AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ernie_P Wedding suggestions on Ambergris Caye - 03/10/09 04:57 PM
Hello all,

We have been to San Pedro several times and we absolutely love it....

Last year I asked this board if anyone had any advice on where to propose in Ambergris and I received an overwhelming response...(winner was Capricorn's - and luckily she said YES!). I set up a table on the beach with Tiki torches and flowers all around and everything was perfect�.

We are now moving on to Stage 2 of this whole relationship thing :-) and we are planning a destination wedding for March of 2010.

We are looking at various places in the Caribbean, but of course we are looking back at Ambergris.

We are considering Ramon's Village (where we stayed last time when I proposed). Does anyone have/know anyone that has had a wedding or other big event there? We will be doing the ceremony on the beach with a reception after on-site. I have started to speak with them directly but wanted to get other input�

If not Ramon's other people have mentioned Victoria House which is very pretty - but doesn't have the charm of Ramon's. We particularly liked the thatched roofing, beautiful beach and island feel of Ramon's. I know there are a lot of places like that on the island, but as I remember it a lot of the other ones didn't have nice beaches because of sea-weed...

All advice is welcomed....

Thanks again to everyone for the great advice...
Posted By: Marty Re: Wedding suggestions on Ambergris Caye - 03/10/09 05:08 PM
I have seen a lot of beautiful weddings at Ramons! the honeymoon or was it presidential suite we stayed in once is RAD. big huge long beachfront view with curtains if you like.

Posted By: Dita Re: Wedding suggestions on Ambergris Caye - 03/10/09 05:15 PM
I would suggest talking to someone on the island who handles lots of weddings at various locations. There is a planner that frequents the board and she could probably give you the most detailed info. Her website is www.IdoBelizeWeddings.com. I would start there.
Posted By: Ernie_P Re: Wedding suggestions on Ambergris Caye - 03/10/09 06:17 PM
Wow - that is perfect! I spoke with the resort and they don't have their own planner and referred me to the resort manager. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it without someone there dedicated to handling it since we are really looking to do something over the top with food, music, fireworks, etc....

Thanks so much...you are giving me hope that we can still do it there. I will follow-up with "IdoBelize..."

Thanks again - exactly what I was going to start looking for!
Ernie, congrats! Sounds like your wife-to-be is quite lucky!

Once when i was in Belize, I witnessed a wedding done by "I Do Belize Weddings" at Ramons and it was really spectacular! They had a live band, dancing, fire spinners and other cool stuff

Good luck to you!
Posted By: ypalled Re: Wedding suggestions on Ambergris Caye - 03/10/09 07:11 PM
I second (third?, fourth?) talking to Keli at idobelizesweddings. She just handled my wedding in January and it was great!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board