AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Fishing trip companion(s)?

Posted By: Troy Patrick

Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/09/08 08:42 PM

My girlfriend and I will be there from June 14th-26th and we're interested in taking a half day or day long fishing trip.

On the Mata rocks website they advertise prices of $230/half day and $313/full day up to 4 people.

I am wondering if anyone else who'll be there those days would like to join us? Perhaps another couple?

Troy
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/09/08 09:06 PM

try www.fishingsanpedro.com
Posted By: Kgryfon

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 02:56 AM

I would be interested in joining you. I'll be there the 14th - 20th. I'm not a couple, though - single woman. But I like to fish!
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 02:10 PM

A word to the wise know the capt you are going with ..Some places book thru a guide who gets a guide ,who calls another guy ?????...!!! you want a great local capt not a pick up guide who noboday uses.!!!!! ...Get pete graniel ,abel guerrero , clifford and eric..etc ..go to fishingsanpedro.com ...he takes credit cards books 7 local guides .who have lived here there whole lives they will give you a great day ,catch loads of fish at cheap prices.And you can pay with fishingsanpedro.com with a credit card..A win win ..tight lines to you and good fishing enjoy your days in paradise ...
Posted By: mobow

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 04:21 PM

my wife and I may be interested. Maybe if we get a couple more people we can get the big boat Lady Reel or something like that. I think it only cost $100.00 extra and it has comforts some of the other boats do not. We will be there the 14th thru the 28th. 1/2 day is about all I want to do on any one day. Lets see if we can firm something up. 3 days and I'm out of here. keith

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 04:48 PM

Kat / Keith -

I sent an email to FishingSanPedro to see if they have availability on the Reel Lady for a half day trip on the 16th, 17th or 18th.

I'll let you know what they say once I hear back.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 04:59 PM

-I just did some price checking. We can get the reel lady for a half day fishing trip and if the 5 of us that have already expressed interest go it would only cost us $68.00 each. Go to fishingsanpedro.com and check out about the boat. My wife and I are in if you all are. keith

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 05:48 PM

Keith / Kat -

That's a real good price.

I got an email back from Steve - he said he'd have to check on the availability with Pete who's currently out fishing.

He also asked where we were staying...I'm staying at Hotel Del Rio - you?

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 05:54 PM

I'm at the Blue Tang and this sounds great to me - I'm in, just let me know which day(s) you are looking at so I can plan my other activities.

I'm headed out on a red-eye tomorrow night, but will have PC access when I get there.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 05:59 PM

If you can get pete 's big boat reel lady you will have a great day I love this boat 38 foot long ,very wide ,big clean bathroom you can stand up in . huge shade and rain cover holds ten seating or 4 sleeping or napping ..huge ice chests ..very nice seats ..have fished up to six with room to spare, reef fishing !!! ..Pete is a great guide/capt hope he is open for you guys .. have him filet them to eat a night .any local place will cook them for you !! Enjoy give us a trip report ..Go live the dream

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 06:09 PM

We are all right next to one another. Susie and I are at Paradise Villas. keith

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 06:34 PM

Well - that happens to work out quite nicely!

I emailed Steve back with that information.

I'll let you know when I hear back about which day(s) are available on the Reel Lady.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 06:48 PM

I have two others to go - bringing the cost to about $53 each for the half day. The website says the Reel Lady holds 8 comfortably, and that brings us to 7 so we have a full boat. They may not fish, so not too many lines in the water. If that's too many people for you, let me know and I'll tell them too bad : )

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 07:19 PM

Kat -

I have no issue with that at all.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 07:36 PM

Works for me. keith

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 09:48 PM

Troy/Kat it looks like we are all arriving on the island on the 14th. How about we get together for a drink Saturday evening to make sure we have everything worked out or to make a new plan if needed. I would suggest Wet Willys right out front of Blue Tang. I'll be the guy wearing shorts a light colored cotton shirt sandals and have a belikin in my hand. My wife will have similar attire and a rum punch or mojito. That should narrow it down a little. 8^). keith

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/10/08 10:42 PM

You can reef fish 6 with comfort more than that might be a problem .. the boat holds more but all can not fish ..But you will have a blast...

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 06:22 AM

Not a problem - we'll sit out/take turns if too many lines in the water. Wet Willies Sat night it is! I'm a short-haired blonde/blue and I'll be with a long-haired blonde/blue and a brown/brown young man. Who knows what we'll be wearing? But we'll have a drink of some sort, I'm sure : )

What time?
Posted By: wade the gringo

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 11:21 AM

probley not gona fish but will have a drink at wet willies with ya all. I look kinda like this guy........... http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=991431049980387938&hl=en

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 02:01 PM

I got a reply back from Steve last night - he has us reserved for Monday morning at 7am with pickup for 5 people at Paradise Villas dock. I sent a message back letting him know we had added 2 others and trying to verify if that was OK.

also - he mentioned we could meet up with him if we wanted to pay with credit card or we could pay the captain with cash - should we just do cash?

Wet Willys - Saturday night - sounds great!

I'm about 5'9'' short brown spikey-like hair. I can't imagine I'd be without a Belikin, but you may also find me near some one barrel as well...

I'll be with my girlfriend whos about 5'5'' brown hair, she'll likely be drinking something fruity.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 02:50 PM

Sounds good. I can go either way on the card or cash question. See you all at Wet Willys on Saturday. Just pick a time. keith

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 06:07 PM

Our Tropic Air flight is scheduled to land just before 3pm - so would imagine we'd be out to Wet Willys between 7:30-8:30 most likely...

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 07:40 PM

Works for me...

Wade, nice video! Was that in Puerto Rico?

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 07:40 PM

Oh yeah - I'm good with cash - I think they prefer it.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 07:42 PM

all over Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Bahamas, Mexico Jamaca and a few more

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:17 PM

Ah...a montage of Wade in wonderland(s). See you Sat at Wet Willies!

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:21 PM

who ya flyin

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:23 PM

Taking Taca on a red-eye from CA leaving tonight! Staying on the mainland for two days and will be in AC on the 14th.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:25 PM

Doing the cave tubing and zip-line from Jaguar Paw before coming to AC

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:26 PM

cool

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:28 PM

Are you in AC now?

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/11/08 08:36 PM

no, I fly out fri night, arive saterday
Posted By: DAB55

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/12/08 03:18 AM

I'll be there from 6/21-6/28. I'm a single guy, but would be interested in going...maybe a group of new friends???

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/12/08 03:51 AM

DAB, looks like we're going on Mon the 16th. You might want to start a new thread for folks who will be n AC when you are available.
Posted By: merc

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/12/08 11:26 AM

We'll be there second week of July and want to do what you are all doing... at least fishing once on a "big boat".

I've never been seasick having grown up on a boat, but my wife is a "mental must be a big boat" kind of fisher. She catches the big fish usually(I hate her), but likes going out on huge oversized boats and MUST drink a beer before wetting her line.

Anyway, from the sounds of it, this might be the boat for us too?

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/12/08 03:58 PM

From everything I've heard this is one of the best reef fishing boat options on AC. Having not personally been to AC before I cannot say for sure.

Re: Fishing trip companion(s)? - 06/14/08 03:16 AM

Merc - check out Dab55's new post - unfortunately, this boat is full but DAB is getting together a different trip, not sure when.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board