AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Teach XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 01:38 AM
Does XM satellite radio work on AC?
Posted By: ExOkie Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 01:46 AM
Yep. Charlie keeps it on at Estel's all the time.
Posted By: shuffles Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 02:57 AM
We tried XM but couldnt get a good signal. We now use Sirrius, and I think Charles uses it too, but could be wrong.....we still have a oouple hours a day when it fades in and out, but the other option being three radio stations... it's fantastic!!!

Posted By: scubawalk Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 03:13 AM
We have used XM for three years. You need a line of sight slightly to the South. If you try to put it on the wrong side of your building you won't "see" the satellite. XM and Sirius merged recently and their packages of channels may change.
Posted By: shuffles Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 03:19 AM
wow didnt know that....we have ours facing south now but there are a couple of buildings south of us.....thanks for the update
Posted By: Inplub Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 10:13 AM
We had XM for 4 yeras at Tastes of Thailand, only lost a few channels now and again. Rest of the time worked great, but no buildings south of us. Charles has Sirrius, he did have XM to start with. We left the island a year ago.
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 02:03 PM
I've carried XM (in my car) all over mainland Belize, from Corozal to Sarteneja to Benque to PG and points in between and am sorry to report I rarely was able to get a decent signal. Sirius seems to have a better signal. Never tried either in San Pedro, though.

How this all will change when the Sirius/XM merger is consummated, I don't know. Not sure if they will combine satellites or just use one set or the other.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: natalie p Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 02:18 PM
I have 2 Sirius radios in San Pedro and get fabulous reception at all times of the day, even very cloudy weather.
The antenna is facing north.
Posted By: BKool Re: XM satellite radio - 08/20/08 05:45 PM
Agree!
We have 1 at Reef Village Bar, works perfect our is point to the south.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board