AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: yllowfin live music? - 04/10/09 03:25 PM
We are counting them down.we will be arriving in a few days.where are a few good places to catch some live bands or any kind of beach music and down a few cold ones?I also read somewhere on here that a lot of places would let you check out there pool and beach if you have a few drinks and get some food.Is this true?
Posted By: deadserious Re: live music? - 04/10/09 04:34 PM
A lot of places have live music on different nights. Just ask at your hotel when you check in and they can let you know what's going on which nights.
Posted By: deadserious Re: live music? - 04/10/09 04:38 PM
...or you can just wait for lil'red to answer.

btw, there are other artists who perform as well, though The Usual Suspects is a lot of fun.
Posted By: lil'red Re: live music? - 04/10/09 04:44 PM
This coming Thursday, April 16th, the high school band, "Rock and Peace" will be performing at Wet Willy's from 4-8. This is put together to raise money for new and much needed equipment. Come out and show your support.
Posted By: SnoopysMom Re: live music? - 04/10/09 04:52 PM
Monday nights it's Sweet Basil Jam Night!
Posted By: Uncle Buck Re: live music? - 04/10/09 05:09 PM
Small World Band, San Pedro's newest band performs several nights a week, playing orignal and covers in the Carribean and American music genres.

Tue. @ Tackle Box 9pm-1am
Thur. @ Catamaran Bar 6:30pm-10:30pm
Sat @ Coconuts 6:30pm-10:30pm
Sun @ Mohitoes 1pm-6pm

Check out the video link below:

Small World Band @ Tackle Box

I think that most resorts with a pool/beach will allow you to use their facilities if you are patronizing their bar. Many good options to choose from on the island.
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: live music? - 04/10/09 07:12 PM
Small World is the best. Tacklebox has live music tonight, Friday, Cool J Band (Island Music) and Sunday nights we have a reggae band.
Posted By: kathyw Re: live music? - 04/10/09 08:11 PM
I see Drummer Dan and Derrick are playing at the Canuck Bar on Sunday. What happened to the jam session at BC'S on Sunday afternoon? Is Dennis still playing without Dan and Derrick?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: live music? - 04/10/09 08:14 PM
Yes, he and Sherry only
Posted By: papashine Re: live music? - 04/10/09 09:57 PM
Saw them the other night, Dale was playing with them as well.
Posted By: Chuck V Re: live music? - 04/11/09 12:56 AM
We will be down visiting San Pedro 4/19 to 4/25 and would love to have a schedule of where we can find live music during our stay. I am sure we are not the only ones that would like to pre-plan our nights out. Wouldn't it be nice to have a page with a listing of the musical offerings for the next week or so?
Posted By: SP Daily Re: live music? - 04/11/09 01:00 AM
It would be nice but even the musicians don't know!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: live music? - 04/13/09 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by kathyw
I see Drummer Dan and Derrick are playing at the Canuck Bar on Sunday. What happened to the jam session at BC'S on Sunday afternoon? Is Dennis still playing without Dan and Derrick?

Kathyw,
Dennis Wolfe, Sherry Moore, and (New) Drummer Mike (Michael Fox) AKA "Dennis Wolfe and the Usual Suspects" are still the official BC'S band on Sunday's.
This past Sunday (yesterday) there was also a 2nd drumset and Drummer (me) smile added for the day, along with many other musicians that sat in during the gig including Derrick's brother and friends who sounded great. BC'S famous BBQ was also served.

I hear good things about Dan & Derrick's new band but I have not been able to see them yet.
Posted By: lil'red Re: live music? - 04/14/09 06:51 PM
"What happened to the jam session at BC'S on Sunday afternoon? Is Dennis still playing without Dan and Derrick?"

I guess many people don't realize that before there were "suspects" there was Dennis Wolfe. He has had many bands in his 21 years of playing music in San Pedro and has taught some 2 dozen kids and adults to play drums, bass and guitar. The line-up of Dennis, Derrick, Dan and Sherry has only been like that for the last 2 or so years. Before that, Dennis taught Dennisito to play drums, then bass, Dino to play drums, then bass, Rinaldo the bass and guitar, and Dalito learned drums and is the house drummer at Fidos....and so on. Scott and Dennis played in Caye Caulker and San Pedro for 8 years without a drummer and Dale and Dennis have played many different venues together.
Dan has been like a brother to me, I love him and miss him terribly, but I know his new band will have fun and play great music together.
Dennis will do what he has always done.....teach music to the youth of the island. Giovanni is a 16 year old who has played with the marching band for 6 years and is very excited to learn the drums. Mike Fox, who has always filled in for Dan if he was ill will play Saturday and Sunday as Giovanni gets his experience on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Maverick is a talented guitarist and friend of Dennisito's, and he will start with us this coming weekend. Lucio and William from the high school band want to play regularly on Sundays......so there is a crop of new and talented young musicians here who will get a chance to learn and perhaps make a career for themselves.
Posted By: seashell Re: live music? - 04/15/09 03:01 AM
Crazy Canuk's on Monday night has Punta Boyz. Wednesday night there is live Reggae/Caribbean for a couple of hours in the early evening, at JamBel's. Tacklebox, yay, always kickin' it!
Posted By: COZMO Re: live music? - 04/16/09 12:20 AM
Dennis Wolfe & the Usual Suspects... as far as I know... Monday at Coconuts, Tuesday at Wet Willy's, Wed @ Pier Lounge (Chicken Drop)... Sat at Reef Village and Sunday at BC's, Dennis - alone on Thursday at BC's... ps... cuddos to Dennis for helping the kids... appreciated, we need New and Young musicians - up and coming!

All Cayed Up... BLUES... at Coconuts, Friday
Same on Saturday... At Wet Willy's
Next Week... Drummer Dan will be joining All Cayed Up...

THURSDAY... Apr 16 5pm... Rock In Peace (High School Rock Band) is being welcomed to Wet Willys, hosted by same and All Cayed Up to have their first Fund Raiser... funds towards equipment... come one and All...

Sundays.... This Sunday April 19th... at Canucks.... All Star Jam Band.... Drummer Dan, GINO, Derrick and Ted... will host an open JAM... all musicians welcome, and we really mean that... come and play... 1 - 5 pm Sunday

Drummer Dan will be joining All Cayed Up NEXT weeks gigs, as we are loosing our current drummer, Drummer Jim...we will miss you... (he is returning to US for the summer,) & thus we Welcome - Drummer Dan... lots of fun to come.... for sure

Small World Band, Will & Dale, Punta Boyz, Barrington LK1.... amongst many others, play regulary on island, so there is no lack of music, just personal preference...
Posted By: COZMO Re: live music? - 04/16/09 02:05 AM
Also... don't forget "FIDO's"... GINO, Keith, Casper and Delito... and again, many more, that I don't know.. but I know there are more!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board