AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1

Posted By: Infdaze

Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/24/09 08:30 PM

With the US economy in decline, I've been forced to scale back my accommodations for this year's trip to AC :-(.

I haven't seen the types of deals here that I've been seeing elsewhere, and since I have already booked the Flight, I was wondering who is offering hotel specials?

I'm looking for a two-bed Air Conditioned room for 2 persons, from 3/25/09 to 4/1, budget is $100 or less including taxes.

Would love to hear of any deals. I am checking out this board or i made an email box at belize@lastercorp.com.

Hope to hear from you!

David
Posted By: GwenA

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/24/09 10:14 PM

Play "lets make a deal" with any of the resorts via e-mail or especially by phone. But less than $100 for two bed AC where have you seen that!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/24/09 10:23 PM

Check in with Jason and Mandy who are going to be doing something interesting at Sundiver. Find them at the Mata Grande Grocery site.
Also Conch Shell always has rates under $100.
Just FYI - unlikely that you will need AC at that time of year - the breezes are quite strong then.
Posted By: Banana Beach

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/24/09 11:04 PM

Our "Recession Rates" at Banana Beach start at $100 per night for an air conditioned room, cable TV, two beds per room, private bath with hot water, roundtrip transfers from the San Pedro airstrip or water taxi terminal and breakfast for two included.

http://www.bananabeach.com/rates.html

Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/25/09 01:28 AM

while it isnt for everyone, we've used the Cloisters a few times. they offer a one BR condo with a fold out double sofa. includes small kitchen, pool, & a private beachfront balcony. i believe it goes for $95/nite + taxes. the other side is - it is located just north of the toll bridge (across from Reef Village), so you would either need a golf cart, bike or water taxi - not in town, and there is little other services offered there other than the room.

only the bedroom has AC, but we never needed it except in late August (HOT!), and mostly slept on the fold out as it looks over the reef.

it worked great for us, and the view is killer.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/25/09 05:54 PM

I think the BANANA BEACH deal that time of year for that place is a freakin steal ..NICE WELL RUN PLACE .
Posted By: Nancy1340

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/25/09 07:50 PM

Banana's: It looks like it's too far for my old knees to walk several times a day. Would love to if we didn't have to rent a cart at $$ a day.
Spindrift: Have email into them but no reply yet.
Holiday: Same as Spindrift.
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/25/09 09:21 PM

sundiverbelize.com
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/25/09 09:44 PM

Nancy, Did you see my private message?
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/25/09 11:32 PM

What about changes in latiudes ,a bed and breakfest .very ,very well run ,a great breakfest ,to start the day when you add all the value this might be the place just not sure of the prices as this is always very popular.and only i think ten rooms .So at lest check it out....It is on my living the dream to ten list...
Posted By: Pedro1

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 01:00 AM

pedro's 50usd per night-free kayaks/pool/bar/restaurant/poker room/king bed/aircon/tv/good parking/security on site -fairly close to town/discounts on diving and all trips

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 01:15 AM

I know darlin' but no sea view. I'm old and grumpy. I want what I want how I want it NOW!!

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by JeanH
Nancy, Did you see my private message?

Yes I did, sorry thought I answered. I posted somewhere what a cluster ummmmm well you know, it would be to stay there. At least 5 moves total. We could only stay there for 4 days or so and in the middle of our trip. So we would have to start out somewhere else, move there and while there move at least once, then leave there before our trip is up to stay elswhere.

Posted By: JeanH

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 02:55 AM

Nancy, I'm glad you guys found a room. Looking forward to meeting you.
Posted By: ESusanB

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 04:47 AM

Check out Bella Vista, just north of Grand Caribe. $75 per night. One bedroom with a queen bed futon in the living room that converts to a double bed. Air, TV, full kitchen and Aji, beachfront restaurant and bar.
226-4047
Posted By: RPGAGMJAY

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 07:00 PM

Pedro's is pretty inexpensive. Great Pizza, and a bell! Note: Ring Pedro's bell only at your own risk. =) Possible side effects include:

Memory Loss
Muscle Aches
Loss of Clothing
Somnambulism (Sleep Walking)
Affection from strangers

=)
Heh! Don't say I didn't warn you...

Cheers!
-Jason

Re: Recession Specials? 3/25-4/1 - 01/26/09 09:20 PM

We're staying at Ruby's again. We'll have fun no matter where we stay. I mean, it's just for sleeping and bathing anyway. LOL
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board