AmbergrisCaye.com Home

First visit to AC

Posted By: Peeks

First visit to AC - 05/10/08 08:22 PM

My husband and I will be in AC the first week of June and staying at Pelican Reef Villas. Any suggestions on a nice restaurant that serves dinner by candelight on the beach? Also, any feedback from anyone who has stayed at Pelican Reef would be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: PSUhorty

Re: First visit to AC - 05/10/08 09:01 PM

Can't remember if they actually had candles on the table, but the Blue Water Grill might be the ticket. A bit more upscale than many restaurants, but not over the top by any means. It is on the beach.

If you're looking for the typical romantic restaurant, (candles, maitre de`, etc, etc, I don't know that you'll find any on AC. Anyways... I'd recommend Blue Water Grill. Very nice, and good atmosphere.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 01:22 AM

One of the nicest for ambience is Blue Lotus, the Indian restaurant on a small island just behind AC. Access by private boat that they provide.

Though any restaurant will do in a power blackout.....
Posted By: cakelee

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 02:02 AM

Pelican Reef is very nice. I haven't stayed there but have seen it.

Capricorn was really nice when we went. Granted, I was with a bunch of loud fishermen, but without them, it could have been a romantic place! wink The new-ish owner and manager were also very attentive, and I would bet that they would do as much as they could to set the mood. And, the moonlit boat ride is nice, too.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 02:02 AM

Rojo Lounge and Capricorn both have a romantic, beachside atmosphere. Food is excellent at Capricorn and out of this world at Rojo Lounge.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: cakelee

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 02:05 AM

Lan - are you reading my mind??? We will try to get to Rojo this trip!

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 03:02 PM

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. We will definitely try out one or two of these. Very excited about the trip!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 04:38 PM

Seems Blue Lotus closed. Drat, it served nice food.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 04:53 PM

Didn't they just close for lunch? I hope it hasn't closed for the off season, I really enjoy the whole experience of eating there.
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 05:27 PM

Blue Lotus closed?... //ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/279634#Post279634

Posted By: CAPTAIN bigzeke

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 05:54 PM

Been in restaurant business my entire life and I am pretty damn old frown Rojo Lounge is the best restaurant on AC as far as I am concerned and romantic as you can get. Not cheap but honestly worth it.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 09:55 PM

Blue Lotus is not closed, just took my mom there for dinner last week and had another fantastic dinner.

Lan is right on for the candle lite dinner. Capricorn or Rojo!

Pelican Reef is beautiful. They have a lovely bar at the pool.

Enjoy!
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: First visit to AC - 05/11/08 10:35 PM

ZEKE, BABY!!! YOU LIVE!!!!! where the F you been, boy??
Posted By: Chloe

Re: First visit to AC - 05/12/08 12:05 AM

Good to see Cpt. Zeke. smile Thanks for the driveby!
Posted By: deadserious

Re: First visit to AC - 05/12/08 12:46 AM

I'm going to Blue Lotus tonight. They took my reservation, so it would be odd if it were closed.

Re: First visit to AC - 05/12/08 03:04 PM

Been visiting a bunch of different islands of late. Joni and I are looking for a place to retire and hide from the kids. I will email you the island when I discover it, but won't post it cause the kids might find out. When we travel now I have at least 2 kids and sometimes 4 to bring along with us.Fly to BZE even from Miami now-a-days is getting too expensive. I thought when your kids got in their 20's they stopped wanting to hang out with the old folk. I wish someone would tell my kids that! When Joni and I go some place without them they get pissed. Go figure? Someone tell Spirit to put BZE on their route. Joni and I are going to Hondurous in Sept. and the roundtrip is $116, NO BS! Roatan here we come!
Posted By: Bobber

Re: First visit to AC - 05/12/08 03:45 PM

What? roundtrip from where? Roatan is cool. smile

Re: First visit to AC - 05/12/08 04:48 PM

Fort Lauderdale to Hondurous on Spirit. I flew to Nassau for $50 round trip. Turks & Caicos for $199 and to St Thomas for $149. Lately Spirit chooses my destination. Also goes to DR and Costa Rica & others. Spirit Air Rocks!!!!
Posted By: Dawghed

Re: First visit to AC - 05/12/08 10:00 PM

Peeks... Victoria House does a real nice personel dinner on the beach... Tiki Torches and all. You do need reservations for this. I made reservations through email. It was perfect. The rain didnt even start until we were done with our dinner. At that point we were forced to eat our choclate molten lava cake in the restaurant.

I have also seen other beach side restaurants set up a dinner table on their peir.

Didnt mean to change the subject.

Re: First visit to AC - 05/13/08 01:18 AM

Thanks Dawghed. That's a great idea. We originally tried to book a room at Victoria House and they were full so we chose Pelican Reef. Thanks for the info.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board