AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: reaper "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/20/08 09:20 PM
I can't believe it's only five months until the fifth annual skydive event on Ambergris Caye.

The official dates are February 14-23, 2009.

We will be based at the SunBreeze Hotel as usual.
Tandem jumps and video will be available.

Come join over 100 skydivers from around the world, and many of the AC.com message board folks for the best 10 day party of the year!

www.skydivebelize.com
Belize 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjnkFeYDj3A
Skydiving Belize:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfEGg5QtNW4
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/20/08 10:38 PM
reaper madness strikes again! Can't wait!!
Posted By: scubawalk Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/21/08 12:29 AM
Reaper was kind enough to donate a tandem jump with video to Holy Cross Anglican School as a fund raiser. $ 335 US value

Anyone interested, please post a bid. Highest bid by Noon (Belize Time) on September 27 wins.

Reaper, thanks for your support.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/21/08 12:48 AM
That value is highly understated scubawalk. Reaper's team is a class act and offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Those concerned about this type of activity negating their travel insurance can buy a rider for "extreme sports." Mine was $5 from TravelGuard and specifically covers this activity.
Posted By: scubawalk Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/21/08 04:37 AM
That is the value given on the certificate. 100% of the sale price goes directly to the school. Let the fun begin.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 02:18 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I will be posting the official "party night" list when I return from the November trip.

I can confirm another free One Barrel night. What a great sponsor! Stay tuned!

And here is the deal with the donated tandem for Holy Cross.
I know for a FACT that many message boarders are coming down with us in February to hang out and make a tandem. So start the bidding!

IF THE BID TOPS $300 I WILL GIVE 2 TANDEMS WITH VIDEO!!
In the words of my good skydiver pal SPURS....
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!
Posted By: scubawalk Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 02:30 AM
Thank you reaper!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 07:39 AM
Are we supposed to post bids on this thread?
Posted By: scubawalk Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 01:58 PM
Open bidding on this thread on the message board.
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 02:48 PM
$325
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 07:19 PM
We may have a winner!
Do I hear $350, $350, $350 ( in my best auction voice)!
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/22/08 07:39 PM
is it Saturday yet???????
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 06:14 AM
Saturday, NOON, BZE time, don't count us out yet!
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 06:17 AM
OH WELL, LET'S KEEP IT INTERESING UNTIL THEN --- $355
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 03:44 PM
I'll tell you up front that I'm not going to turn this bidding into an Ebay style bidding process where everyone waits until 30 seconds before the auction end time to bid.

I'm not going to spend my rare Sat. off in front of this computer screen.

Suggestion for REAPER. Why not offer 2 tandoms with video to all bidders above $300 (or some other set price) or a set # of bidders rather than just one winner. The school will get a lot more $ that way.

I realize you can't "give" away too many jumps as I'm sure the fuel alone is costly.
Posted By: suecate Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 03:54 PM
We will be there 13th -22nd of february I am very excited knowing this is going on. The kids will love it!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 04:14 PM
WOOHOOO Windjammer, my love!!!!

Belizeinus, I also donate tandems for other island causes. But I will offer two additional tandems/video to you if you match the highest bidder.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 04:32 PM
I will buy two for 300usd and you can keep the money-is that ok
-as I am feeling generous I need the answer now or I will forget about it and become scrooge like again
Posted By: sweetjane Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 04:40 PM
pedro, you old softee! wink
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 05:07 PM
"Belizeinus, I also donate tandems for other island causes. But I will offer two additional tandems/video to you if you match the highest bidder."

Done!

Thomas Blackledge
601-849-1918 work M-F 8-5 central time
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 06:35 PM
If I buy one, can we FORCE Pedro1 to be the other jumper?
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 06:37 PM
Who wants to pack his parachute for him?
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 06:50 PM
Umm........the answer to that lies in a different thread wink
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 08:43 PM
If what Pedro1 just posted about Saphire Resort is true then a few buyers will want to purchase some parachuteless jumps for those "developers".

He won that spitting contest big time!
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 08:52 PM
lets face it pedro is a genius
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/23/08 11:50 PM
So as it stands now my good pal Windjammer has 2 tandems with video for $355usd and Dr. BnUs has 2 tandems with video for $355usd. A nice $710 donation to Holy Cross! Thanks you guys!

pedro is no genius, but good at spitting contests!!!!
Posted By: travelqueen Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 04:35 AM
Ah, this is great! I wish I weren't such a scaredy cat!! frown
Posted By: pugwash Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 05:17 AM
If you can find a heavy duty harness $375?

Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 05:47 AM
Pug, you are IN! (or OUT the door!)
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 02:57 PM
Well, what about me ?
Posted By: pugwash Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 03:15 PM
Well I only have $50, but I'm relying on a Gov Handout for the rest smile
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 04:09 PM
Well you bid, so I expect a check to Holy Cross for $375. You and Ernie can hold hands in the plane if you get skeered!
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/26/08 04:17 PM
Looks like the school needs more help now than ever!

On Wednesday, Francis Wilson of Holy Cross Anglican School spoke publicly of a letter addressed to her from Marlene Leslie, General Manager of Anglican Schools. The letter sent shock waves throughout the island, especially to the board of directors of Holy Cross and parents of students that attend the institution. "The authorities are concerned [�] with the physical condition being as it is around the school. They are concerned about the health factor. Believe me it is a time bomb. They are seriously talking about closing the school or re-locating it to the old medical facility after re-furbishing," stated the letter. Holy Cross Anglican School rests on eight acres of swamp land donated to the Anglican Diocese by the Government of Belize in 2006 and lies in the San Mateo Subdivision.

Investigations have revealed that on July 5th, 2008, three-year-old Zoila Ack was at home in the San Mateo Area when she accidentally fell into the lagoon that surrounds her house. A previous wound to her foot became infected and after seeking emergency care at Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital, Ack died while returning to San Pedro.

On July 18th, 2008, water samples of the lagoon were tested and Thomas Flowers, San Pedro Public Health Inspector, wrote: "After vigorous testing of water samples taken from the San Mateo Area [�] it has come to the attention [�] that the ground water (lagoon) in that area is heavily contaminated. The water analyst on staff has pointed out that the contaminants are mostly fecal contamination indicating fecal waste pollution in that area. [�] It was noticed that there were no proper sewer systems in place [�]. Those who had primitive septic systems still run the risk of contaminants because of the high water table in San Mateo. [�] My recommendation would be to lobby either the Government of Belize (local or otherwise) or an NGO for help in this area." A water sample was taken from the Holy Cross Kitchen Area and the results showed that the treated school water was not contaminated.

An interview with Mayor Elsa Paz revealed that San Mateo is not only lacking a proper sewage system but it does not have the proper roads or infrastructure needed to put one in place. Road construction and infrastructure do not lie within the San Pedro Town Council's jurisdiction (road maintenance does). As such, the Mayor, along with Minister of Tourism Manuel Heredia began lobbying Central Government for assistance for the residents of San Mateo. An initial walk through was conducted at the Subdivision and included a visit to Holy Cross.

A follow up meeting was held at the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) conference room and included the presence of the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO), Belize Water Services Limited, Ministries of Education, Health and Works, as well as Marlene Leslie of the Anglican Diocese.

Since the school is in the San Mateo Area it is strongly believed that the school should be temporarily moved to prevent a health hazard to its students and faculty. According to Wilson, the water used at the school is treated and the grounds have been worked on to be filled. "The issue that needs dire assistance is San Mateo. Our school provides a safe haven for our students. Many of our students come from the subdivision, and, at least, while they are in school, are in a clean and dry environment, well fed, educated, provided with dental and medical care and tons of love," Wilson explained.

Honorable Manuel Heredia Jr. stated that the matter has been presented to Cabinet and it is government's strong stand that Holy Cross will remain open. Solutions to address the health hazards, as well as the living conditions of San Mateo residents are being discussed as of press time.

Six calls placed to Marlene Leslie were unreturned and The San Pedro Sun was told she was unavailable for comment. Calls placed to both George Lovell of NEMO, who was present at the meeting, and Minister of Education Patrick Faber were both fruitless, as well.

Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:19 AM
So Pug, was $375 a serious bid? Who are you jumping with for your 2 for one deal?
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 06:11 PM
$400, won't be here at 12 noon Belize time. Off to get a haircut smile Bye
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 06:20 PM
So the bids are a 2 for 1 deal? One price, 2 people jump?
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 06:43 PM
Ernie tells me it is 2 for 1 so I will bid $425....
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 06:51 PM
Woohooo!!!!!!! Dita bids $425!!!!!!! Do I hear $450? $450 going once...
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:08 PM
SELL IT !
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:16 PM
OK kids! Thanks for the generous bids.

DITA, $425 to Holy Cross! Thanks and I'll see you and Rambo in the plane!

Windjammer, I'm feeling especially giving today and know it will be your birthday in February...so...$400 and you have 2 jumps also!!!! And yes, we will sing to you again!

Belize in US, You stepped up and bid, so match either of the girls bids and you are in also!

All bidders will get video and stills with their jumps!

I'll see you guys in freefall over the reef...WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:22 PM
WHOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
Posted By: gailtor Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:24 PM
Way to go Reaper, you da man!!!

Congrats to ALL the winners. I will be there cheering them on.
Gail cool
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:27 PM
OK Gail, have drinks waiting!!!!
Posted By: gailtor Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:36 PM
But, of course! grin
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/27/08 07:40 PM
And to the winning bidders. Please just show up with a check or cash in hand for the school in February! THANKS!
Posted By: pugwash Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/28/08 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by reaper
So Pug, was $375 a serious bid? Who are you jumping with for your 2 for one deal?

It was to have been Mrs Pug....why are you closing the bidding?

We've been out doing a charity bike ride, and just got back home frown
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/28/08 02:27 AM
Bids just reopened! You are in!
Somebody is gonna have to buy me drinks in February! I'm giving away the farm!
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/28/08 03:22 AM
Just don't Buy the farm.. smile
Posted By: tacogirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/28/08 03:59 AM
Cheers Reaper
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 12:10 AM
Our deal was I match high bid so I'll honor that.

When and where do I send the money?

I'd like to schedule for the second weekend, Sat AM.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 12:36 AM
Bring the $$$ in February. I'll see you at the SunBreeze Hotel. THANKS!
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 12:56 AM
O.K. but I do need more info.

Your real name, info on your jump school, info on your experience, local phone #, day/time to meet, where in the hotel?, lesson before jump? ect., ect.

I've always wanted to jump but my wife forbids it. I convinced her to allow me to jump because it was for charity but in reality I think she realized she couldn't hold me off much longer. Our original agreement was that I would wait until our boys were grown but now we have a newborn (5 months) and I'll be too dang old by the time she's grown.

My bestfriend (plastic surgeon) also has always wanted to jump and claims he's coming with me but I'm not sure he'll follow through.

I will likely fly in Fri Am and leave Sun AM.

Thanks,
Thomas Blackledge
601-849-1918 work M-F 8-5 central time
[email protected]
Posted By: gailtor Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 01:34 AM
Thomas, go back to the top of this post. Reaper, has his website link in the first posting.
Rich can, of course, answer all your questions but most of the info is on the website. You won't have any trouble finding him. smile
Gail cool
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:01 AM
Thomas -- didn't know Rich before my Belize travels. You have good questions to be sure and they are wise to ask, but don't worry -- Rich is one class act!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:14 AM
Yes Otter, I have to agree! Rich is a class act. I was nervous about jumping this past Feb., but after I went, I wanted to go again! I trust this guy w/ my life! And I'm glad I did! I will jump again this next Feb. providing I can get away from work! Go, Jump and enjoy!!
Posted By: H20dog Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:15 AM
I don't think reaper needs testimonials!
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:27 AM
Reaper may not need them but I sure want to see them.

Anyone else with actual first time jumper experience with Reaper please do chime in.

I guess anyone who had a bad first time expeience aren't able to respond are they?
Posted By: H20dog Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:29 AM
Buy some insurance.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:31 AM
I put cindy and walter as first time jumpers-give me a day and I will put it on video on my web site -foe an american he is brilliant-he has world champions in his team-well he did last year-there is never a problem with jumping tandem the guys are just too good
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 02:31 AM
Got it. It's way over 3 years old now so they must pay even for this "excluded" activity.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 03:14 AM
Belize-N-Us,
You ask a very valid question regarding my skydive operation during "Boogie in Belize".

I bring a jump plane (Twin Otter, for 2 engine safety) from Skydive Perris in California. I have 3 jump pilots and 2 maintenance staff fly down with it. Skydive aviation is very specialized and you need highly experienced staff to run the aircraft.

My tandem instructors are the best in the world, period. They all have from 7,000+ jumps to 20,000+. They train the Canadian military and the US Navy SEALS.

We have done 389 tandems over four years with one incident. My very dear friend Amanda Syme broke her ankle on landing.

We have done almost 5,000 jumps total. One experienced jumper died from not deploying either of his parachutes. We also have had two experienced jumpers run into the power lines. All three incidents were very stupid mistakes that could have been easily avoided.

I have said this many times over. "Skydiving isn't lawn bowling".
Anytime you step out of a flying airplane you are at a risk. I can assure you that we do everything in our power to take great care of EVERYONE.

My wife has done a tandem with my staff. I would let my children go with them. They're only 10 and 3. I would be dead from the beating mrs. reaper would give me but you get the idea!

You can reach me through www.skydivebelize.com for any questions you may have. I have just over 4,000 skydives.

We follow all USPA and FAA safety rules. Belize Civil Aviation authorities also inspect and approve our operation each year. We are also approved by the BTB.

Anyone that has been in the landing area also sees me insuring all landings are done safely. We also have a safety boat with medical gear on board if needed. We co-ordinate with Dr. Dan/Tina in case of an emergency. Our medical system/transport is the best in Belize for 10 days.

We always have the greatest time jumping over San Pedro, but safety is our #1 priority ALWAYS. I don't put up with anyone that doesn't follow the rules.

And to everyone that has jumped with us in the past, THANK YOU! Most of you know I love to share the thrill of skydiving and enjoy it so much to come out and fly with you. ACMB folks that have jumped;
Amanda Syme
Divingcowgirl
Otter
SimonB
Dita
KathyA
Windjammer
and I'm sure I'm forgetting about 10 more!

Posted By: Peter Jones Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by Pedro1
for an American he is brilliant

I love it!! Have no fears about Reaper's (Richard Grimm's) operation. I haven't jumped with it myself, but only because I've done too many jumps in my time to want to do a tandem, and Richard is too fussy about safety to let someone who isn't "current" jump at his boogie. I have friends who come here every year and jump with him, and I usually end up "hanging around" wishing I WERE current.

Do it - you'll love it.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 05:00 AM
Thanks P2. And when are you getting some gear and getting current?
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 05:17 AM
When I can afford it!
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/29/08 05:20 AM
Originally Posted by reaper
I'm sure I'm forgetting about 10 more!

Two of my erstwhile staff did tandems at the boogie (and I paid for them - that was back in the days when I had money!).
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/30/08 03:12 AM
Thanks to an earlier government bailout -- AIG is still in business and offers the TravelGuard product. If you buy one of their standard policies for your full trip, skydiving is an activity covered for just $5 more.
Posted By: Caye Connect Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/30/08 04:23 AM
Add me to that list. First time was Feb 2006. Rich's equipment, crew and support staff are fantastic. Do it, do it, do it.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/30/08 04:24 AM
Oh Yeah, I knew I was forgetting some board folks! How's the family?????
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/30/08 05:22 AM
Can't forget Walter!!! Man, those dreads blowing in the breeze!!! Great pic!
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/30/08 01:56 PM
I have to chime in here...jumped last year with the group and the instruction I got was right on the money. Everything was explained in complete detail and I had a BALL! That's why I wanted to do it again this year and this time, hubby gets to join me....WHOOOHOOOOO!!!!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 09/30/08 02:08 PM
You people are sick !
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:23 AM
That's what my dr. keeps telling me, but what a group to be sick with!! WHHHOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! YEAH REAPER!
laugh
Posted By: Nova Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:26 AM
Hey Dita - if you and Rambo can talk hubby into going to Belize again this Feb, I'll make sure we jump with you! grin
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:27 AM
I still know where that Dumb Stupid Trophy is.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:40 AM
Of course you do....and MY hint was a helluva lot closer to the target than yours wink
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:48 AM
I KNOW!!! I KNOW!!!!
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:58 AM
Careful there, DCG! That exuberance may get ya accosted by the Reaper Man, if you really do know.
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 12:58 AM
wink Naw, he knows I just joking.... was going to say used as a boat anchor...
Posted By: SP Daily Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:00 AM
Nah..look south!
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:20 AM
Hey Nova, we'll see what we can do.....we are starting to get plans going now....sistah, you would love jumping!!!!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:27 AM
Nutts, does that mean you two may not be there in Feb?
Posted By: Nova Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:42 AM
Going to Cuba for Christmas and thinking Turks and Caicos for Feb. Talk to the hubby, E!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:44 AM
OH no ya dont. Im not getting into that!
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:45 AM
TURKS & CAICOS!!!!! WTCBF!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:49 AM
DANG DITA!!!
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:50 AM
WUT!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:52 AM
Try to show a little emotion !
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:54 AM
smile How is that?
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:27 AM
Thank you Reaper honey! We will be throwing a newbie out in Feb, Belikin Jimmy will be joining me. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:36 AM
EXCELLENT!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:43 AM
So here's US in February. Skydiving. Partying. Laughing. Catching up with all of our FRIENDS. Enjoying dinners together. Watching the jumpers from Coco Locos. Telling stories. Laughing some more. Dancing. More skydiving. Meeting new friends. Telling more stories. Drinking more and laughing more.

Here's Mr. and Mrs. Nova. In Turks and Caicos. Looking at the beach. Eating dinner alone. "What a lovely meal honey.", "Yes it was dear". "Nice umbrellas in the drinks too". "Yes dear". "Nice breeze today dear". "yes it is honey". "Look at the sky dear, isn't it lovely?" "Yes, it is".

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ B O R I N G ! ! ! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Have a "nice" time.
Posted By: Windjammer Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:59 AM
Oh well, WIT has to be there in Feb. laugh There are still many lessons to be learned. wink blush
Posted By: Nova Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 10:50 AM
Reaper - you are (funny but) cruel bro! lol Still thinking... frown
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 01:11 PM
and Mr. Nutts sitting around feeling lonely, looking for a diving buddy and wishing his brother was there to share a dive or 2....sad really. frown
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:06 PM
yeah, no dive "buddies" or "jump buddies"... or "drinking buddies" or........ geeze.... how sad frown
Posted By: Islenutt Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:20 PM
And just think... no shoe shopping buddies. frown
Posted By: Chloe Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:25 PM
No (((((((((HUGS)))))))) forty times a day. No one saying to you LYLT U#1 - Priceless!!!!
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 04:32 PM
and worst of all NO Billy Boy to make fun of.
Posted By: Nova Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 10:24 PM
Fine, fine! lol Maybe I'll just book a hotel, buy the tickets and suprise hubby. grin And no Billy Boy to make fun of cause Billy Boy ain't gonna be there - havta save the bugging until June.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 10:28 PM
7 posts and you caved in! I love it!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Islenutt Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 10:30 PM
We're good! wink
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by novascotianuts
grin And no Billy Boy to make fun of cause Billy Boy ain't gonna be there - havta save the bugging until June.

Ya know I'm full of surprises whistle
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 10:36 PM
Must have been the "shoe shopping" remark!!!!!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 11:06 PM
I might show up too. When is the Dinner Partee?
Posted By: Nova Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/01/08 11:21 PM
I know you're full of SUMPIN, Billy! grin
Posted By: Dita Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/02/08 12:16 AM
WHOOHOOO!!!! A family reunion for the brothers!
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/02/08 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by novascotianuts
I know you're full of SUMPIN, Billy! grin

Like I didn't know that was coming!!!!! laugh
Posted By: suecate Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/31/08 02:41 PM
Will you be posting the schedule of the jumps? We loved love to come watch (I cant jump out of a perfectly good plane)We are bringing lots of friends. Reaper - Can you PM me with details, price etc if anyone else would like to jump and the minimum age - my 11 yr old daughter "turtle girl" aspires to be a stunt woman.
Posted By: captjeff Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/31/08 04:07 PM
the capt may jump.....NAYYYYYYYYYYYYY NO FREAKIN WAY.TO MUCH OF A SISSY BOY ..
Posted By: suecate Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/31/08 04:51 PM
you and I can sit and wave to those jumping out.
Posted By: Islenutt Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/31/08 05:11 PM
I'll be sitting there with you guys! We can practice a group wave. Belikin in one hand... wave with the other! smile
Posted By: JeanH Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 10/31/08 07:28 PM
I'm with you guys too. At least for the last few days, I don't arrive until the 20th.....
Posted By: sunandsand Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 01:07 AM
Have we started the "Who's gonna be there then" list? My hubby and I will be there, we'll help wave. Isle, save us a seat?
Posted By: Islenutt Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 02:15 AM
Of course sunandsand! This will be the "Southern Crawl Medic" reunion... What type of hats would you girls like this trip?
wink
I'm not so sure we can get Bill to wear a crown again but we can try! LOL
Posted By: 1BKeeper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 03:37 AM
8 of us will be there and we can hardly wait. Only one of us has jumped in the past...and it will likely remain that way. The rest of us do enjoy watching and waving and wondering, "Why?" !!

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
anonymous...I read it on a tee shirt.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 04:06 AM
1BKeeper, I hope you finally stop by and say hello!
JeanH, looking forward to seeing you guys!
Isle, I want to see you and Sunandsand on the ground with drinks doing the "Wave" when we land!
Posted By: sunandsand Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 02:40 PM
Hey Reaper, I'll be there with a cold adult beverage in hand, wooohoooing you all the way! It will be good to see you all again.
Isle, Bill may reject the boa and crown, but with enuff coaxing (meant as Belikins) we can get him to do almost anything. Especially if Becky helps us.
And, JeanH....what about our hats? I will have to think on that one.....they must be cute, and have sparklies on them.
Posted By: JeanH Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 03:10 PM
Hmm, I have to think about a hat as well. Sparkles sound good, who doesn't love glitter???? And sequins???

Posted By: sunandsand Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 06:13 PM
Yeah, and a visor would be nice, to keep the sun out of our eyes, and maybe pointy little things like a tiara? And, nekid pool boys to fan us with palm leaves? And...well, maybe not the nekid pool boys. Getting a little carried away.
Posted By: Chloe Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 06:23 PM
I must say JeahH and sunandsand are the two best Nurses you will ever have attending to your drinking health needs. smile
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Chloe
I must say JeahH and sunandsand are the two best Nurses you will ever have attending to your drinking health needs. smile

They is pretty good on broken toes too cry laugh
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 07:20 PM
Can they fix broken hearts?
Posted By: sunandsand Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 09:20 PM
E, between the two of us, we can fix broken hearts, splint the crack of dawn, and maybe even ice down a broken toe or two.
Posted By: sunandsand Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 09:20 PM
BiIl, thanks for the kudos... by the way , how IS your toe? all better yet?
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/01/08 09:55 PM
smile just fine Sunandsand. Only took 10 months to grow the nail back laugh. I'll try to be more careful bowling this coming February.
Posted By: suecate Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/02/08 02:37 AM
I will be watching the Queen and praticing to wave like her. Think my tiara will be to much?
Posted By: JeanH Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/02/08 02:42 AM
Hey, Sunandsand, maybe we could wear tiaras like Suecate. That would be fun. And stylish...

Posted By: suecate Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/02/08 02:46 AM
the tackier the better - and a septor gets you more points.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/06/08 02:11 AM
I have 100 copies of this video. I will have them in Belize in February. If you want to know what goes on at "Boogie in Belize", check this very cool video out. John Smith, our chief camera flyer made this. It's a great video of jumping and San Pedro. It captures why we all love to go flying over the reef!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7213577986895800886&hl=en
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/06/08 02:54 AM
nice!!!!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/06/08 03:29 AM
Wingsuit flight North...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4112246323812536819&hl=en
Posted By: Bill Mc Ghee Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 11/06/08 03:44 AM
Excellent!!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/02/08 11:56 PM
Since there is a "Who is down in February" thread going, I thought I would bump this so folks can see what goes on!
There is a very cool video from this year's event three posts back!
See you guys there!
I will be posting the party night schedule soon!!!!!!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 12:03 AM
Reaper, waiting on the best offer ? smile
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 03:47 AM
Reaper, what are boogie numbers looking like?
Posted By: Phil Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 04:24 PM
Good he told me last week.
Posted By: Pedro1 Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 04:52 PM
First three tandem jumpers are Lorie,Christine and Walter all paid up and raring to go
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 07:30 PM
We will be about 100 strong.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 10:18 PM
That's a much better number!
Posted By: Mikeywaz Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 10:56 PM
Awesome video! Scares the sh-- out of me (especially the flapping thighs), but awesome nonetheless.
Posted By: azbob Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/03/08 11:05 PM
Over on "who will be there in February"

Ernie B said
aaaaif someone will donat? e $500 to the cause, I will jump

"Fish Hooks, Dirty Books & BBQ"

My post:
All righty then, let's get it started:
THE ERNIE JUMP FUND:
I'll start it with $50 and we will need video!!
Come on everyone, let's do it!!!!

Didn't want anyone to miss an opportunity to get Ernie to jump!

KLC doesn't need any encouragement. He's going down! SOFTLY WE HOPE

I will be there also. Made reservations this morning!! Borrowing phrase: WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 12/04/08 02:34 AM
Ernie...tee hee..."Operation Dumbo Drop"!!!!!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 05:05 AM
The jump plane is washed, fueled and ready to fly!
It will arrive in SP on the 13th!
See you guys in freefall over the reef!
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!

Tandem jump $225
Video $110
Jumping with my friends over AC-priceless!!!!
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 02:36 PM
Any jumping on the 13th?

And what age limit is there for a tandem?
Lower limit not upper.
Posted By: suecate Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 03:30 PM
do you have a schedule so we can watch
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 05:31 PM
We may get up in the afternoon of the 13th. We jump all day long each day. Coco Loco's Bar is the viewing hangout section!
Posted By: Belize-N-Us Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 06:06 PM
Lower age limit for tandem?

How will I get in touch with you to schedule my tandem?

We arrive 2/11 leave 2/15.

Thanks
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 06:25 PM
We will be at Coco Loco's for sure. It great fun to watch the skydivers fly over you head when your drunk -- it plays with your brain somethin awful.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/14/09 08:29 PM
We are based at the SunBreeze hotel. You can just walk up and we will get you on a jump. Or just stop by and say hello and check out the happenings.
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 01/19/09 11:54 PM
Responses to the tandem jumps are growing. I'm receiving lots of e-mails and PMs. All you need to do to make a leap is show up at the SunBreeze Hotel. If we are busy we will schedule you an appointment to jump. Training takes about 15 minutes. Bring sneakers,shorts and tshirt to jump in.
You can find me at the SunBreeze each day, or in the landing area. We will start jumping on the 14th, however all of my staff won't be in until the 16th. They are competing at Skydive Arizona on the weekend. Tandems will be done depending upon the staffing the first weekend.
I accept Visa/Mastercard, cash and travelers checks.
See you guys in free fall over the reef!
Posted By: reaper Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 02/07/09 12:00 AM
And a reminder to join us at the party nights, wave to us during the day from Coco Locos and just stop in to say hello at the SunBreeze.
I'll see all of you SOON!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: "Boogie in Belize V" - 02/07/09 02:06 AM
Reaper!
Make sure you save me a tandem!! laugh

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board