AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Dead horses

Posted By: shuffles

Dead horses - 11/28/08 02:28 PM

I believe there are several "dead horses" in this forum. I would venture to say that most of us do not approve any form of live animal cruelty. Perhaps we should consider discontinuing to beat, berate, thrash, and whip horses that are already dead.
Posted By: pugwash

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 02:43 PM

Well except of course for "Bush Lied" and "The Supreme Court Stole the Election" both of which have the half life of Uranium 238 (If only one could locate it smile )
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 02:47 PM

How about driftwood horses instead?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3532965/Driftwood-brings-horse-sculptures-to-life.html

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 03:03 PM

Not at all what I was referring to Peter.
Posted By: Danny2

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 03:10 PM

It wouldn't take much to feed those horses.
Posted By: Inplub

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 03:19 PM

Donít the Germans make sausages out of dead horses
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 03:48 PM

Well I would hope so! I would be really upset if they were live!
Posted By: elbert

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 03:50 PM

Several dead horses are beaten by Germans with sausages and the supreme court has ruled it animal cruelty.
I'm following

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 04:24 PM

If the Germans had handed the horses over to a Central European country to be beaten and turned into sausage, would we then have to ask if it was Rendition as opposed to common rendering?
Posted By: Carib

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 08:35 PM

What a bizarre cast of characters ....

I'll make sure to bring my Acme Force Field .... looks like a wise precaution.

Re: Dead horses - 11/28/08 09:28 PM

Of course, the trouble with trying to flog a dead horse is who would want to buy it? Except perhaps the knacker.
Posted By: Dutch

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 02:01 AM

Peter...did you just imply that you may be in the market for a dead horse knacker? I don't know what the knacker is exactly, but it sounds bad for you.

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 03:09 AM

We are now narrowing down the field to those who really speak English, and not those who were taught it in some far corner of the past or present Empire smile

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 03:18 AM

You have it, Pug!

I'll explain (translate) my post if people would like. But let's see some more attempts at understanding it first grin

Tho' Dutch, you may have inferred that, but I did not intend to imply it.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 04:32 AM

Somehow "dead horses couldn't drag me away" doesn't have the same power!!
Posted By: Inplub

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 11:21 AM

All useless horses end up at the knacker's yard.

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 03:25 PM

Seems poor taste to flog a dead horse's knacker...and to think it would be so widespread that you'd need a yard to do it!

And what about sacred cows? Do we treat them the same way as dead horses?

I say dead horses and sacred cow's knacker-flogging is right out!
Posted By: Otteralum

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 04:30 PM

cool. this thread has the same effect as some highly controlled substances -- mind-altering and even hallucinagenic (I swear there was a post after Dutch's just a moment ago). I've found a new use for AC.com!!!!
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 04:45 PM

Did you smoke it or inhale it? Will 1 1/4's be wide enough? I think I am getting the "knack" of this.
Posted By: drummer dan

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 05:51 PM

Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark!!! Sorry.... Just repeating what I heard on the street this morning. I really didn't like the Knack at all, and once nearly got into a fist fight with Bruce Gary in our dressing room. Cheeky sod....

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 05:55 PM

I think I owe Shuffles an apology for inadvertently hijacking her thread! But keep the responses coming. I'm not sure whether people have yet cottoned on to what I was saying.

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 06:05 PM

The more I think about it, the more outraged I become over this apparently rampant trade in dead horse knackers. I'm thinking about collecting some money to bring more attention to this dastardly practice. The flogging must stop!

Shuffles, since you (inadvertantly) brought this practice to light, and since I love my 'Changes in Lattitude' shirt, would you consider a special edition t-shirt? Something like 'Stop the Flogging' or 'Don't touch the Knackers'?

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 07:36 PM

This thread has me thoroughly knackered.

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 09:21 PM

We would help out but have invested heavily to stop...it's a horrible thing to even mention here.... cat juggling.

But that should be another thread. Sorry for the highjack.

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 10:20 PM

2aggies - another excellent cause. I have seen this in Mexico...they take the little kittens and they juggle them for money. My friend Steve was at one time heavily involed in eliminating this repulsive practice. Godspeed my friend!
Posted By: seashell

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 10:36 PM

It's more than time that this thread was knacked over to Chat.

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 11:11 PM

Hey wait a minute, a guy named Steve brought it to my attention. Bet they're the same guy. Good fellow. Made designer glasses. wink
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 11:17 PM

gesz...i didnt figure simon had any,,,,,,knackers
welll....learn some thing new every day

Re: Dead horses - 11/29/08 11:49 PM

WTF???
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Dead horses - 11/30/08 12:25 AM

hey, Simon, I have learned that ignoring morons is a required skill on this board!!
Posted By: sneaky

Re: Dead horses - 11/30/08 12:35 AM

SOMETIMES.....I FIND THAT SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT TO DO
[SURE....IT'S MAINLY WITH THE DEATH THREATS AND SLANDREROUS COMMMENTS....]
BUT WTF....SUCH IS LIFE
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Dead horses - 11/30/08 12:43 AM

Dead horses; sacred cows ... reminds me of a couple of quotes heard around here at one time or another ...

"Dakota tribal wisdom says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount."
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers..."

Originally Posted by pugwash
Well except of course for "Bush Lied" and "The Supreme Court Stole the Election" both of which have the half life of Uranium 238 (If only one could locate it smile )
Don't be ridiculous, pug. Everyone knows the Supreme Court did not steal the election; they gave it away. Good thing too, what with all those WMD's that guy saved us from!! laugh

Seashell, I'm not seeing Sergeant-at-Arms in your employment future. wink

Re: Dead horses - 12/02/08 03:17 AM

Hall monitor, maybe?

Re: Dead horses - 12/02/08 03:47 AM

Ninja Hall Monitor maybe.

Re: Dead horses - 12/03/08 12:25 AM

LOL, I'm like the wind.
Posted By: Leah-Ann

Re: Dead horses - 12/03/08 12:42 AM