AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Travelgirl3 Tackle Box Question - 05/27/08 09:46 PM
Down to 1 sleep before we leave for the airport! After much discussion, we have decided to take the Caye Caulker ferry from BZE to San Pedro. I understand that this ferry arrives at the Tackle Box dock, which from the Wikipedia map, is in SP. But when I googled it, it seems it's part of Tranquility Bay Resort, which I don't think is in SP. I'm confused. I've asked our caretaker to pick us up at the Tackle Box dock, so I want to be sure I've got it right.

Also, assuming it is in SP, are they open for lunch? I'm think we might take the earlier ferry and have lunch there, before our pick up at 3pm.

Of course, I've been checking the weather for months, and now that my week is finally in the 10 day window, they're calling for Thunderstorms the entire time! But better a t/storm in paradise than at work, right!

Thanks all,
Penny
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Tackle Box Question - 05/27/08 09:54 PM
2 tackle boxes. Don't worry the water taxi lands at the Tackle Box in town.

Yes lunch is served all day in many restaurants on the island.

We'll be lucky if we get thunderstorms each day. But it is so beautiful when we get some of the electrical storms. It will still be hot. The raindrops are hot. When they dry up it will be sunny, hot and maybe a little humid.

The weather channel usually says we have thunderstorms for about 6 months of the year. It may or may not be true.

You will love your vacation. Get some sleep and arrive well rested.

Enjoy your stay.
Posted By: deadserious Re: Tackle Box Question - 05/27/08 09:56 PM
The Caye Caulker Ferry stops at the Tackle Box dock, which is right downtown SP.

It is open for lunch and it's always yummy too.
Posted By: Travelgirl3 Re: Tackle Box Question - 05/27/08 09:59 PM
Thanks Amanda and Deadserious. I feel better. Now that the months of reading/planning/organizing are almost over, there's nothing left for me to do but worry, so that's what I've been doing....

I don't mind some rain either - sure beats working.

Thanks again
Penny
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board