AmbergrisCaye.com Home

What is a resort and or hotel

Posted By: Pedro1

What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 07:56 PM

I was in Playa this week and met a couple who stayed in SP at a resort -they enjoyed the island but found that where they were staying was a condo with a pool and no other facilities-now you can argue that they should have done a more in depth investigation on where they chose to stay.
However what should a resort have to be called a resort or indeed the new word of the last two years "boutique"
1.A bar/restaurant open for threee meals a day
2.A manned front desk/office with telephone and message and info service
3.A dive shop
4.A swimming pool
5.Internet service available without having to bring your own computer
6.Room service
7. Laundry service (not a washing machine in condo)
8.Full daily maid service

Please add other things that you consider necessary-I believe that by allowing condo owners and marketers who just pick up their clients at the airport sell them a few trips and give them a condo key and gc key is not a resort or even a two star hotel,and leads us as anisland losing repeat guests and also losing prospective guests
Posted By: Canam

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:06 PM

Addition to #2 - 24 hour manned front desk imo

9) airport transfers included in rate
Posted By: bywarren

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:31 PM

"resort Definition
re·sort (ri zôrt′)
noun
a place to which people go often or generally, esp. one for rest or recreation, as on a vacation."

I think generally the amenities a "resort" offers are in relation to the number of "stars" they claim to be. i.e. a 5 star resort or a 2 star resort,etc

Posted By: Don Greife

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:37 PM

A "resort" is the place in town with the Worlds Best Pizza, a brass gong, and a propriator who only Claims to be an A$$ H0//. See you soon. The Ugly American Tourist
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pedro1
I was in Playa this week and met a couple who stayed in SP at a resort

San Pedro......Playa.....sounds like they're not first time travelers. It is hard to believe that they didn't do more investigation. I would think that at least 98% of the tourist visiting the Island have a good idea what type of facility they've booked. With the internet it's almost impossible to be sold something that you're not going to get......I'm strictly referring to resorts/condos on San Pedro, all of their websites are pretty darn accurate.
There are some extremely competent property managers on the Island that do a terrific shop of handling their client's condos and are very honest with the tourist as to what they should expect.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:51 PM

OK, I realize this can sound silly but when I pay resort prices in the states I expect premium bath amenities and robes. The only place on the island I am aware of that provides these is Victoria House. There may be others.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:52 PM

Whoops, I forgot Pedro's has a pool now. That moves it up to a minus 4 star rating. wink
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:54 PM

But, the pool has no water in it. Back to -5

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:57 PM

That is only because Pedro hasn't drank enough beer yet. grin

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 08:59 PM

We need to get Pete the Pool Guy down real quick.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:00 PM

If I remember correctly, Banyan Bay has robes....of course who needs a robe in the Caribbean....a pair of shorts....and by the way forget the underwear... :-)

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:02 PM

There is a robe in my unit at Banyan Bay. It fits females of certain proportions. wink
Posted By: Barnacle

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:09 PM

i have a unit in my robe that fits females of certain proportions!

GASP! oh no you dit-unt!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:11 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Shit oh dear....can't stop laughing laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:12 PM

laugh laugh shocked shocked

ROFLMAO!!!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:12 PM

Did she see your unit barnacle?

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:17 PM

grinShe couldn't find it laugh

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:27 PM

shocked shocked shocked

All units are gray in the dark!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:31 PM

as with most "exclusive", "eloquently appointed", areas around here, this one is also "gated".

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:33 PM

dcg, that's why it's so important to carry one of those "special flashlights" with you for those unexpected "power" failures grin Oh dear where is this all going blush

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:35 PM

shocked same place most things go............ gutter bound!!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:39 PM

Sorry dcg.....it's Friday afternoon and we all take a beer break around this time!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:42 PM

wink No apology needed for me. In 1 hour and 15 min. I plan on doing the same thing! TGIF!
laugh
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:43 PM

laugh i leave for a few hours, and look what happens... laugh

(dang i miss that 'rolling eyes' emoticon)

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:47 PM

grinAre we out of control yet....if not we sure could try harder grin

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:48 PM

We aim to please! laugh
Posted By: ragman

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 09:53 PM

My aim wasn't so good on the last visit, between laughing about units and drinking rum.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 10:57 PM

I found pics of women modeling robes in San Pedro smile

http://muppetsgowild.blogspot.com/2008/04/weekend-at-victoria-house.html

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 11:00 PM

SCHEEXY

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 11:56 PM

my, this thread took a nosedive!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 11:56 PM

Leah-Ann, it's Friday.....what do you expect!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/08/08 11:58 PM

from this crowd? not a lot! laugh

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 12:00 AM

That makes sense smile
Posted By: Rykat

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 02:54 AM

speaking of nosedives................................Yes, dear! blush
Posted By: Laguna Punta

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 11:47 AM

A resort is some place that they don't knock on your door every two hours wanting mo money.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 12:41 PM

as to a previous comment - i have never stayed anywhere on the island that DIDN'T offer free local transfers, even if by reimbursable cab. in addition, most places will offer to help with local flights, tours and/or cart rentals at no charge (prob get a %).

JMO - a hotel/condo provides housekeeping, and maybe a pool. perhaps breakfast daily like a B&B.

additional amenities such as on-site restaurant and free use of bikes/kayaks, and/or dive shop facilities, etc makes for a resort. oh yes, and as mentioned, a front desk with a human working it.

a note: i've been told by a few tour operators that they by far prefer direct bookings (not thru the hotel), as the hotels require a percentage of the guide fee for the bookings thru them. this reduces the guide's small profits, which they need to live off and feed their families. if you consider going on tours, please think of your tour guides, and book directly with them when possible. thanks for your support.
Posted By: NYgal

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 01:40 PM

P R E Z for Life of SPA-SC laugh laugh laugh
funny omg!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 01:46 PM

and bill, i never included your house as a 'resort'. stop knockin'!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 04:15 PM

Jane

if you book privately-50% of the time you get ripped off by non professsional tour guides - the good guides are invariably booked-the hotel booking guarantees that you get what you paid for,and that you get a guide that knows what he/she is doing-the hotel just by providing the guarantee deserves the 20% fee
Posted By: shuffles

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 04:32 PM

I agree. Tourists run the risk of "Bubba's Dive Shop" with no gas in boat ("Oh I forgot to tell you that you need to pay for gas too"), not enough air in tanks, etc.

If you book through a hotel, they will at least make sure that the tour guides are good, have good equipment, etc., and that if the trip is not right for some reason, you will make it right.

Posted By: Inky

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by LOANSUM - AL K.
sounds like they're not first time travelers. It is hard to believe that they didn't do more investigation.

Taking a Buyer Beware additude towards visitors is VERY BAD for tourism.

"Resort" does imply "full-service" to the vast majority of tourists.
Pedros feedback from these visitors is an opportunity to improve.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 04:54 PM

i meant no disrespect to you lodgings owners, and do not mean to take income from you, i assure you.

i was referring to a particular well-respected tour operator, and a capt i have used.

BUT, i absolutely see your point to tourists unfamiliar with the island. i should have made that clarification.

due to prior posts: i can provide you with a name, off the board.

i once was asked to mention this fact. i said i would. i don't mean to hurt anyone.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 05:48 PM

Humm – I wonder why Peter started this post? Could it possibly be like when he started the “Great Pizza War?” Oh, yeah, just before he opened a pizza parlor.
So, Peter, is the new “resort” you are building next to Sweet Basil’s going to have all the amenities you have mention. Why don’t you tell us about it?

Oh yeah – the sign at the gate to Pedro’s Inn says open from 11:00 to 2:00 P.M. I have been down twice around 1:00 and told you don’t open until 4:00 so I went away hungry.
Posted By: Shopgirl

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 06:07 PM

Going back to Pedro's original question. To me a resort offers all of #1-#9. A hotel provides the basic room plus has a 24 hour desk person.
The rating standard is based on how well the services are provided and the upkeep, condition, of the amenities provided.

BS. in some places robes are an extra charge! No matter the size. wink

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/09/08 06:37 PM

I know a few people that get their robes from Omar.(the tent maker)

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Humm – I wonder why Peter started this post? Could it possibly be like when he started the “Great Pizza War?” Oh, yeah, just before he opened a pizza parlor.
So, Peter, is the new “resort” you are building next to Sweet Basil’s going to have all the amenities you have mention. Why don’t you tell us about it?

Oh yeah – the sign at the gate to Pedro’s Inn says open from 11:00 to 2:00 P.M. I have been down twice around 1:00 and told you don’t open until 4:00 so I went away hungry.
...and disappointed.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by sweetjane
and bill, i never included your house as a 'resort'. stop knockin'!
Then stop frying bacon, SW.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 03:39 PM

Scubalady

Did you not understand the first time that you were told we open at 4.00pm -let me inform you again the best pizza place in the world opens at 4.00pm -you can order by phone and pick up or we will deliver to the bridge for a delivery fee
226-3825
206-2198
610-5526

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 04:07 PM

The first time I was NOT told you open at four - simply that you were not open. Maybe you could consider changing the sign?

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 04:16 PM

I never thought of that-will put that under advisement

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 06:32 PM

So what do we call resorts with none of these amenities?or if they just have a couple of them
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 06:40 PM

Sorta-resorts?
Posted By: SimonB

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 06:47 PM

We have:

Journey's End Resort
Belize Legacy Resort
Xanadu Island Resort
Caribe Island Resort
Blue Reef Island Resort
Banana Beach Resort
Belizean Shores (call themselves a resort)
Ramon's Village (call themselves a resort)
Mata Rocks Resort
Portofino Resort
Exotic Caye Resort
Tranquility Bay Resort
The Phoenix Resort
Blue Tang Inn (call themselves a resort)

Just which ones in particular do you have a problem with?

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 07:01 PM

Simon as usual you are showing your lack of education by not reading my post
The post I wrote is saying what amenities should be provided so that it can be called a resort
A resort cannot be just some rooms with nothing else-

Lets make it easy for you
should a resort have a full time restaurant-serving real food as well as snacks
swimming pool
internet service
telephone service available 24 hours a day
security
bar
beauty salon
gift/tour and dive shop
laundry facilities
everyday maid service
room service
front desk
hammocks on the grounds
lets see what you think is necessary

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 07:14 PM

I don't disagree with you but in your case there's usually an ulterior motive for your posts (as noted in one of the posts above.)

I do disagree with requiring a beauty salon and room service as those are more hotel ammenities. I also don't see that you have to have a dive shop as I wouldn't expect a mainland resort to provide that ammenity.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 07:16 PM

correct me if I am wrong but are we not on the AC board.
so would you call for example Xanadu a resort?
Simon I already know the answers but I am just educating the board.
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 08:58 PM

there are different kinds of resorts - golf resorts; tennis resorts; diving resorts, etc. depends on who your market is as to what you provide in amenities. on AC i would look for a diving resort, not a golf or tennis resort. robes wouldn't be required for a resort rating, but all of the things you listed would be IMO except maybe the hair salon. although an on site spa would be a perfect addition.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 10:11 PM

I'm really struggling to figure out the freaking point of this thread to begin with......makes no sense.....hotel, motel, resort......who gives a rat's ass.....just come to San Pedro and enjoy yourself no matter which type of accomodation you choose.
Posted By: elbert

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 10:21 PM

This is a Peter1 thread hes having an identity crisis.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 10:26 PM

Elbert-as usual your erudition and spelling does not improve with age-let me ask a question is your rented dive shop on a resort-if not-what do the owners consider a resort to be
Posted By: reaper

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 10:28 PM

Now THIS place is my kind of resort!
www.skydiveperris.com
So Peter, get a plane and you will have a "full service" resort.
Just adding what I think is necessary.
Posted By: pugwash

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 11:30 PM

A resort is where you pick up the phone, and whatever you wished for happens.

A hotel is where you pick up the phone, and during certain hours, someone will tell you where you can go to get whatever you wished for, occasionally on site.

A condo is where you ask your wife for something, and then are told to go and find it yourself, 'cause she's on vacation too, you lazy SOB!

Pedro's has really cold Beer and excellent Pizza, but don't plan on staying married long if you take your wife on vacation and book a room there smile

I stay there when I plan on drinking too much to navigate my boat back up north: its great value, and did I mention cold beer and great pizza?

Hope this helps?
Posted By: Short

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/10/08 11:38 PM

Perhaps someone should make an online comparison for the all the possible amenities from the different Resorts, Hotels, Condos, etc on Ambergris Caye. That way there should be no more confusion for tourists - problem solved!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/11/08 08:24 AM

...most impressed to find a Milk Dud on the pillow. Hey wait...there's a gecko in my room!!!!
Posted By: gailtor

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/11/08 01:10 PM

LOL that must be some big gecko, Bill... smile

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/11/08 02:43 PM

laugh
Posted By: AdvantageRealty

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/11/08 04:39 PM

Main Entry:
1re·sort Listen to the pronunciation of 1resort
Pronunciation:
\ri-ˈzȯrt\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, return, source of aid, from Anglo-French, from resortir to rebound, resort, from re- + Old French sortir to go out, leave
Date:
14th century

1 a: one that affords aid or refuge : resource <went to them as a last resort> b: recourse 1a <have resort to outside help>2 a: frequent, habitual, or general visiting <a place of popular resort> b: persons who frequent a place : throng c (1): a frequently visited place : haunt (2): a place providing recreation and entertainment especially to vacationers
synonyms see resource
Posted By: deadserious

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/11/08 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pedro1
Elbert-as usual your erudition and spelling does not improve with age-let me ask a question is your rented dive shop on a resort-if not-what do the owners consider a resort to be

Excellent punctuation and sentence structure Pedro.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 02:02 AM

Jeez, go away for a while and miss all the fun.

Point is that I doubt that any of the places I listed meet the criteria that have been listed here.

We may be on AC but are you saying we should have a special rule for AC on what defines a resort. I think if you look you'll find that half the "resorts" in the world don't meet all of the criteria above.

In this day and age researching where you are planning on staying is a relatively simple process. It was back in '96 when I booked my first vacation on the internet, even more so now. You'd be hard pressed with any of the properties in Belize to not get what they advertise for amenities. You might not get the service and quality they advertise but again research on that front is not difficult either.

Now, if a place is advertising itself as having amenities and doesn't live up to their advertising then you have a serious issue. In the case of Belize, they should be reported to the BTB for false advertising.

Hopefully that closes this off.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 05:51 AM

advertising again Simon-perhaps you are against full service resorts as they will not make use of your business(just a thought)

so you are saying a swimming pool amongst a bunch of condos is acceptable as a resort
Does that not make Portofino that provides a restaurant,seperate bar(inside and out),huge pool, dive shop,24 hour telephone,daily maid service,boat pick up three times a day,free kayaks,on site massage facility,free internet access with two resort computers in the bar area,look a little bit over the top for what we provide the average tourist.
At various times of the year people send out a no. of emails to resorts and some of them are full for that specific week or they have sold a night or two in that week,and they do not have a room for 7 nights (possibly because they provide more amenities)and others say book now or someone else-this is a pressure sale-very few resorts were full this year-that includes xmas and new year.
Now I know you only run a business with no real capital outlay-a golf cart and a website in most countries do not qualify as capital-just think of the people who go the full monty and others benefit by holding back and not providing what they should for the money charged

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 02:05 PM

Good lord, he never stops but then again I never though he would. crazy

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 03:04 PM

tomato, tom-ah-to.

simon has a good point...i can look at the websites and see the difference between ruby's, cloisters, and portofino.

i do not think, for good or bad, there is any criteria for what a lodging calls itself, as long as they are not offering what they do not have.

pricing often, tho not always, will tell what one can expect.

buyer (renter, in this case) beware?

peter, i'm just not really following what you are trying to get at. can you clarify?

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 03:05 PM

Is a pizza place that sells beer a resort if the owner digs a swimming pool?
This is the real question you should have posted at the beginning of this thread peter. Where going to concede this for you and you can rest, Peters Resort Hotel . Everyone say that 10 times and lets move on.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 03:11 PM

I do believe that Elbert has divined the true intent of the original post!!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 03:28 PM

The only time the word "resort" should used in the same sentence as Pedro's is having compassion for anyone who has to "resort" to going there. grin

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 03:59 PM

HAhahaha!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 04:23 PM

OK guys - you are on the right trail - but the wrong property. Peter - you never answered my question about the "resort" you are building next to Sweet Basils." I will give you this - you know how to bait the market. You did it with pizza - now with resorts. You are a clever old fox; and tenacious.

BTW - was the fiberglass hull (about the size of a bus) I saw upside down in your front yard the now "Olympic sized" swimming pool?
Posted By: Welland

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/12/08 04:30 PM

Way to go Pedro. You are my hero.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 01:39 AM

Mine too Pedro. See you a week from Friday. Fill-er up. My glass too.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 06:10 AM

it is an olympical sized pool-Harriet get new glasses

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 04:22 PM

Olympical'?? did you mean Olympic?
Olympic Pool Measurements and Dimensions
Length: 50 m
Width: 25 m
Number of lanes: 8

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 04:26 PM

men always talk in numbers for size smile

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 04:31 PM

Olympic size.... grin

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 04:33 PM

shocked laugh shocked
Posted By: margarita

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 05:23 PM

3. Dive & Fishing guide shop

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 07:54 PM

Just want to know if it will have any "fresh" water in it by a week from Friday

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/13/08 08:46 PM

just a quick up date the "Olympical pool" is half full and we hope to have the pool house built by fri/sat-we start building the wooden deck,and fencefor privacy, which will surround the pool on tues wed with the grand opening a week after -
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 12:33 AM

smile smile smile

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 12:42 AM

I had no idea Olympical was kidney-shaped! grin

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 12:43 AM

see you learn something new everyday

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 12:45 AM

oh, I ALWAYS learn something when I hang out with you! smirk
Posted By: Rykat

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 03:34 AM

did he mean Oylimpical? grin
Posted By: azbob

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 03:39 AM

I'm not going to say it! Pedro will never let me ring the bell!!!:-)

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 07:01 AM

Dunno, ry - in view of your interest did you want I should ask him for ya? wink

azbob, I guarantee you no matter what you say Peter will let you ring that bell just as often as you want!
Posted By: Aviator

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/14/08 11:32 PM

Hey

I now know why the word olymical was used. That aint a word and that aint a pool!

It’s a friggin hot tub!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 01:01 PM

I went to TG's blog & it looks like it may be elliptical, but I'm not known for being too smart. I have LMAO reading this thread. I have started a squares bet here for how many times I fall off a bar stool or pass out in a chair. Can't wait to meet you guys in person, well some of you anyway.:>) By the way Pedro, if you put walls around it and put an old Sears catalogue in it we'd called it an outhouse. Don't be hating, I am just joining in the fun. Please, please let me ring the bell. Oh that's right, you don't really know who I am, do you? Hmmm. 36 sleeps.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 03:44 PM

I stayed at the W hotel on Times Square in New York City. Although it is classed as a hotel it featured a spa, fitness centre, bar, restaurant, room service, night club and a "W" button on the phone - whatever, whenever, wherever. Can't remember if it had a pool - I don't think so. There were robes, and chocolates on the pillows - plasma tv, dvd player etc. etc. Is that a resort?

My parents stayed in a resort hotel last week in Florida. I know it was a resort because it charged an additional "resort fee" to cover the free bikes, kayaks etc.

The resort I stayed at had all amenities - no resort fee, but there was a fee for bikes, kayaks, boats etc.

Do you really think this is a thread precluding the opening of the new Rainbow Resort, or the grand opening of the Olympical pool at Pedros???

Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 04:17 PM

If I swim in it does that make me an Olympicalian? Can I win a medical? Laughing MAO, you guys have a great sense of humor.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 05:09 PM

Amanda, Does W = Wyndam ?

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 05:21 PM

LOL @ 2aggies wink
Posted By: klcman

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 06:14 PM

Geez, E! I Woulda thunk a man of you Worldliness Woulda be Wise enuff to knoW the dfference!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 06:18 PM

Well, I dont.

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 06:41 PM

Well, a World of difference. Why don't you meet me in NYC and I'll let you buy so you can experience first hand.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 08:53 PM

Hey Ernieb (immissing) it's the W.

There are quite a few around the world and the number of hotels is expanding constantly. Part of the Starwood Group.

I don't know if I will ever be able to get Cal through a door of a W ever again - but it was a fun experience for me. Of course being right on Times Square, in a skyscraper, looking at the lights etc. is pretty thrilling.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=97502

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 09:06 PM

OK, I havent been to NY since I retired and hotels change names/ownership overnight.

ernieB

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 11:10 PM

The last time E was there, Times Square was still a redlight district full of peep shows, strip joints and hookers - long before it turned into Disneyland North!

Re: What is a resort and or hotel - 08/22/08 11:18 PM

NOT ! I was last there in the spring of 2000, Times Square was cleaned up long before that, no hookers, (well not like it was) sidewalks clean, no winos ect. Been going there since the late '60s.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board