AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dunk south end homes - 10/20/09 09:24 PM
in 2008 we stayed at view the blue about 3.5 miles south of town and it was great.it was next door to casa redondo(sponge bobs house).so currently we are waiting to hear back from casa dam wich is five miles south.
view the blue and casa redondo are both booked during our time frame.does anyone know if casa dam is a nice place?if anbody knows of any other 4 bed home that is south i would really appreciate hearing about it.hope all is well in ac see you soon
Posted By: TravelinMan1 Re: south end homes - 10/20/09 09:31 PM
I did not know that Casa Dam was a rental.

Try: http://www.vrbo.com/122290

It is about 1/4 mile south of View the Blue
Posted By: dunk Re: south end homes - 10/20/09 10:09 PM
so is casa dam a nice place.villa incomunicado is booked.
Posted By: TravelinMan1 Re: south end homes - 10/20/09 10:19 PM
There are other houses Casa Hol Chan and Island Cottage but I don't think these will meet your needs. There are no other rental houses in the area. North of that location you have The Palm House, Casa Gonzo and of course Casa Tortuga.

Casa Dam is 4.5 miles south

Posted By: JZB Re: south end homes - 10/20/09 10:29 PM
Casa Dam has always been a private residence. If Casa Dam is now on the rental market it must have been listed in the past couple months since it is not on the BTB website. Therefore, you probably won't find anyone to give you a review of the place unless they own it.

Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: south end homes - 10/20/09 10:39 PM
i haven't noticed any activity at the house to indicate it is ready for rent - but it could be possible. But certainly there won't be any reviews at this point.
Posted By: JZB Re: south end homes - 10/21/09 03:14 PM
We found the listing on line. It is for rent on a monthly basis, not weekly.
Posted By: jmillcreek Re: south end homes - 11/07/09 04:30 PM
Why is it called Sponge Bob's house? We are renting Casa Redondo in December. Just curious. Thanks!
Posted By: JZB Re: south end homes - 11/07/09 04:44 PM
Sponge Bob is the nickname for the former caretaker of the property.
Posted By: Three_Palms Re: south end homes - 11/07/09 06:23 PM
Unfortunately 4 bedroom houses are somewhat rare in San Pedro. You might want to check the classifieds in the San Pedro Sun, San Pedro Daily, Ambergris Daily, or Ambergris Today. I have one 4 bedroom available as well.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: south end homes - 11/07/09 09:38 PM
There are four-bedroom homes north of town for rent -
Solaria Villas
La Perla Villas
Blue Dolphin

They are all lovely, and the coastline there is beautiful.
Posted By: HOT_Card Re: south end homes - 11/08/09 05:27 PM
Casa Caracol is north of town, but it is south of the bridge, and has 5 beds/4 baths.
Posted By: dunk Re: south end homes - 11/10/09 04:07 AM
thank you so much for all your help.we found a house south so we are happy.see you in feb
Posted By: seashell Re: south end homes - 11/10/09 05:23 AM
Congratulations on the success of your search. I hope you find yourselves very happy with your stay and chosen house.
Posted By: Ana Lausen Re: south end homes - 11/13/09 03:25 PM
Dunk, sorry View the Blue was booked this year for your dates. Do enjoy your stay in our beautiful island again.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board