AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Belize adventure 2009

Posted By: colomojo

Belize adventure 2009 - 08/28/08 02:43 AM

I am looking for suggestions on what a couple should do if they had a month for explore Belize. We are looking at doing the mainland for 7-10 days, Caye Caulker for 4-7 days and then San Pedro of course for the remaining 2 weeks. We are only beginning to explore our options. I think this would be a SUPER COOL adventure and really hope we can pull this off.
Posted By: Uncle Buck

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 08/28/08 02:53 AM

After you arrive in Belize City I'd take a bus out to Cayo District, San Ignacio for 5 days. Then either rent a car(nice drive through Hummingbird Highway) or bus it to Placencia for another 5 days. After that you can fly/bus to Belize City and go out to the Cayes from there. Spend 4-7 days in CC and your 14 days in San Pedro.

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 08/28/08 03:26 AM

Is there anything in particular we should do or see while in Cayo, Plancencia and San Ignacio? I'd like to do the zip line and cave tubing while on the mainland, when we have been in San Pedro we didn't want to leave the island for that so I think that would be the prime time to take advantage of those activities.
Posted By: azbob

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 08/28/08 04:23 AM

M, you be careful on those zip lines!!!!!!!!!!1

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 08/28/08 05:42 AM

Thanks AZB - at the rate I'm going... laugh
Posted By: BrusselSprout

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/01/08 05:18 AM

4-7 days in Caye Caulker seems aggressive...I would do 3 at most. It's a fantastic island, just very very very small. Definitely Cayo for 4-5 days, you might want to go to Punta Gorda...or down south a bit. You'll love it.

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/01/08 05:50 AM

We spent a few short hours on Caye Caulker so we thought it might be worth checking out for a few days, sounds like time is better spent on Mainland for more days then CC for a few, then still be able to spend our last 2 weeks in SP. Neither time we were in SP for a week was enough so that is a given.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/01/08 10:50 PM

just got back from the island...too tired to write. here are some mainland pics from last yr. maybe give you some idea about what to do in cayo.

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/belize_mainland_07
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/01/08 11:36 PM

Great photos - seen them before but your pics are worth looking at again sj

Was nice seeing you and Bruce and meeting the boys. tacoboy says thanks for the dunhills. smile

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/02/08 12:52 AM

smile thanks. back-atcha!
Posted By: Island Life

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/02/08 02:09 AM

Tim and I visited G. Parrot and Deploys and 5 sisters also,cool pics. I don't know what I miss more the beach the roaring Falls or the forest along the river at Deploys.Each one is family run and are so unique from one another. So much to do so little time. (note to self take more pictures) Look us up next time your on island.
Tina

Re: Belize adventure 2009 - 09/02/08 07:36 PM

hey tina! we just left - maybe next time. i was also the one who sent the check to tim's mom (he'll know what i mean).

every few years i have to get back to cayo - something there calls to me. the sounds, the smells, the morning mist...
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board