AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: laceytravels Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/24/10 02:42 PM
We are looking at Banana Beach Resort and Villas at Banyan for a one week stay. We have two teens who like to swim in a pool and can't wait to snorkel. Can you give me advice as to which would be a better resort for us? Or make another suggestion? We looked at Belizean Shores but thought the first two would let us walk to town. Thanks!
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/24/10 05:12 PM
Both properties are very nice and in close proximity to each other - they both have restaurants and they are on one of the nicer beaches in SP too. You will probably find more assistance in arranging activities for teens and the family in general with Banana Beach - they have a great on-site staff who can suggest many things to do and set them up for you. Banana Beach's restaurant is really good, I prefer it to the one at Banyan Bay ten times over. The Banyan Bay properties are not as hands-on managed and the units are owned and operated by several different entities.

If it is your first visit and you want to become quickly acclimated I recommend Banana Beach - you won't be disappointed with anything.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/24/10 05:15 PM
DITTO!
Posted By: klcman Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 12:15 AM
TRITTO! And you we be so spoiled by that fantastic staff. Or, totally ignored,if you prefer ( but they may have a hard time pulling that off, given their sense of service smile )!
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 01:48 AM
Quattro, now that Tim is gone smile
Posted By: CrackOfDawn Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 09:42 AM
We have been to the island before but have not stayed at Banana. We land tomorrow at about 11 to stay there for a few days. I'll let you know if it's still standing when we leave.:)
Posted By: terrielinn Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 11:42 AM
Stayed at BB several times - GREAT staff!

Enjoy your stay.

Have a Belikin and a rum punch or 2 for the rest of us. wink
Posted By: crockhunter Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 01:04 PM
We have stayed at both, and agree the staff at Banana B is terrific. Also agree that there is no comparison between the resraurants. But Banyon Bay is a way better looking grounds and pool area. The rooms are more spacious and more attractive. Having said all that, we just returned from 5 weeks at Banana Beach and probably will return there. The biggest difference is the staff, going back to Banana B is like returning home.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 03:33 PM
5 weeks? i hate you.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 04:46 PM
I agree Banana beach is a great place and their staff always friendly and helpful. The food at El Divino is yum too.
Posted By: JeanH Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/25/10 06:58 PM
I like El Divino as well. Ate there Monday night, actually.

But, I think I'd choose to stay at Banyan Bay, simply because the property just appears so much nicer. The only unit I've been in there was lovely.

I also like green grass, and the pool is beautiful.

Although, there has been some erosion of the beach, it's still very nice.

All that said, I would guess Banyan Bay would cost way more, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay a lot more to stay there.
Posted By: settledan Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:23 AM
Stay at Amergris Lake Villas great pool brand new short walk to the beach great views of the beach and the back side ask for B6 you will love it
Posted By: klcman Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:34 AM
yeah, and he was as quiet as a churchmouse (except when Doug was around)
Posted By: captjeff Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:52 AM
Settle dan I think the post was about laceystravels asking about [two Resorts] Banyan bay and Banana beach ..Both Are full resorts Ie= beach ,pool ,tour desk ,dock,Restraurant on site .Etc.while your thoughts on the Ambergris lake villas was maybe to help ??.For sure not in the same ball park,or close to the two Resorts she asked about ... They look like nice condos ,but not A place for teens on vacation .Still under construction and not A resort as Resorts go .And As you own there you should have Said that up front ...Not that it should have anything to do with your Recommendation ??????????????of this new Condo ??
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:53 AM
Who was, who's Doug ?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:56 AM
Hey Jeff, take a nap smile
Posted By: crockhunter Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:32 PM
Sweet Jane, I know you didn't mean it, but if you keep making comments like that, maybe you should consider a name change.

klcman, if you are refering to the time we got kicked out of the pool at 1:30am, there might have been a little rum involved.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 01:59 PM
smile of course i didnt mean it, crock - 'moderately jealous' would have been a better way to put it. i only hope we can be that fortunate someday smile
Posted By: crockhunter Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 03:02 PM
SJ everything has it's price. I worked 90 hr weeks for many years, still work 16 hr days in the spring, summer and fall. But I now have time to enjoy. Plus I'm sure I am a little older than you. Wish you the best and hope you get to enjoy life as much as I do.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 04:11 PM
congrats, you earned it! smile
Posted By: captjeff Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 06:16 PM
Ernie back to your old ways ..Not to start crap as you enjoy it.Take A chill pill...And try to smile..
Posted By: laceytravels Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 08:34 PM
Thanks for all of your help. Sounds like I have found two good possibilities for my family!
Posted By: captjeff Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/26/10 09:26 PM
Yes you have .. Go have fun ,enjoy, get ready to live the Dream .Give us A trip report .
Posted By: klcman Re: Banana Beach vs. Villas at Banyan - 03/27/10 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by crockhunter
klcman, if you are refering to the time we got kicked out of the pool at 1:30am, there might have been a little rum involved.

Might? I know nothing! wink been there, done that!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board