AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Can anyone tell me about this property

Posted By: scs

Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 09:49 AM

http://caribbean.craigslist.org/reo/1606527975.html

I am considering purchasing this property. I have never been to Belize. I want to bring my two dogs, boyfriend and myself to live there full time.

I am most curious about the cost of living on Ambergris Caye, as well as crime and quality of living.

Posted By: CarlosCabanas

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 02:05 PM

Sounds like a good idea,,, Buy a condo in a country that you have never been to, sight unseen, based off an internet advertisement. Then you'll be living the dream right?

Cheers,
Carlos
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 02:09 PM

It's a very low price. Ambergris Caye is a great place. You should come down and see it, comparison shop and then decide.
Two dogs and two people in 600 sq. feet could be pretty cramped.
Posted By: sweetjane

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 03:19 PM

http://tacogirl.com/2009/07/price-comparison-shopping/

a listing of average costs of day-to-day products (by tacogirl)
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 04:02 PM

It's not a bad spot, the building itself clean and neat and I can see why you would be attracted to the ad. But the others are right about visiting / seeing before buying. What you don't know is the HOA fees/ other expenses + who your neighbors are, what sort of structures in the immediate area, etc.
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 05:01 PM

It may appear cheap, but it won't be if you end up losing your money. Don't even consider buying until you come here and ask around.

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 05:08 PM

Actually I've now looked at the picture and I know the building and the owner of the building (who probably won't be the owner of the condo). It's certainly worth putting in some effort to investigate this, as it is extremely cheap.
Posted By: KwikWalk

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 05:39 PM

Well, we bought site unseen (though I never thought I would). But we had a great agent that Diane hooked us up with. He sent tons of info, went out and took his own pictures for us, etc.

I'd definately look into it, but I'd be cautious. Even if someone wants to buy another property really bad as the add says, taking a $40k loss is pretty desperate. Also, don't know what kind of dogs you have, but remember they have to go up and down those stairs too.
Posted By: belizeonthebeach

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 05:39 PM

The aerial photo arrow is pointing at Island Academy.

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 05:49 PM

But the picture is of Thai's apartment block just down the street from Pedro's Inn.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 06:59 PM

It's Casa de David. Says so in the description below the photograph.
Posted By: scs

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 08:53 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the info.

Carlos, I do plan to visit before making a purchase. However, this is the only property I'm considering in Belize at the moment. It seems silly to make the trip if I could be warned in advance about something that may be wrong with the property or area.

I've been trying to get in touch with the owner for several weeks. He or she has only listed email for contact, but doesn't respond to my emails. That seems to be a red flag. If this person is so desperate to get rid of this property, you'd think he'd try to contact prospective buyers.

Posted By: cappoletti

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/22/10 11:22 PM

You guys know anything about Amerigris Lake Villas. My brother is considering a 2br there?
Posted By: lakegirl

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/23/10 12:03 AM

Just remember...
If it seems to good to be true.........
Posted By: SP Daily

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/23/10 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by cappoletti
You guys know anything about Amerigris Lake Villas. My brother is considering a 2br there?

Nice property!
http://sanpedrosun.blogspot.com/2010/02/luxurious-tranquility-at-ambergris-lake.html
Posted By: CindyO

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/23/10 01:36 AM

Craigslist has a looong history of people posting too good to be true items/houses/cars/massages (oops!!!) LOL Be careful
Posted By: CindyO

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/23/10 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by sweetjane
http://tacogirl.com/2009/07/price-comparison-shopping/

a listing of average costs of day-to-day products (by tacogirl)

I looked at the price list and sure glad I don't live in Arizona where Charmin TP is $35.00 for 20 rolls! WOW that's some expensive TP
Posted By: cactusdulce

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/25/10 06:24 AM

Mosquitos. Lots and Lots of Mosquitos on the Lagoon side. We lived back there for a while. Nice area, but don't go out at dusk or dawn unless you want to donate blood and believe me they are not afraid of OFF. smile
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/25/10 03:31 PM

To be very frank when mosquitoes are out and about they are everywhere except town. The beach, inland, the lagoon, the lakes -everywhere.
Posted By: Gaz Cooper

Re: Can anyone tell me about this property - 02/25/10 03:42 PM

I agree with Amanda

Many a time I have ran down the beach running from the clouds of mosquitos chasing me right down the dock into my boat and my house was right on the beach.

When they are out they are out
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board