AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: cousin elmer carnival - 11/07/09 08:12 PM
Can anyone tell me when carnival is celebrated in San Pedro? thanks.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: carnival - 11/07/09 09:43 PM
The celebration most folks think of as Carnival ( as in Rio or Trinidad etc) is celebrated on a different date each year because the timing is tied to Easter.
Here on AC it is from Sunday through Tuesday before Lent (which starts on Ash Wednesday). I believe those dates are14-15-16 February in 2010.

Belize celebrates another "Carnival" in a much bigger way in Belize City with amazing parades, costumes etc. This carnival is part of the September Celebrations. Most of the big stuff for this "carnival" happens between the 10th and the 21st of September.
Posted By: cousin elmer Re: carnival - 11/07/09 10:12 PM
Thanks. We will be in Belize at that time. Would you recomend staying in San Pedro those nights? We're really getting excited about our first visit. Thanks again for the info.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: carnival - 11/08/09 02:28 AM
I don't think we have had as much participation in Carnaval (Bz sp) as we could have. Let's vow to make a push to have some amazing comparsas this year - let's make this a spectacle to be remembered.

Yes Cuz come to San Pedro and we will put on an enjoyable show.
Posted By: sandyb Re: carnival - 11/09/09 07:15 AM
Is "painting" still part of Carnival? I was in San Pedro during Carnival about 25 years ago and the paint was flying! (only with your consent) We had a great time but if this is still the tradition, you may want to bring a disposable set of clothing. Since I am from New Orleans I can appreciate a good time during "Mardi Gras" especially with a San Pedro flavor!
Posted By: trphoto Re: carnival - 02/09/10 10:15 PM
Is there a schedule of events for this years Carnival in San Pedro on Feb 14-16?
Posted By: shuffles Re: carnival - 02/09/10 11:46 PM
Check last week's San Pedro Sun....there's an ad in there with dates and times.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board