AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant

Posted By: Teach

Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:20 AM

Sundiver Beach Resort up north does have a restaurant, I assume. Haven't seen anything on this forum about it. So how does it rate with those in the know.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:28 AM

Interesting question, Teach. Sundiver Beach Resort no longer exists and hasn't for a couple of years or more. When the resort was fairly new, they had a great restaurant for a short period of time. I can't remember what became of the couple that was running it, at that time.

Well, when I say it no longer exists, I mean that is has new owner/operatorship and is running under a new name. The name I know but seems to have escaped me at the moment. Ask Wiele. smile
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:32 AM

SS, What kind of responce is that. If you dont know, say nothing
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:39 AM

but she is correct in that it no longer operates under the name sundiver, and hasn't for a while.

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:44 AM

OK so I may have read somewhere that it is now Mata Grande Studios & Resort - is that correct?

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:49 AM

Over kill, just like a teacher frown

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 01:50 AM

Yes, Teach, Mata Grande is correct. Sorry for the momentary lapse in memory.

Ernie . . two words.

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:01 AM

Give me a break - I'm new at this stuff. AC included. blush

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:09 AM

Teach, I hope you didn't mean I should give you a break, cuz I am. It's that darn Ernie. smile

Here's a website for you to look at, Teach:

http://www.matagrandestudios.com/about.html

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:16 AM

No seashell I didn't mean you should give me a break - sorry for the misunderstanding. You are correct, my comment was directed at Ernie - immissing. Thanks for the link.

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:45 AM

frown Poor Ernie smile
Posted By: azbob

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 03:48 AM

E, I dont't feel sorry for you in the least! :=)

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 03:53 AM

Surprised you are still up. I thought old retired farts went to bed early. shocked
Posted By: azbob

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 03:57 AM

E, it's my bedtime too, so nite all! It will be a beautiful day tomorrow!

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 12:13 PM

Yeah, Teach, us old farts do go to bed early. We also git up early. Afternoon naps are on the agenda too. That's wut makes us so good lookin smile

E !

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:24 PM

Us Teach's get up early too. Already fixed breakfast and doen the morning ritual. Unfortunately an afternoon nap isn't on the schedule - although that does sound like a great idea. Nap outside lying on the beach in the wonderful sunshine. You can't beat that. Actually that retired stuff sounds great too. So do you spend most of your retired time in Texas or AC? cool

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:32 PM

Texas. I visit the island 4-5 times a year, just not this time of year. I probably wont return until Feb.

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:37 PM

So we are looking at visiting either early November or early February? Which is best?

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 02:40 PM

They are both good. Nov is a little less crowded, Feb is fantastic (jmho)
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 04:38 PM

i can't believe i'm saying this, but i agree w ernie.

both times are nice - BUT Feb is high season and many lodgings will be priced higher, and lobster season closes Feb 15. (meaning, after feb 15th, you cannot get lobster except at places with permission - at increased pricing).
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 05:17 PM

everyone has their own preference, I like November as the crowds are considerably less plentiful. I believe it is technically still hurricane season and you could possibly run into some bad weather. It does get more crowded closer to Thanksgiving and prices tend to rise. Lobster season runs from June through Feb 14, so no matter what time you are there in Nov it's Lobster Season! Truth is, especially if it is your first trip, you will have a great time no matter when you go!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 05:29 PM

Back to the original question....... the beach bar and restaurant at Mata Grande Resort are not presently open.
Wish they were - it's one of the sweetest locations on the island!

I noticed that Rojo just started a take-out service which could mean something cool for folks staying in the area .......
and Mata Grande Grocery has the usual necessities for hungry travelers - chips, beer, salsa, cheese, tortillas and frozen meats.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Sundiver Beach Resort restaurant - 08/08/08 05:31 PM

the li'l deli at xaman ek is nice too
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board