AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Camera card

Posted By: Beachfeet

Camera card - 02/19/09 04:03 PM

We just arrived in AC! I've enjoyed reading this message board for the past year waiting (impatiently) for this vacation to finally come! I was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to find a camera card in San Pedro? Thank you in advance for your help.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Camera card - 02/19/09 04:16 PM

What type do you need/what camera do you have? You'll find them quite expensive here, especially the larger capacities. I believe Gecko Graphics and CSM2000 do have some, though I don't know which.

I've just brought in a few 2gb SD cards (Sandisk Ultra II) and I can let you have one of those for US$10. In cameras that take SD or MMC cards, which is the majority, only the newer ones that specify SDHC can take larger than 2gb. If you need CF I have a few old low capacity cards that you can have for free, just to make the camera function. If you have an Olympus that takes XD I think you'll be unlucky. In CSM2000 I've recently seen some Memory Sticks for Sony. Can't think of any other formats.

Re: Camera card - 02/19/09 04:58 PM

Thank you so much for the information. I do have s Sony and need a memory stick. Sounds like CSM2000 may be my best option. As I'm new to town, can you tell where to find CSM2000?
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Camera card - 02/19/09 05:14 PM

across Elvi's

Re: Camera card - 02/19/09 05:46 PM

Great! Thanks Peter and Jesse.
Posted By: floristferny

Re: Camera card - 02/26/09 01:23 AM

We were just there in the end of January and the beginning of February and we went to Belicolor behind Island Perk.
The people were super nice and completely helpful. I was in need of a new card or so I thought. I had an sd card, but it filled up fast. They suggested to make me a cd to take home with me and to empty my card. I thought that was really nice of them. They saved me a ton of money and only charged me $10 Belize for the disk and their time. They showed me the disk before they wiped my card clean and I got home and downloaded my pictures.
Not sure if this is helpful to anyone else, but I was thrilled to death with their help. They can print your pictures the same day as well. They have the big machines to print out pictures.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board