AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Medical supplies

Posted By: Bama Fan

Medical supplies - 04/28/08 04:53 PM

This is my first post here. I have been on the site many times, very addicting, to look for places to stay for our visit in July. Anyway, does anyone have contact info for local hospitals? I have some medical supplies that I would like to bring and donate. The supplies are for Interventional Radiology procedures (i.e.- angioplasty, angiogram catheters and so on). To be honest, I don't know if these type procedures are even performed on Ambergris Caye. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Medical supplies - 04/28/08 05:43 PM

To the best of my knowledge these types of procedures are not performed on the island. To be frank we don't even perform c-sections here.

Of course the supplies will probably be welcomed at the Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital located in Belize City.

Hopefully somebody will post the relevant contact info.
Posted By: Algae

Re: Medical supplies - 04/28/08 06:01 PM

One of your best avenues would be through the Lions Club....they have been involved in Health Care significantly. You could write [email protected] and inquire if they could direct you to the Belize City Lions Club.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Medical supplies - 04/28/08 11:28 PM

Dr Hildago at Universal Hospital is a wonderful cardiologist and would be happy to tell you where the most need is and what procedures are done in Belize. I would call his office directly at....oops I just tried to look up his number and realized that my phone book is 2005.
Posted By: Bama Fan

Re: Medical supplies - 04/29/08 01:58 AM

Thanks PK. If you come across his number, or even better, his email or website, please let me know. I probably have 100K worth of supplies that could be very beneficial.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Medical supplies - 04/29/08 02:45 AM

I will definitely look for it. Could you please look to your PM
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board