AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: outsidedog Internet connections - 02/10/04 07:54 PM
Are internet connection eaily accessable from San Pedro. Im visiting the island in March, just wondering should I bring my laptop.
Posted By: klcman Re: Internet connections - 02/10/04 08:31 PM
Use one of the Internet Bar/Cafes - cheaper, faster & more reliable
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Internet connections - 02/11/04 08:21 PM
The cybercafes are handy, but a surprising number of hotels all over Belize (including San Pedro) are now offering internet access for guests. Some have wireless, some have DSL or satellite connections in rooms and some just offer free use of a computer at the office.

The situation has changed dramatically just in the past year or so. Pretty soon, internet access for guests at hotels will be at about the same level as the number of swimming pools.

I don't have a list in front of me regarding which hotels in San Pedro, but offhand I recall that The Palms offers unlimited internet for $50 for the entire stay, Xanadu has complimentary high-speed access in every suite, Mata Chica has high-speed cybercafe for guests, Salamander has internet for guests at the Beach House, and there are others.

That's the case around the country at an increasing number of hotels -- for example, at Kanantik, Jaguar Reef, Corozal Bay Inn, Lamanai Outpost and others.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board