AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Open

Posted By: Inplub

Open - 07/29/08 11:25 AM

Can any one tell me if Coral Beach Realty and Christos/Cafe Europa are still open.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Open - 07/29/08 02:20 PM

I know Coral Beach is open, next time I pass Christos/Europa will have a look and see.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Open - 07/29/08 03:38 PM

I was told last night, in Pedro's, that Fred is leaving which would suggest that Coral Beach realty is on its last legs
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Open - 07/29/08 04:38 PM

Sorry to see Fred leave.....he's a very nice man.
Posted By: purdygrl

Re: Open - 07/29/08 04:50 PM

I had coffee with Fred yesterday and he is not going anywhere. He and Bob are looking around for a new location as demolition is being done on the building next to him.
As for Cafe Europa/Christos. They had some damages due to a small fire and water break so she is closed for renovations and repairs.

Re: Open - 07/29/08 06:19 PM

Thank you Tacogirl, can you let me know when and how much damage was done by the fire
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Open - 07/29/08 07:41 PM

Good news.......thanks for dispelling the gossip.
Posted By: Keepin'itReel

Re: Open - 07/29/08 09:59 PM

I have been informed that the fire was in the apt above the restaurant not in it, and it was a stove that caught fire; the water heater in the apt above was rusted out and leaked slightly into the ceiling of the restaurant. no damage was done to the building. Cafe Europa is being renovated and will have a grand re-opening in about a month.

Re: Open - 07/30/08 08:13 AM

Thank you for that information, I am now a little confused, the stove is in the kitchen at the front of the apt upstairs and the water heater is in one of the back bedrooms.

Can you let me know if it was the stove or the water heater that caught on fire, you may ask why it has anything to do with me and the answer is the insurance is in my name and nobody has told me about what has happened.
Posted By: purdygrl

Re: Open - 07/30/08 04:54 PM

Hi it seems like I actually caused more gossip then made it better. When I had talked to the owner of Europa she had had a bad day because of a fire. It was on the stove upstairs no damaged caused just some smoke that has been cleaned and taken care of. At the same time she mentioned she was doing some renovations because of a leak. I had put it together in my mind that the two were related but they are not. Since changing menues she had taken the opertunity while doing one repair to fix up and renovate the place. As Keeping it reel mentioned she should be opening very soon. All is good. I am sorry I caused more issue then what is reality.

Re: Open - 07/30/08 07:12 PM

I am very sorry she had a bad day and thank you for letting me know
Posted By: J A Rebel

Re: Open - 07/31/08 06:08 PM

Did you guys know that in this years Budget, there was no alocation made for San Pedro in Capital 2 of the 2008-2009 budget.
Its ashame that San Pedro, who contibute so much was not given at least one project for this year. No alocation for streets, elctrification and drains. All this will depend on the Town Council to upgrade. I think the San Pedro Business Assocation needs to address this urgently

Re: Open - 08/01/08 08:44 PM

I totally agree - I really wish that they would come up with a better way to deal with the streets on the backside and up north other than throwing some big rocks in the holes and covering over with dirt just to have it become a muddy holey mess with the very next rain fall. So many people are commuting to work everyday from the DFC/San Pablo Area I think they deserve to have their roads fixed properly

Another thing in great need of attention is the garbage situation - I had recently talked with someone who was doing research on the perceived impact of a proposed large development to be done up north South of Bacalar Chico. My take is that if a developer is going to be profiting through a development that impacts the SP environment (ie they are getting something from it), besides being certain that 1) environmental impact is minimized or better yet 2) the development is constructed in a way to protect and enhance the experience of learning about the environment it is a part of, they should also give back to it - why can't the government and such a developer join together to fund the construction of a proper waste management/recylcing plant here on SP? IF the design is a mystery, we can canvas universities in US or Europe for graduate students in waste management to come and help design something for credit, simlar to the way I think the design of the new football field/marina happened.

Re: Open - 08/01/08 09:32 PM

The last 2 post have lost me I only ask if Coral Beach Realty and Christos/Cafe Europa are still open, and that has been answered.

If everybody helped a little and put their garbage in the bins and not throwing it on the floor there would be less of a problem.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Open - 08/02/08 02:55 PM

John ,my dear friend ,Amen to that these people just Rant at anything that comes to there mind ,And the tpoic gets highjacked quick .Not that some of the people do not have a good thing to say just they do not think about What the post was about...Miss you guys stay well..
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: Open - 08/02/08 04:24 PM

...a good deed never goes unpunished.
Originally Posted by purdygrl
Hi it seems like I actually caused more gossip then made it better. When I had talked to the owner of Europa she had had a bad day because of a fire. It was on the stove upstairs no damaged caused just some smoke that has been cleaned and taken care of. At the same time she mentioned she was doing some renovations because of a leak. I had put it together in my mind that the two were related but they are not. Since changing menues she had taken the opertunity while doing one repair to fix up and renovate the place. As Keeping it reel mentioned she should be opening very soon. All is good. I am sorry I caused more issue then what is reality.

Re: Open - 08/02/08 06:11 PM

sorry about that I did realize after the fact that the comment was misplaced . . .
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Open - 08/02/08 11:41 PM

No need to be sorry..But I understand where you are comming from .Be in aug 16 for 12 days lets have a drink And chat fishing..And life .Pm me here on the board .Please ..

Re: Open - 08/03/08 12:52 PM

Miss you too Captjeff, I was there last month for a few days and at the moment Thipaya is in Thailand looking at houses there. It looks like we will be moving there in a few years, after the children finish school here.
Posted By: bywarren

Re: Open - 08/03/08 01:48 PM

Let me know when the guest bedroom is ready. grin

Re: Open - 08/03/08 03:11 PM

No problem, Thipaya is due back in 2 weeks, that is what Thipaya told me before her planed trip to Hong-Kong. Thipaya went to find out about building a house in Hua Hin, 100 miles south of Bang Kok and has now told me she is buying her friends house in Bang Kok, not far from the Airport. Looks like we have two places in Thailand.

You are welcome to come to both, the second may take some time to get off the ground.
Posted By: belizegial

Re: Open - 08/03/08 03:33 PM

Looks like we'll have places to stay in Thailand now for vacation(-:

Re: Open - 08/03/08 03:48 PM

Any time, I am looking forward to going myself

Re: Open - 08/26/08 12:54 PM

I was told a month ago Cafe Europa was being renovated and will have a grand re-opening in about a month. Can any one tell me when this will be? I have heard they are now trying to lease the restaurant or to sell the place?

Re: Open - 11/16/08 05:25 PM

Can anyone tell if they are open yet, I have heard they are selling up and going.
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Open - 11/16/08 05:46 PM

John why do you not check with your realtors-they should surely be hands on as you ahve not received your final payment yet-who were they again

Re: Open - 11/16/08 06:32 PM

I found out they were not working for me, this was sent 4th Aug 2008.

Mr Jones, I am aware of the slanderous and inaccurate comments made to Mr Somes and there is no requirement for him to respond to you! I have made my/our position perfectly clear to you on this issue of our commissions in the sale of your property so no more be said or debated. Your claim that we did not represent you in your best interests is based upon what? You refused to sign a Listing Agreement with us, so on what legal basis were we required to represent you?

As in the case with Ms. Cluney and Ms. Ungermann, I shall advise Mr Ebanks, our attorney of your continued slanderous comments made publicly and on local blogs and if such derogatory comments continue, you shall be the one facing charges!

Have a nice day!

Bob Hamilton
Owner/Broker
Coral Beach Realty
San Pedro, A.C. Belize
www.coralbeachrealty.net

Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Open - 11/16/08 11:01 PM

Quite interesting. And did you have a nice day Mr. Jones??

If you had no listing agreement with them why did you pay them?

If they represented the buyer then the buyer paid them, so why are you bothered by this company?

What???? You paid them a commission? Why, if they didn't work for you why did you pay them?

If you paid them, then they worked for you??? Right????

Re: Open - 11/16/08 11:36 PM

Did I have a nice NO. I sold our property in April 2007, it was not until April 2008 we discovered that the new owners had a slightly different agreement then us. I came out to San Pedro in June this year to find out the truth and had a meeting with the new owners and their lawyer in san Pedro. Also at the meeting Mr Bob Hamilton was there working with the new owners. That is when I found out he was working for them and not me.

This is an e-mail that Mr Hamilton sent me when I asked for our money back.

----- Original Message ----
To: John Jones <[email protected]>; Fred Somes <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:42:34 PM
Subject: Re: Fee's

Dear Mr. Jones:

Thank you for this recent correspondence. Please be advised that our "fees" were based upon the following services:

1) We advertise and market your property.
2) We acquire a buyer for your property.
3) We assist with the negotiation process until an agreement is reached between yourself and the buyer.
4) We prepare a draft purchase agreement for your review with the recommendation that you seek professional legal advice.
5) We facilitate the signing of both parties on two original agreements.
6) We act as Escrow Agent for both parties with regard to documents and funding.
We have performed such services to the satisfaction of both parties AS OF THE TIME OF THE SALE!

However, now, over one year later, your correspondence and actions claim that such services were not provided and request the return of our fees under threat of legal action????

Let me make this perfectly clear! Your accusations that I have "changed, manipulated, replaced, etc.." pages of the original agreement are offensive and liable in a court of law! Letters to the buyer's legal council suggesting criminal action on our behalf, or similar comments to other parties, may also be liable!

You were provided with an original agreement which you now claim you did not receive. Also, somehow the attached Payment Schedule on your multiple, some unsigned copies of the agreement has been replaced with the payment schedule attached to the first agreement where you miss-represented yourself as the owner of the property. The original agreements you signed, as POA, in my office, and I witnessed, had attached the Payment Schedule with the prepayment clause! Under oath in a court of law, I shall testify to this and to the provision to you of an original signed agreement with such Payment Schedule attached. What you have done with this original signed agreement is only known to you!

I trust you understand my position on your accusations and your request for the return of our earned fees! Further accusations of such a nature may result in our taking legal action against you for damages to our professional reputation!

Best regards

Bob Hamilton
Owner/Broker
Coral Beach Realty
San Pedro, A.C. Belize
www.coralbeachrealty.net
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Open - 11/16/08 11:44 PM

Is this an appropriate use of a public message board? Who will be the Judge? Jury?

Re: Open - 11/16/08 11:52 PM

I was asked a question and have answered with the TRUTH and people can then Judge who to buy Real-Estate through and who not too.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board