AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge

Posted By: SnoopysMom

Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/30/10 06:02 PM

We have just been notified that as many as 6 dogs have been poisoned North of the Bridge / Tres Cocos area. At least a couple of the victims are beloved family pets usually stationed close at home or contained inside a fence. Not sure who is behind this at this time!

Please advise anyone in this area to closely monitor / supervise your pets as the poison may still be in the area.
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/30/10 07:00 PM

OMG I am so sorry for the dogs and their families! Whoever has done this should be prosecuted! What kind of monster does this?
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/30/10 07:46 PM

This is terrible news.
Posted By: iluvbelize

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/30/10 10:26 PM

Is the poisoning limited to the Tres Cocos area? What possible reason would anyone have for doing that to pets in their own yards?
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/30/10 10:31 PM

laurie the vet arrived back on the island mid-day from 8 days away and was available to treat some animals. i think she was able to save 2.
Posted By: wasntme

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/31/10 03:46 AM

Break-ins that is the 1st step.

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/31/10 04:46 AM

And the last one if they happen by my place - my dog is really pissed off, so come on and make our day you %$^&*#^ (not really sure how to curse online - forgive)!
Posted By: ed50

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/31/10 06:54 PM

When dogs run loose, the owners usually say "he has never gotten out of the yard before"

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 01/31/10 07:20 PM

Whatever are you talking about? All of these dogs were poisoned in their own yard or on their early morning walks with their owners (it takes seconds for a dog to sniff and eat a small "treat".
Posted By: Chelle

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 02/01/10 03:24 AM

My dog is one of the dogs being treated by Dr. Laurie. She is doing better and one dog was able to go home this evening. These dogs were confined in a yard and in no way were out wandering about. They are members of our families and we love them with all our hearts. I still can't comprehend the absolute ignorance of such an act. I'm hurt, angry, disappointed, pissed off, shocked, appalled, the list could go on and on. Most of all I feel disgusted and nauseous that people who live amongst us are so cruel and calculating.
Posted By: champion

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 02/01/10 05:08 PM

It just dawned on me that maybe the perps are doing this to rid the homes of guard dogs. Breakins and such.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 02/01/10 09:26 PM

That idea seems to be rising to the top of the list, after personal vendettas.
Posted By: elbert

Re: Dogs being poisoned North of the Bridge - 02/02/10 03:14 PM

North Ambergris Neighborhood Watch is offering a $500.00 CASH Reward for information which leads to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the cruel act
http://sanpedrodaily.com/2-2-10.html
© 2022 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board