AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: captjeff tackle box is back !!! - 08/19/08 09:42 PM
Myself and taco,girl ,no taco boy he has to make a living today so he missed the lunch And my good friend ,buddy fishing sanpedro.com steve just wolfed down a huge half pound chesseburger ,with all the fixings ,freakin great ,done to perfection ,super fries .Well the tackel box is back.nice job rebecca.It you have a hankering for a big burger ,run to this place wash it down with a cold beer and you are living the dream ..watch for my fishing and food report when I return lots of good suff happening here..
Posted By: Cybercayecaulker.com Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/19/08 10:48 PM
Yummy!
Posted By: tacogirl Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/19/08 11:15 PM
I had the wings (mild) and fries which were crispy like they should be. YUM

Thanks for a great afternoon Capt Jeff.
Posted By: shuffles Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/19/08 11:17 PM
Best chicken quesadillas in San Pedro.....I've tried them all trying to find some better!
Posted By: Ozzie Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 12:27 AM
I agree. Stayed in San Pedro for 6 weeks in Feb. and March. The Tackle Box was one of my favorite places to eat, or just hangout and have a beer.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 09:07 AM
...cheese burger, cheese burger, cheese burger
Posted By: papashine Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 02:14 PM
cheezus Bill don't you ever sleep!!!
Posted By: elbert Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 02:35 PM
I'm with Bill on the Cheese Burger , I really missed it. I wonder if they still have Miss February serving them.
Posted By: shuffles Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 02:42 PM
which Miss February? Hmmmm Rebecca?
Posted By: elbert Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 03:12 PM
I only knew her by her calender assignment smile
Posted By: PSUhorty Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by shuffles
which Miss February? Hmmmm Rebecca?

That would suffice.

No offense, of course, Rebecca.
Posted By: jaz25 Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 05:10 PM
Elbert,

Her name is Crystal Foreman.
Posted By: Caye Connect Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 05:14 PM
Somehow, someway - bring back the Cubano sandwich - hire Chap for the day. I miss it soooo much.
Posted By: shuffles Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 05:23 PM
He would have a long commute!
Posted By: elbert Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/20/08 08:58 PM
So many calenders and so many months I can't keep all the names strait, but a good Cheese Burger.
Posted By: Dan Carey Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/25/08 04:59 AM
captjeff,
so you like the burgers. What about the rest of the menu? The service? The prices?

Dan

Posted By: captjeff Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/28/08 07:57 PM
Dan great home made fresh breaded chichen wings with nice side of ranch sauce very good . The best bet was huge half lb. , 4 slices of bacon , cheddar chesse burger ,served with big toasted bun with cole slaw ,tomato ,lettuce, fried onion .a generous portion of yummy fries ,a side of pickles is around 20 belize and two ladies can share it .Or one guy who likes big fresh made not frozen juicy burgers .I vote them as one of the best in sanperdro .Service was vey good as this is a bar with only ten things on the menu But I only had the big hamburger and home made fried wings ...The other dishes looked good..But I think a chesseburger competition is in order ,as banana beach ,has a great one also .lets have a burger cook off???
Posted By: tacogirl Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/28/08 08:03 PM
great chicken wings Dan - think they may be just under $20 with a side of fries.
Posted By: Dan Carey Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/29/08 03:45 AM
BZ$20 for a burger? That's more than they gouge you for at the ballpark.
Posted By: colomojo Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/29/08 03:54 AM
For a burger like that it is only $10 USD and that is close to what you'd pay at a restaurant here especially if you go to Red Robin. That sounds YUMMY!
Posted By: azbob Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/29/08 04:46 AM
M, it is for sure good! Had them twice when I was in SP!
Posted By: captjeff Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/29/08 06:09 PM
THINK $10 us Is high ????? for a half lb bacon,cheddar chesse burger ,with all the trimmings, side of cole slaw/pickels and and a huge order fries that is a very good price for that size burger,plus 4 slices of great smokey bacon and 3 slices yummy cheddar .If you go to a nice bar or pub in the states you pay more plus no view of the reef and ocean . Now if you eat at KFC WINGS .OR MaC DONANALDS [grease ] BUGRER IT MAY BE CHEAPER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME...
Posted By: colomojo Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/29/08 06:44 PM
It is lunch time and that burger sounds so YUMMY! Do they deliver to Colorado? Just kidding although that may have to be one of the first stops next time I am there.
Posted By: carbunkletrumpet Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/29/08 06:45 PM
CaptJeff - and don't forget where you happen to be sitting while you are eating that half pound of love!

Sadly the only time I was going to eat a meal there they were out of Butane, the next time I 'drank' my meal there!
BrussleSp runs a great place and Josh is tops behind the bar!
Posted By: tacogirl Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/30/08 03:43 PM
$20 bze for a burger - that reminds me of the $5 shake scene in pulp fiction.

I was with Jeff and Steve when they ate the burgers that afternoon and can say definitly worth the price.
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: tackle box is back !!! - 08/31/08 06:51 AM
You'd better get here quick. Tacklebox employees (and Jim from the Liquor Box) are wasting away.

We are having a weight loss competition...6 weeks, $1000 prize...all the weights are posted on the wall at the bar.

Motivation thru humiliation.
Posted By: Dan Carey Re: tackle box is back !!! - 09/08/08 07:29 PM
BrusselSprout,
I'll try a burger in a couple of weeks. See you on the 20th, more or less.

Motivation through humiliation? You sound like one of my ex-bosses.

Dan

Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: tackle box is back !!! - 09/09/08 06:49 PM
Ha. Exactly...scary. But it seems to be working...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board