AmbergrisCaye.com Home

need wifi location where I can plug in

Posted By: sailfish

need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/16/09 05:09 PM

having battery problems. does anyone know of a cheap or free wifi location where I might be able to plug in my laptop?......thanks vernon
Posted By: Sal777

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/16/09 06:53 PM

I always had good luck with wifi at Estels. A few of the inside tables are close to an outlet (yet you still have sand between your toes). AND . . . they make great smoothies to enjoy while working! (great breakfast all day too)
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/16/09 08:47 PM

I think Island Perk has wifi.
Posted By: TacoBoy

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/16/09 10:47 PM

I'm pretty certain that Perk doesn't have wifi. I believe that sometimes you can pick up the Fido's wifi there however.

Lime does, however, have wifi available and they will definitely let you plug in.
Posted By: jO3Design

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/18/09 01:50 AM

Order a few beers at Pedro's Sports Bar, and you shouldn't have a problem plugging in there.

There's an outlet on the right of the TV, and a table you could sit at.

The SSID for the router is "linksys" and it's a decent speed.

I always go to Pedro's when my internet fails me at home smile

It would also help to know where you are located at! If you're north of the bridge, Coco Loco's has wifi with the SSID of "Rancho Belize" and Linda won't mind at all if you use it. You can sit right at the bar, and she'll plug it in for ya!

Hope this helps!
Posted By: sailfish

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/19/09 06:48 PM

Hey thanks for your replies....pedro's sounds like a plan as I'm not too far from there. I'm not so sure about those GREEN smoothies they serve there.....the last time i was there I nearly fell off my bike going home!
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/19/09 07:15 PM

I'm not sure the internet is working at Pedro's currently. It certainly isn't on the desktop machine that's used for playing music.

Pedro's is an evening bar. Limes is an all-day bar, and as Tacoboy says above has both wifi and mains connections. They also have a computer for customers' use. If you don't know Limes, it's directly opposite the new Tropic Air terminal, directly north of the entrance to Sunbreeze Hotel.
Posted By: jO3Design

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/20/09 04:12 AM

Is the useage of wifi at the lime free?
Posted By: Gela

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/20/09 04:19 AM

I saw several people working away on their laptops earlier this week and last at Estels. That seems to be the place. Inside would probably give you access to AC.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/20/09 04:52 AM

Wifi is free at Limes so long as you buy drinks or food. I'm sure there are details to that, but essentially if you play fair by them they'll play fair by you.

And yes, as well as wifi there is power available at Estelles.
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/20/09 02:37 PM

Both places have great food and have great staff.
Posted By: Beergod

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/23/09 12:43 AM

Coconuts has Free WiFi and plenty of places to plug in.
Posted By: Monel

Re: need wifi location where I can plug in - 02/23/09 02:35 AM

Yep - when our net was unstable or down (like during a morning power outage last week) my wife went there and used it for work and the owner there (Larry) was totally nice. I think she preferred working there instead of home with the breeze and being outdoors especially since it was only a 4 minute walk from home lol
So Im guessing that there are a variety of places all situated close to wherever someone is
(I was even able to pick up a signal on my PSP one day hanging out playing games on Fidos dock from the mayan princess lol)
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board