AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Coco Beach Resort

Posted By: KristieLove

Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 05:42 AM

Can you tell me anything about Coco Beach Resort? I am having trouble finding reviews on the net.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 10:22 AM

maybe cuz it is brand new.

i have seen it from the water, but not stayed there (i wish!). i only hear very positive things about it.
Posted By: Renee-md

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 01:46 PM

We have friends who bought there. It is fabulous! The units are gorgeous as well as the grounds.
Posted By: JeanH

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 02:10 PM

I stopped there while riding bikes last month. It is a beautiful property. The bar/restaurant weren't open yet, and there was still construction in the back.
Posted By: SimonB

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 04:39 PM

Developed and managed by the people who brought you Belizean Shores.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 05:31 PM

Cool....Their rates seemed very competitive. I will be staying there at the end of May.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/10/09 10:03 PM

Dropped by today and the pool bar is now open.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/11/09 01:04 AM

Good to know Simon. BTW, is there a reasonably priced liquor store on Ambergris Caye?

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/11/09 01:20 AM

Premium Wines on Front Street.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/12/09 10:52 PM

Do you know how far this resort is from the heart of the city?
Posted By: jO3Design

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/12/09 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by KristieLove
Do you know how far this resort is from the heart of the city?
Kristie, it's a healthy bike ride, about 5 or 6 miles to the heart of San Pedro. It's a little less than a mile past Captain Morgan's Retreat.

Belizean Shores has a huge pool with a swim-up bar, and talking to Tanya (the bartender), she says that Coco Beach's pool/bar is much larger. She works at both locations, and although I haven't checked out Coco Beach yet, that's on my list of stops to spend a day at their pool. I'll let you know my findings smile

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/13/09 04:26 AM

Thanks for all the info. Some other questions, what are the average prices for the following activities:

Snorkeling
Cave tubing
Mayan Ruins
Rainforest tour
Posted By: Short

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/13/09 04:56 AM

I am sorry to have to contradict you, jO3Design, but Coco Beach is between Captain Morgan's and Belizean shores; Captain Morgan's is about 3 miles and Belizean Shores is less than 3.5 miles north from the center of San Pedro, so my guess would be three and a quarter mile - see this useful page that Marty made (scroll down for the exact mileage from Central Park): //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
Originally Posted by jO3Design
Kristie, it's a healthy bike ride, about 5 or 6 miles to the heart of San Pedro. It's a little less than a mile past Captain Morgan's Retreat.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/14/09 03:04 AM

If any of you go by there, can you see if they have wifi. The information that they sent me said they don't have it yet.. However, the reservations staff says that they do and that the file they sent me is outdated. I need to know. Also, do some of the restaurants around there have free wifi?
Posted By: Caye Connect

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/14/09 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by KristieLove
If any of you go by there, can you see if they have wifi. The information that they sent me said they don't have it yet.. However, the reservations staff says that they do and that the file they sent me is outdated. I need to know. Also, do some of the restaurants around there have free wifi?

They have in-room wired internet and phones. Wifi is coming soon.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 04/14/09 12:41 PM

Hi Kristie-
Prices for all the tours you mention are found, along with lots more ideas, on the web - google the subjects and they will appear.
Better to get it from the tour operators who have the current info.
BonVoyage and have a WONDERFUL stay at Coco Beach.
Posted By: champion

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/01/10 09:51 PM

3.7569 miles north
Posted By: tacogirl

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/02/10 12:43 PM

Their website says 3.5 miles north of town. http://cocobeachbelize.com/

Did you check trip advisor for reviews? Saw a trip report yesterday where someone mentioned they just wrote a review after staying there.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/02/10 01:28 PM

Aside from this thread being from last year - Coco Beach is now 90% complete and probably in the top 3 resorts on the Caye. Restaurant should be open shortly if not already - but you can order from Upper Deck Grill at Belizean Shores and they'll deliver to your room or pool area. Full service tour shop also at Belizean shores and in addition to free in-room internet and phones - they have free wifi around the pool area.

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/02/10 01:32 PM

A recent guest's photo set from Flickr showing lots of pics on the room and grounds:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/foreverblended/sets/72157623056363069/

Posted By: elbert

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/02/10 02:59 PM

Cocobeach is a great place. Were just up the beach from there and take out lots of their guests diving and snorkeling everyday.
look for the giant dive flag!
Posted By: A C

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/05/10 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by elbert
Cocobeach is a great place. Were just up the beach from there and take out lots of their guests diving and snorkeling everyday.
look for the giant dive flag!

nice plug elbert smile

by the way, WHITE SANDS KICKS ASS!!!
Posted By: CaptOneIron

Re: Coco Beach Resort - 07/05/10 03:32 PM

I stopped by there when I was on the island last month and there were several people around the pool area using their laptops I assume their wifi is working. I also gotten eaten alive by mosquitos while the worlds slowest bartender prepared drinks for the pool bar and the one up stairs.
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board