AmbergrisCaye.com Home

must do's in AC

Posted By: nomad315

must do's in AC - 06/07/08 03:39 PM

Hey guys, seriously I have become a message-forum-addict - - as I mentioned in past posts, I will be in Ambergris Caye this July -
What would you all say is the Must-Do's while on the island?
I love to travel and usually donít mind figuring things out on my own, but this trip I am on a bit of a budget and donít want to accidently waste my money on an excursion that most people would say is a waste of time smile
I guess I am wondering; as an example, what Mayan ruins are a must see, and what are the excursions that people would recommend...or not-recommend...etc...

You all have been tremendous help in previous posts, thank-you...
Posted By: deadserious

Re: must do's in AC - 06/07/08 06:58 PM

Cave Tubing is great fun.
Posted By: reaper

Re: must do's in AC - 06/07/08 07:06 PM

A day golf cart trip exploring the island and all of the great resorts, north and south of the cut.

A day trip with Tanisha Tours.

A day trip to Caye Caulker for a swim at the split and a cold drink at the Lazy Lizard.

If you golf, Caye Chapel for sure.

Have fun!!!

Re: must do's in AC - 06/07/08 07:30 PM

thanks for the suggestions guys,

is there cave tubing on Ambergris Caye?
Posted By: reaper

Re: must do's in AC - 06/07/08 07:34 PM

Only if you bring your own shovel and stalagtites!
You have to trek to the mainland.

Re: must do's in AC - 06/07/08 08:15 PM

LOL that's what i thought.... now, is there caves not far from mainland? I have done caving in San Ignacio in the past, and it was fun, but a bit far for a day trip.
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: must do's in AC - 06/07/08 09:42 PM

Reaper, the caves under P1's place perhaps? I hear there might might be a "Cup" hidden there.
Posted By: BamaB's

Re: must do's in AC - 06/08/08 04:30 AM

Lamanai Ruins, without a doubt.
Posted By: deadserious

Re: must do's in AC - 06/08/08 07:36 AM

The ruins and cave tubing is all done via day trips from the island to the mainland. In the case of cave tubing, they combine it with either a zoo tour or zipline.

It is likely the exact same tubing tour to took from SI...
Posted By: BrusselSprout

Re: must do's in AC - 06/08/08 05:53 PM

If you are a night life person...or even want to experience local music, I would say Crazy Canucks on Monday nights is a must-do. (Or similar music at Tacklebox on Tuesday and Sunday) I also love a catamaran sail to Mexico Rocks. Searious does a very fun one.

You must eat breakfast at Estelle's for the fry jacks. You must have some key lime pie at Elvi's. You must have a pupusa from Waraguma's on Middle Street. You must sip a beer at the Lazy Lizard at the cut on Caye Caulker.
Posted By: klcman

Re: must do's in AC - 06/09/08 12:22 AM

and you MUST have a libation or 3 on the deck at Tacklebox!
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: must do's in AC - 06/09/08 01:46 AM

and grab a Belikin at the Palapa Bar, enjoy the breeze and the view of the reef from above and watch the fish from below
Posted By: chunkyruth

Re: must do's in AC - 06/09/08 01:52 AM

Order the pulled pork from the Palapa...you won't be disappointed!
Posted By: suecate

Re: must do's in AC - 06/09/08 03:21 PM

shop around for your excursions for prices and you will sometimes get a discount for US Cash.
Posted By: Ambergris Bob

Re: must do's in AC - 06/10/08 04:02 AM

There is so much to do but here are our high points for special events, in no particular order.
On the mainland, Lamanai, Maruba Jungle spa mud massage, cave tubing, zip line, several visits to Bomba for the carvings and the wonderful people, and I'm sure others will chime in.

On AC, reef and flats fishing (if you like fishing), Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley, great SCUBA, Manatee watching, golf cart tour of the island from N to S, the square at night, Mr. Joes ice cold Beliken, Fido's anytime, BC's on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, Road Kill Bar on Monday night, where do I stop. We love this place!

Bob
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board