12:43 PM

I worked in the non profit sector for much of my career. The issue of useful donations is an interesting one. Extensive research on donors, fundraising and charity marketing has shown how important it is to accept all donations, whether useful or not as refusing donations puts off the donor. A couple of examples:

When I was director of an animal shelter and vet clinic, an appeal had been made for newspapers as we used them to line cages and for bedding etc. The response locally was overwhelming. It got to the point that we were being given far more newspaper than we could actually use. We eventually decided to pay for monthly rental on a skip (I think North Americans call them dumpsters) to hold all the newspaper and we would then pay someone to take the surplus to the dump at the end of each month. Why? We worked out that the nominal cost of renting the skip and disposal still left us in great profit because of the good will generated. Every Christmas, all those people who donated paper would arrive with a cheque in their hand. While with the same organisation, we were approached by a gentleman who wanted to bury his dog in our pet cemetery. Unfortunately, we had no room for burials anymore and had built a crematorium so that there would be enough space to accomodate deceased pets. This gentleman was bereft and begged us for help. He offered us a measly donation to assist, but we bent the rules and buried his dog. Turned out he owned a bank. He gave us 100,000pounds towards a rebuild (and yes I know that is shocking when you think about the money available for charities in Belize) in donations and left a great deal of money to the charity in his will.

Community goodwill is the single most important factor when keeping a charity alive. Donors and supporters have to feel needed and appreciated or they drop off like flies. I witnessed one non profit here turn away a donation from a local business because it wasn't up to the standard of donations that they wished to receive. Unfortunately, they have now lost a future relationship with that business, which wanted to become a supporter of the charity and would have donated money and other items had they not felt 'put off' by the organisation.
While it is nice to think that donations are altruistic, they are not. People get a feelgood factor and if they are lucky, a tax deduction. When people try to help a charity and are told 'we don't need that kind of help', they tend to not bother again in future.

Non profit fund raising is all about developing and maintaining relationships with supporters.

Quite frankly, even if this playground was falling apart, as a charity director, I'd be grateful, I'd make my gratitude known and I'd do everything I could to enable the donor.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 02:34 PM

I agree with what you have said except when you are talking about very large plastic items and electronics. Belize is a small country getting a lot of cast off donations that can , potentially, negatively impact the ground water. It is happening on a more macro scale than one organization. And if the playground is falling apart, why is it OK for children to use it ??? Before anyone goes on the attack, I am not saying the playground is falling apart just responding to the last sentence
Posted By: collyk

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 02:44 PM

I never suggested that a broken playground would be suitable for use. What I did say was that as a charity, even if a donation was broken or unsuitable in some other way, I would still be grateful that the donor had thought of us and made an effort because the goodwill generated through developing the relationship has greater value than the donation in most cases anyway.
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 03:15 PM

Pam, who said the playground is falling apart? It appears that your stance is to turn down a donation without a thought to the intended donees' appreciation and use of it. I'm sure the donors are thoughtful in determining its condition and safety factors since it is intended for children. They kids will love it if it makes it down there.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 03:47 PM

Please take the time to actually read my entry.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 04/26/08 05:08 PM

Amen Colly - well said

I often watch how much the kids enjoy play on the playground in central park and it makes me happy that Dita, Ed and everyone else who helped out stepped up to help get another one to the Island - especially when it is going to an area where the kids can really benefit from a nice place to play - many of them do not have suitable yards to play in.

This playground is going to help them appreciate and enjoy going to school that much more.

It also teaches them the value of helping others by experiencing first hand how it feels to be helped and have their health and wellbeing thought of by others.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 05:36 PM

Dita, this is great! What a very thoughtful thing you have done thus far and will be so great for the community to receive! You have my support!

Collyk, what an interesting and great post! Never under estimate the power of good doing!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 09:14 PM

Pam, I read your post thoroughly. I just don't see why you would bring a negative up when it doesn't exist, and rain on the parade of some nice folks who want to give the kids a playground. Kids love stuff like that, plastic or whatever it may be.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 04/26/08 10:20 PM

I have been meeting with landfill types and foundation types in the city and am passing along concerns that have been raised.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/26/08 10:36 PM

OK End of discussion for me. Enjoy
Posted By: lil'red

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/27/08 12:12 AM

If you are interested, perhaps I can offer another type of help. I was Superintendent of European Installations for Grounds for Play and The Army Corps of Engineers for 7 years. We installed playgrounds all over Europe, and after that I worked for a number of playground manufacturers designing playgrounds for age appropriate placement and room required for use. I travelled to sites to certify the installation as safe for play by C.P.S.C. Standards and to insurance companies specs. I could be of some assistance in that area if you need.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/27/08 12:28 AM

Now THAT is cool!! smile

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/27/08 05:28 PM

lil'red that sounds great would love to have your help on that - likely see you later at BC's

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 04/28/08 04:59 PM

lil'red you continue to amaze me. Your expertise will be invaluable in helping with a safe and sound installation. Kids have an amazing imagination and will turn that unit into “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Wish I was there to help.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 04/30/08 01:09 PM

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/09/08 12:53 PM

UPDATE:

Thanks to everyone that has sent in a donation for the transportation costs, every little bit helps and we are getting there. I got word this morning that we have increased our total by about $300 just from the initial post. Keep those donations coming!

We will have some additional information on the background of this effort and some pictures on the Taco-blog very soon. Thanks again, you guys always step up!
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/13/08 03:35 PM

Bump!

(love this idea!)
Posted By: BamaB's

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/14/08 01:49 AM

Colly, spot on!
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/16/08 04:58 PM

Bump

My check is in the mail.

Thanks to Dita and Rambo. smile
Posted By: cheshire54

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/17/08 04:14 AM

Hey...how come the arms smugglers can get stuff in so easy? maybe someone could get in touch with them to ship?? LOL!! (hubby's comment!)
Posted By: reaper

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/17/08 04:48 AM

ha ha, no $$$ in swings and slides!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/19/08 04:01 PM

Just to give everyone an update....With funds received and committed donations, the fund is now around $3500.00.....Thanks to everyone that has already made a donation and keep those donations coming!!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/20/08 06:47 PM

BUMP !

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/20/08 09:40 PM

wonderful news Dita

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/22/08 12:15 AM

BUMP !

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 05/22/08 04:15 PM

I'm more excited about this project, after viewing Tacogirl's blog, featuring the playground equipment, with pictures.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/01/08 01:06 AM

How's the project going? (getting the playground equipment to AC)??

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/01/08 01:14 AM

BY the way....How would we go about contributing to the transportation fund? Can't send much, but we'd like to at least send a bit!?

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/08/08 03:12 AM

Hi Tacogirl..hoping/figuring maybe you can tell us how/where we can send a donation for the playground transportation fund?? US personal check ok? or???
Thanks
N
Posted By: klcman

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/08/08 03:24 AM

Not TG, but the info is in the very first post.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/09/08 04:39 PM

All,

We are still at around $3500.00 and a committment for another $200.00. We have received some info that there may be a different carrier willing to transport the playground and supplies for around $4000.00, so we are only a few hundred dollars from that total! We should know something a little more concrete on that in the next couple of days and I will post an update as soon as we know. Thanks again to all the generous boarders that are working to make this happen!
Posted By: lil'red

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/09/08 06:15 PM

If I may offer some pre-construction suggestions. Someone should contact the manufacturer and get either an installation manual, parts list or at least a catalogue showing what the equipment looks like when assembled. If the manufacturer will not offer any assistance (liability and insurance issues) maybe an independent installer could help you. Any photographs you can take of an existing structure showing the types of bolts used would also help. Angles of "special items" like spiral slide or overhead climers will help when it comes time to attach them. Trust me, a container of plastic bits, wooden bits and metal bits will be very confusing. Plus find out if they kept the screws, nuts and bolts that held it together before. If not, you will have to replace them and you may not be able to find what is needed here, or it may be very costly to buy in San Pedro.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/09/08 06:48 PM

There are several sets of VERY detailed blueprints that will accompany the set, which includes a list of parts needed; setup options, etc. All bolts/screws/hardware removed during the packing have been included as well.
Posted By: kwalkpt

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/09/08 09:09 PM

The set of blueprints is already here at the school - it is over an inch thick and very detailed!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/26/08 01:12 AM

Dita, update on collecting of transportation money, please. smile

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please Help! - 06/26/08 01:51 AM

Sorry guys, got a little behind on my updates. Last count, we were close to $5000. I will contact the church tomorrow for an accurate count. Thanks for everything you guys have done!
Posted By: terrielinn

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 04:42 PM

Dita:
I have been watching the Holy Cross Blog, Taco Girl Blog and this post for a bit now. I am interested in helping out. What can I do? Feel free to check my profile and e-mail me if you would like.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 04:48 PM

Hello and Welcome, terrielinn....

Right now, our only need is monetary to get the trailer shipped to San Pedro. As you probably read in previous posts to this thread, there is a large playground set on the trailer but there are also several skids of school supplies, first-aid supplies, hand sanitizers, etc. that are being shipped. We were hoping to have a confirmation on a different route to take so the cost would not be as great, but that hasn't come through as yet and we are still trying to meet the dollars needed to get from Texas to San Pedro. Any donation is welcome and gets us closer to the goal!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 05:28 PM

So do I mail it to the church listed in the post earlier, to you, or a somewhere else altogether? I would like to participate in this effort and due to my location monetarily is the only way I can do anything. What you and your friends have been doing for the kids in SP is awesome. Wish I was there.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 06:24 PM

Thanks, terrielinn! Here is the address, etc. for donations:

Peace Church
520 Taberna Way
New Bern, NC, 28562.

The church has suggested that when making a donation, do so in the form of a check made payable to “Peace Church Discretionary Fund” and enter a note in the memo section stating “Playground Transportation Donation”.

The people making the donations to the fund are the ones that deserve the credit for making this happen for the kids. We know they will enjoy the playground and the school can use all the supplies.....it is truly a group effort!

Thanks again!
Posted By: Uncle Buck

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 06:31 PM

Have you contacted Sterling Freight about shipping the set? They are based in Houston www.sterlingfreight.com

Their cost is around $6 per cubic foot, and they give good discounts for containers.

Perhaps they'd give you a price cut since this is a donation.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 06:36 PM

Haven't looked at them specifically, but we will certainly call them and see what their rate would be. Just talked to hubby and he will go to their website and check with them. Thanks for the tip! See, this is definitely a group effort! smile
Posted By: belizegial

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/26/08 09:26 PM

Great effort Dita.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 06/27/08 08:28 AM

Dita, thanks for the update.
I have been extremely touched each time I have read how this effort started.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 07/03/08 12:51 PM

Dita:

Just checking in to see if you have checked with the church to see where the funds stand as far as how much $ has been raised for the transportation of the playground. I believe the total costs were expected to be about $5000 but the part I would like to know is what has already been raised toward that amount.

Not trying to be a pest, just trying to get a feel for how much I need to work to try to get others on my end to contribute. Many of us love the people of SP - especially those kids.

Thanks for posting the updates.

TL

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 07/03/08 12:57 PM

Good Morning!

Actually received an update yesterday from Peace Church. We are at exactly, $4725.00. There are a couple committments for donations that should bring that total to $5000.00. The original quote for shipping was $6500.00 so we are SOOOOO close right now. We have made an inquiry to another shipping company for a quote (Thanks Uncle Buck!) and are awaiting a response on that. We do have another option on getting all the items there at what we hope will be a little cheaper than the original $6500 quote, so everybody keep your fingers crossed! As soon as I have any other info, I will post it. Thanks again to everybody that has supported this effort! Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 07/03/08 01:16 PM

Wow, that was quick! Thanks soooo much for the work you are doing. We will continue to work toward the goal. I have several people willing to make a contribution and will be contacting others as well.
Will be in touch.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 09:47 PM

GREAT NEWS! We have now reached our goal for the transport from Texas to San Pedro for the playground equipment and all the other supplies!

The trailer will leave St. Louis early next week, head to Amarillo where the trailer will be off-loaded and sent in a couple shipments by ocean container to San Pedro and Holy Cross. Our original plan was a little different transportation route but we were able to get a lower price by sending the shipment in a couple parts.

A HUGE thank you to everyone for your generous donations that made this possible!!!!
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 09:48 PM

GREAT JOB! You and Rambo rock. smile

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 10:11 PM

Phenomenal job! When your heart is in it, you can accomplish almost anything!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 10:32 PM

Congrats Dita and Ed. Job well done !

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 10:37 PM

YAY!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 10:38 PM

Dita, thank you to you both for your work on this project and for letting so many help a tiny bit! smile
Posted By: Nova

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/14/08 11:26 PM

You and Rambo deserve big kudos and big hugs. The kids are gonna be wow'd!!!!! Great job to all who helped!!!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 12:12 AM

Great news - the kids will be so happy smile

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 12:26 AM

smile
Posted By: NYgal

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 12:56 AM

Nice accomplishment! smile
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 02:50 PM

Big conrats to you both Dita! Yall ROCK! smile

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 03:00 PM

Thanks, everybody....but in actuality it was all of you that made the shipping possible so congratulate yourselves as well!

Just as a bit of info....as I said in the latest post, the trailer will be sent to Amarillo at a facility that handles these types of shipments to various charitable organizations throughout Central America and Mexico. The trailer has TONS of school supplies and an equally large amount of first aid supplies in addition to the playground equipment. The supplies and the first aid supplies will be the first to be shipped, as the entire shipment is too large for an ocean container and cannot be sent at one time.

Holy Cross is working on the grounds that will house the equipment and the equipment will be sent down as soon as possible.

Thank you all again for an outstanding effort. You guys ROCK!!!!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 03:05 PM

Dita, I know how much work you and Ed put into this project. The kudo's are not sufficient rewards for your efforts. Wish we all could have done more.

Thanks !

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 08/15/08 06:24 PM

Can't wait for you to come down and get to see the kids enjoying the playground - that will definitly be a kodak moment

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 01/21/09 07:53 PM

GREAT NEWS!

Most of the playground and supplies have arrived at the school! The reason for only receiving a partial shipment has to do with the container size constraints. The rest will be making it's way shortly.

Ed and I would like to thank everybody that donated time, supplies or funds to make this happen. None of this would have been possible without the generous donations we received from all of you!

We couldn't be happier that some of these donations will be able to be shared with other deserving groups in San Pedro such as Saga and the Poly Clinic and even more thrilled that part of the playground (the large mats) are on loan to the Coast Guard! What a wonderful idea!

Thanks again to everybody that helped with this endeavor!

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 01/21/09 07:56 PM

3 cheers to you and Ed for making it all happen.

Hip Hip Horray x 3 smile
Posted By: belizegial

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 01/21/09 08:06 PM

CONGRATULATIONS on your project Dita.

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 01/21/09 09:50 PM

Way to go! This is a great thing for everyone!

smile

Re: Playground Transportation Donations - Please H - 11/04/10 10:05 PM

Bumping this.

Thanks Village.

Seems lil'red has good knowledge of playground construction.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board