AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: McLovin Nighttime activites - 07/06/09 10:05 PM
I will be coming down to AC in feb with a large group of divers
we like to dive all day and party all night
We have been having problems finding somewhere that fits the following criteria:
GOOD diving close
festive nightlife
last year in Cozumel it seems like the streets got rolled up at about 9pm
Playa del Carmen had good nightlife but you had to go to COzumel to dive
All we are asking for are a few bars/nightclubs where groups of people hang out and have a good time
the more available females the better
I thought since there are no all-inclusives on AC that the people at the hotels and condos would come into town to eat and drink. Is this a fair assumption?
I will be bringing about 25 divers ages 26-65 looking to party
not looking for a Cancun kind of thing just a little bit of activity. Am I coming to the right place?
Where should we "hang out"
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: Nighttime activites - 07/06/09 10:07 PM
Where will you be staying?
Posted By: McLovin Re: Nighttime activites - 07/06/09 10:12 PM
We will be a the Tides
but we are willing and able to travel in search of a good time
Posted By: purdygrl Re: Nighttime activites - 07/06/09 10:31 PM
Hey McLovin,

In Feb when you are down it is a busy time for the island so there is always something happening. Lime, Pedro's, Fido's, Playa, Crazy Canuks, Roadkill, BC's are all good bars each night it is someone hot night for example Kareokee at Roadkill on wednesdays then head down to Lady's night at Wet Willy's. The thing is where you are gonna be is where the party will be as you are a large group and tourists tend to go to where there is a lot of people.
Enjoy and see you in a couple of months
Posted By: champion Re: Nighttime activites - 07/06/09 10:33 PM
I hope San Pedro never gets the rep for a southern Cancun.
Posted By: chunkyruth Re: Nighttime activites - 07/06/09 11:24 PM
No lack of fun in Feb, that's for sure.
Posted By: HOT_Card Re: Nighttime activites - 07/07/09 05:39 PM
And of course most of these places offer free or half price drinks to Hot Cardmembers!
Posted By: skippy Re: Nighttime activites - 07/08/09 05:16 AM
You're coming to the right place then. When in Feb? How many days? Planning on diving Lighthouse Atoll as well as AC? You should. Blue Hole is overrated, but the other Lighthouse sites are fantastic. Turneffe too.
Posted By: Phil Re: Nighttime activites - 07/08/09 01:44 PM
I disagree on the Blue Hole being overrated, but can see why there are two camps on this subjective issue. It is a one of a kind deep dive in under the roof of an ice age cave roof with huge stalactites dissapearing off into the deep gloom below you in the eerie atomospheric early morning light with the real chance of large proper sharks coming by to check you out.

Be sure to get Patojo the Dive Shop owner to take you out on a dive, best Dive Guide I've ever dived with, bar none.
Posted By: McLovin Re: Nighttime activites - 07/08/09 04:00 PM
We will be there for 5 nights Feb 25- March 2
will get Patojo to go with us for sure
as purtygirl says 'wherever we are the party will be going on'
so gentlemen lock up your wifes and daughters
THE DIVERATS ARE COMING!!!
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: Nighttime activites - 07/08/09 04:33 PM
IMO the Blue Hole isn't overrated, but the bounce dive that's customarily (and necessarily) done in it is. A longer and maybe deeper dive there can be very rewarding.

You'll be lucky if you get Patojo out on a boat other than on the first day. Groups I've taken there haven't managed it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board