AmbergrisCaye.com Home

closest beer to Xanadu

Posted By: MelissaAK

closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 02:52 AM

That question is from my husband and his way of asking how far he has to walk from the pool to get a drink at a bar. Maybe he'll walk off some of the belly instead of adding to it on this vacation since there isn't a bar on site!
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 02:56 AM

New beach bar next door at Caribbean Villas . .the Catamaran!!
A little farther north to Crazy Canuck's at Exotic Caye . . one of the best joints on the island!!
Posted By: H20dog

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:06 AM

There's a nice bar at Coconut's too....just south of Exotic Caye by Woody's pier...best pina colada on the island!

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:09 AM

you're right, H2O . .and Margie is one of our fave bartenders!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:10 AM

and she also makes a mean Dirty Banana, in addition to being a kickass domino player

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:12 AM

klc, i learned about her domino prowess the hard way!!
Posted By: H20dog

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:31 AM

Elva's sister!....it runs in the family!!

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:37 AM

And don't roll dice with Elva, either!! She will smile as you contribute heavily to her retirement fund!!
Posted By: klcman

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 03:50 AM

Heaven help us if they ever work the same place with back-to-back shifts!
Posted By: JeanH

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 02:10 PM

When I was on Ambergris in May/June it looked like there was a small bar at Xanadu. I was only by there early in the morning, so it was never open. It looked like a self-contained unit, maybe it was just out for a wedding or some such thing. Anyone know?
Posted By: ragman

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 02:39 PM

If they have a small bar now it is new. I stayed there for a few weeks the last few Januarys, no bar on site. However, just say yes to Stacy or Martin when they ask if you would like a case of beer delivered to your unit and it will magically appear the next day. Have fun and do visit all the nearby watering holes.
Posted By: chunkyruth

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/24/08 04:41 PM

Hey Jean! What you saw was Xanadu's new "outdoor kitchen" they built for their guests to use when grilling on the beach. Nice little amenity for the resort guests. If others want a peek, see the pix I posted in the photo forum.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/25/08 01:23 AM

Hey Ruth, Still looks like a bar to me....But, like I said, I was either by very early in the morning, or it was pouring rain, so no one was ever there.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/25/08 02:50 AM

Not a bar, just for the guests. They have applied for a liquor license but no bar yet.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/25/08 03:47 PM

Caribbean Villas has a lovely beach bar. It is just a short stroll away.
Posted By: MalibuStace

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/29/08 05:28 PM

The closest beer to the pool at Xanadu is now at Xanadu! You need only walk a few steps to the activity center. Xanadu now has a Beer license and sells cold beers, sodas and waters as an added convenience for the guests. The little palapa on the beach is a BBQ station just for the guests to cook up their catch of the day!
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: closest beer to Xanadu - 08/29/08 07:29 PM

Stacey - Now that you've let the cat out of the bag, we'll have all kinds of riff raff hanging out by the pool. Wait a minute, I am riff raff! Cool, now I'll have some compadres to hang out with. See ya soon. Glad to hear you will have a cold one waiting for me.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board