AmbergrisCaye.com Home

lodging for new years and beyond...

Posted By: butch

lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/01/09 08:06 PM

i am looking at several places to stay in san pedro...seven seas..mayan princess...anyone have opinions?
Posted By: champion

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/01/09 08:19 PM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...n_Pedro_Ambergris_Caye_Belize_Cayes.html
Posted By: tcoats

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 05:20 AM

We stayed at the Mayan Princess in August and we really liked it. If you want to be right in town, right on the water, and in the middle of all the action, this is the place. Great people-watching and great view from the balcony. Very quiet and restful at night due to the thick blackout curtains and the hum of the a/c.

Comfortable bed, nice little kitchenette, and cozy living room. I would recommend it to my friends and family.
Posted By: seashell

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 10:53 AM

Geez, when did the Mayan get thick blackout curtains? I've stayed there many times in many different rooms, and always wished that the Mayan would get blackout drapes. Other than that, I love the place.

To butch . . no comparison between the Mayan and Seven Seas. Mayan's rooms are great, balconies are the best, location is busy. Seven Seas has a small pool in back . . .suites are adequate but really need some TLC. Bedrooms barely big enough to turn around. If you are looking for some nice digs with a pool in the area of Seven Seas, check out Oasis del Caribe.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 03:17 PM

if you want to try a beachfront private home, google Casa Caracol - its pretty nice, and we enjoyed it a lot.

for location, also look at the Palms.
Posted By: walleye

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 03:38 PM

Consider Paradise Villas also.....
Posted By: pamkillen

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 03:47 PM

The Palms is the best. On the beach, pool, close to town, ( 5 minute walk), best in town beach, spacious rooms with kitchenette, fantastic staff.
Posted By: H20dog

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 03:55 PM

Paradise Villas is my favorite place....quiet but close to town
Posted By: butch

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 05:00 PM

well thank you all for the info....we ended up booking the blue tang....everyone we talked to last year that was staying there said they loved it....we stayed at paradise villas last year and loved it...hope blue tang will be as good...will be bringing in new years there...whoooooohoooooooo...see you then
Posted By: Gridguy

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 11:32 PM

Blue Tang is nice. Be sure to get up to the rooftop deck, great view and a great place to barbeque or just wath the sunset.

Enjoy!
Posted By: Drifter # 7

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/02/09 11:45 PM

As a small hotelier I can tell you that it is not practical to rely on the reviews on tripadvisor. All you need is a couple dissatisfied guests with a vendetta to really hurt your small business and I have a couple of them But on the other hand If you will read all the satisfied guests who rate us 5 you should realize that something is amiss with the few who have a very low rating. I don't want to go into it all here so if anyone wishes to really ask just pm me.

I will give a couple more points of advice. Some people love to be out of town away from the clubs and all night street noise so they would like Seven Seas better than Mayan Princess while others are just the opposite they revel in the noise and excitement and would prefer the Mayhan Princess. Seven Seas nas a small pool, beautiful tropical garden and a very nice private beach in front to sit and relax on while Mayan Princess nas none of those. It is mostly a matter of what you are seeking and most resorts here have something nice to offer to the right guest.

http://www.sevenseasresort.com/
Posted By: ron

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/03/09 12:47 AM

Most people have already checked the usual places for reviews. They come to the board hoping to get greater insight than what is usually available on site you mentioned. Often there are boarders who suggest doing a search of earlier posts which apply to the question being asked. Telling someone to search on travel advisor isn't much of a help to then. They are asking for personal experiences.
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: lodging for new years and beyond... - 10/06/09 11:11 AM

Ron - you are right. We do the travel sites, but then get on local boards for "real" opinions. We have stayed at Xanadu, Caye Casa, and Paradise Villas all based on info garnered here and loved all 3. Having been there twice in the last year it is now much easier to search for deals because we know the places.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board