AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Cheap Dives

Posted By: Pedro1

Cheap Dives - 12/03/08 10:03 PM

I have as we all have been told by one of the admins (bow scrape grovel to our lord) that diving is getting cheaper due to the lowering of fuel prices-I have not seen any evidence of this and am interested if anyone has lowered their prices -perhaps our admin can answer this as he rents a dive shop

hoping our lord is pleased with the turn of this phrase so it will not get deleted for the third time
Posted By: reaper

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/03/08 10:06 PM

I saw an ad in town for $199usd to the Blue Hole, park fee included. Aqua Dives I think.

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/03/08 10:08 PM

read what www.tripadvisor.com reports on aqua dives but this price has been advertised for the last six months
Posted By: pugwash

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/03/08 10:11 PM

I saw the thread title and thought you were advertising rooms smile
Posted By: azbob

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/03/08 11:06 PM

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/04/08 03:35 AM

A couple of points. Firstly, most dive operators have been struggling with very high costs for some time and were going to have to raise prices, not something any business does lightly in current economic conditions. The reduction in the price of fuel merely allows these operators to catch up a bit with costs. I don't see any widespread reduction in prices as possible or desirable.

Secondly, AquaDives have been much slated in the past and this wasn't wholly undeserved. But they have greatly ramped up their operation in the past year or two and now get as many complaints as most other operators. Read the date written when you read comments, especially on TripAdvisor.
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/04/08 05:16 AM

My 2 cents worth (I know, 4 cents Belize), the dives are NOT overpriced and I am all for the operators making a little more $$. It will allow them to maintain their boats and equipment, plus pay their staff a little better.

@ $75 US for 2 wonderful dives, you are picked up at your pier, ride for a few minutes and see incredible reef. I am not the "world" diver, but have dove in many places and 5 other countries, trust me it is a good deal. Multi-day dive deals are everywhere from what I heard and experienced.

Of course living in Texas, we are in love with Belize. It's close (no lay-overs or stops - Tropic Air doesn't count), it's clear water (the Gulf here is horrible), it's friendly, and the people are happy to have you there.

We paid $75 for a single, less than impressive dive in the Virgins (40', sand bottom, no marine life). Besides if it is too "affordable" everyone will show up and crowd the reef and have an adverse effect on the marine eco-system.

IMHO, of course.

Re: Cheap Dives - 12/04/08 02:36 PM

the point of the post was that Elbert stated,on various posts, that prices were and had come down -my post was to find out if this was/is true or not.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board