AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Waragumas 2 hours

Posted By: Seachange

Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 09:53 PM

Are they open on Sundays? How about Wet Willys?
We are trying to figure out where to eat when we arrive on a Sunday evening. Staying just south of the bridge. Thanks!
Posted By: Canam

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 09:59 PM

Waraguma is open Sundays. Not sure about Wet Willy's
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 10:02 PM

i can suggest you just get there and eat. there are lots of choices, and most are pretty darn good. to me, it's part of the adventure!!

you will have a great time, and eat well.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 10:05 PM

Wet Willy's Was doing karaoke Sunday nights and I think they still are but you would have to double check that.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 10:06 PM

There are lots of places open on sunday ,are you talking town center ,or more south.Again how hungry and what is the real you , Your budget. prices range from cheap , inexpensive, moderate or who cares about the price I want to live the dream And price is no object??? .lots of good places here and some are open sunday!!!!!
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 10:09 PM

Where is Waragumas?
Posted By: Canam

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/14/08 11:03 PM

Middle Street - Kind of across from the new Atlantic Bank
Posted By: PalapaBob

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/15/08 12:20 AM

Waragumas, a San Pedro treasure. Along with El Fogon (sp?), great local food. Tulu's uncle I believe.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/15/08 05:22 AM

Is Tulu an Eiley? That is the family that owns and runs El Fogon - good food!
Posted By: Aviator

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/15/08 11:36 PM

Mi Amigo here at work says "El Fogon" means "The Furnace"

Very good!!!
Posted By: 737Pilot

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/16/08 03:27 AM

Waraguma 2 is usually open a little later on Sunday, as of March. If anyone happens to go to Waraguma on middle street, please tell the family (Flores), especially Juan Pablo, we said hello. Last time we were there, we had our children with us ( 3 and 5). They would only eat cheese sandwiches at her place. We ate there almost every day! We have become such good customers and friends, she met us at the water taxi on our departure with cheese sandwiches and fresh fruit for our lunch. I still cry at the thought of it! I will post pics. Wow, I can't wait to eat there, again!! Her papusas are to die for! Adam, Jen, Landon, and Gavin Charlotte NC
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/16/08 05:21 AM

(Is Tulu an Eiley? That is the family that owns and runs El Fogon - good food!)
Sorry, It's the Arceo family although one is married to a Placencia Eiley.
Posted By: SER

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/16/08 06:22 PM

El Fogon is owned and operated by Susana Arceo Eiley with the occasional help from her sisters. She is an excellent and well known cook on the island. Her sister Shelly has opened The Orchid which is opened on the weekends. These women are one of the greatest San Pedrana cooks. You must try their food.
Posted By: Canukboi

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/16/08 10:48 PM

Oh gawd....two of my favorite places to eat. Try the Lobster Burrito at Waraguma...I dare you to try to tackle it yourself.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/16/08 10:51 PM

that lobster burrito at Waruguma is the BOMB!!!!

definately for two.
Posted By: BamaB's

Re: Waragumas 2 hours - 07/17/08 12:18 AM

Someone told me that if you only eat once on the island it should be at Waragumas, and I can add that if you eat there you may only NEED to eat once! the burritos are definitely "family sized"....
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board