AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Developments on AC

Posted By: AvullanA

Developments on AC - 02/12/09 08:33 PM

What are going to be successful developments on the Island. I watched a show called House Hunters and a couple went to the development site that were all white and over a $1million each. And also another couple went to Seascapes, I personaly liked the design of thouse houses. I think SB is going to be a scam. They have only sold maybe 5 units (being generous). It shows what 35 units have sold (bullshit) they are trying to make it look like they have sold more then they really have. With they price that they are selling at they should have more then 1 maybe 2 units built. How do they get away with always changing their designs to the owners.
Posted By: H20dog

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 12:13 AM

What are you trolling for?

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 05:26 PM

I am jut trolling to see who is going to be able to stick to their word. All the developments promise all these things and so on and so forth. I do not want to ruffle any feathers cause that is not how I am. I was looking at the SB website and they show all these SOLD units but only 1 actually built. They are acting just like a construction company here where I live that did the exact samething and they eventually went out of business cause they promised so much to the consumers and gave them nothing. Sorry if I offended anybody on the Island or SB. If they can do what they say, they will be able to make a nice profit. A little bit of a rant as I got ripped off my the company here where I live for almost $75,000. And I do not want to see anybody get ripped off liek I did.
Posted By: deadserious

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 05:30 PM

The developer behind South Beach has a history of delivering on his building promises. So I give it a pretty high odds of being built, at least those that have been sold. Now will he finish the entire development? Depends on how many he sells.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 05:33 PM

Shoudl have said SB (Sapphire Beach). SBB (South Beach Belize) looks pretty cool if he is able to get off the ground. But doesn't the developer have to dredge down @ SBB?
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 08:56 PM

There is one development here where most buyers have been severely ripped off, and "SB" isn't anywhere in its name.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 10:51 PM

There are crooks everywhere, probably no more here than most places. The difference is that here it's often impossible to do anything about it after the event, due to an inadequate legal system. The trick is to be very vigilant up-front.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by AvullanA
Shoudl have said SB (Sapphire Beach). SBB (South Beach Belize) looks pretty cool if he is able to get off the ground.

Oh, all I know about Sapphire Beach is that they apparently misplaced Pedro's Pizza Boat.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/13/09 11:56 PM

How do you misplace a boat on such a small island. Does everybody on the island want SBB. I think it will be just like Miami South Beach. All the hooligans
Posted By: cherylvalentine

Re: Developments on AC - 02/14/09 03:20 AM

I agree with Dead Serious, I purchased a place from the developer at south beach,and he delivered on everything and more that was required of him. I believe him to be a very far and honest MAN, and Developer. And i am not even getting paid to say all of this nice stuff.
Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Developments on AC - 02/14/09 05:00 AM

Cherylvalentine
You've got to be joking!!!
What do you mean "delvered?"

Re: Developments on AC - 02/14/09 07:15 AM

So in other words I guess I should watch what developments are being done on AC. If I want SBB then they would be a good place to purchase. Also noone has responded to my asking Doesn't the developer of SBB have to dredge the area first. When is SBB suppose to be done? I heard about this development on the North end of AC something Mayan I believe. Is this going to be legit?

Re: Developments on AC - 02/14/09 07:24 AM

Is it true that AC is going to be getting a golf course on the westside of the island soon. If so I will surely bring my clubs down when I move down there.
Posted By: papashine

Re: Developments on AC - 02/14/09 01:04 PM

Best bring your wellies if you are going to golf on the west side soon, also give Bear Grylls a call, you will need him to caddy laugh [Linked Image]

Re: Developments on AC - 02/15/09 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Cherylvalentine
You've got to be joking!!!
What do you mean "delvered?"

I think they meant to say that the same developer as SBB delivered on property they purchased from him, though not necessarily at SBB. Probably Reef Village.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Developments on AC - 02/15/09 11:59 AM

LOL pappashine!

AvullanA, have you ever even been to ambergris?? do you have any idea what you are talking about and how far away from each other these places you mention are?

any clue how many nice condos/homes for sale in nice areas already exist?

i suggest you do some homework running searches on this board for the answers you are looking for regarding SB & SBB. all of it has been hashed out here already.
Posted By: Belize-N-Us

Re: Developments on AC - 02/15/09 01:46 PM

Sweet Jane has her claws out a bit this AM.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/15/09 02:09 PM

LOL woke up too early, i guess. had my coffee and back to my mellow self now.

everyone have a nice day! grin
Posted By: R.P. McMurphy

Re: Developments on AC - 02/15/09 11:43 PM

If anybody knows who the rip off is here, why don't you name the developer and what evidence do you have. Also, which is SBB v/s SB? Can anyone clarify? We are looking to buy and want to be sure these developers are legit. Any bad history here??
Posted By: RathaBnBelize

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 03:37 AM

....sounds like the real estate market is picking up in San Pedro wink

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by tropicguy
If anybody knows who the rip off is here, why don't you name the developer and what evidence do you have. Any bad history here??

Another fishing expedition?

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 04:56 AM

I have been to AC once before a few years back. Yeah I know where these 2 projects are. They are at total opposite ends of the Island. I have been doing research about property/land on the island, as when I was there I fell in love with the island and did not want to leave. I am just trying to get peoples opinions on this site to who the reputable companies are that have built/building on the island are.

Sweetjane if you looked at my previous posts I am not trolling to cause shit, I have just been ripped of before and was needing help just like I said in a prevous post.

I was looking at SBB but the agent I dealt with told me that they had to dredge for SBB.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 05:06 AM

You must know by now that 80% of the "boarders" either own businesses on the island, or are regular, repeat visitors.
Whatever "case" you're trying to build........forget it!
Posted By: JZB

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 03:55 PM

South Beach Belize plans to dredge for over 2 million cubic yards of fill. This includes 105 acre patch of sea floor south of Ambergris Caye.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 03:57 PM

But there won't be any effect on Hol Chan. We know that must be true because the developers have said so smile
Posted By: Marj Spellman

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 07:34 PM

The developer for South Beach is the same as the one for Reef Village. Aside from all the issues regarding the location of Reef Village, my understanding is that the pre-construction drawings of Reef Village showed an attractive development. Clearly, something happened between drawing and reality. If you like the drawings of South Beach, beware.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 08:18 PM

That is alot of land to dredge. If you can get South Beach up and running it will be a great hit with tourists. If I offended anybody on this thread I truly appologize and that was not my intention. I am still looking all over the island for the best option for me. How far is Caye Caulker from AC, cause I was looking at Seascapes Villa. I love their concept for the floor plans
Posted By: ron

Re: Developments on AC - 02/16/09 10:16 PM

Caye Caulker is about 8 miles south of Ambergris Caye and about as different a place as you could want from San Pedro. I happen to like CC better and that's why I'm building there. If you're looking at the big condo developments in San Pedro you probably would be disappointed with CC. You should spend much more time in both places to see if either is what you're looking for. Most places turn out much different than what you see on a web site.

Re: Developments on AC - 02/17/09 01:44 AM

AvullanA - i sent you a private message. thanks.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board