AmbergrisCaye.com Home

I lost my hat!!!

Posted By: Kgryfon

I lost my hat!!! - 10/06/09 08:21 AM

I had the time of my life in AC last year! I bought a baseball hat while I was there and it's been my fishing hat since then. Last weekend I was out on the boat in really rough weather and it blew off. I am so bummed!

I looked and looked on line for a new one but can't find one. Is there any kind soul traveling to or living in AC that would pick one up for me? It was kind of grey and had a pirate emblem on the front, velcro strap in the back.

I'm afaid I'll never catch another fish without my hat! : )
Posted By: Moose In Belize

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/06/09 01:17 PM

Belize hats are designed to blow off in the wind, so you will have to come back to buy another one. You're lucky it lasted this long.
Posted By: Gridguy

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/06/09 04:53 PM

smile

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/07/09 03:38 AM

I knew I was going to get this smile

But, I also thought that there might be a small chance someone would have pity on me. It will be a long time before I can afford to come back to Belize... frown
Posted By: tcoats

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/07/09 04:02 AM

I'll have pity on you and pick one up for you. We are heading there tomorrow. Yeah!!! Can't wait.

PM me your address and I'll mail it to you when we get back next week.

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/07/09 06:04 AM

tcoats, thanks so much! I sent you my info. Thanks for having pity on me, you're the best! grin
Posted By: suecate

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/07/09 12:08 PM

my husband bought a hat clip it looks like a little bungie cord and clips to the back of the hat and your collar keeps it from disappearing.

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/08/09 04:04 AM

Thanks for the suggestion...I think next time I'll just take it off when it gets that rough on the water!
Posted By: 2Aggies

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/08/09 01:09 PM

Try a do-rag. Stays on at 75 mph.

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/09/09 05:28 AM

If I'm out on the boat in 75 mph winds that's called a hurricane...and there's a whole lot more to worry about than my hat!
Posted By: Nancy1340

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 10/10/09 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 2Aggies
Try a do-rag. Stays on at 75 mph.

Or 110mph. grin

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 11/04/09 05:33 AM

Just want to post a pulic Thank You to tcoats for coming through for me - I love my hat and I'm ready to go fishing again!

Thanks!!!! : )
Posted By: tcoats

Re: I lost my hat!!! - 11/04/09 11:58 PM

You are quite welcome. Glad I could do it.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board