AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Good Food

Posted By: Diane Campbell

Good Food - 05/23/10 03:24 PM

We've had lunch at Red Ginger but kept neglecting to try it for dinner ...... until last night. Wow.
May I heartily recommend a vegetarian pasta that was outstanding - penne with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and creamy Parmesan cheese sauce (you can add chicken or shrimp but the flavor is fab without them). Desert - ohmy - cinnamon apple cheesecake with bourbon sauce.
I was so distracted by my pasta I forgot to try my husband's short-ribs which he assured me (after finishing every bite) were great.
The service was perfection, the setting lovely. We'll be back.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 03:46 PM

Diane I Agree this place rocks .the food is world class .on my best of the best List along with Rojo ,Victoria House ,And the others on my top ten list....
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 04:07 PM

I agree about the food . .wonderful!! My only complaint is that it turns its back on the island ambience . .the dining room could be anywhere . . . When I'm on AC, meals taste better if i can smell the salt air and see a palm tree or two in the breeze.
Posted By: HOT_Card

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 04:50 PM

Totally agree. I had the short ribs last time - yum, and a great appetizer of spicy shrimp on a plantain toston (like a mini pancake). If anyone wants to feel REALLY hungry their menu is online at http://www.redgingerbelize.com/menus.htm. I think I might need to go to the kitchen for a snack now!!
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 05:31 PM

Janet & I went there last night. I had the braised short ribs....the best I've ever had.....like butter. Janet should have followed Diane's suggestion and had the pasta. Instead she ordered the pork "tenderloin"....not good...more like thin pork cutlets cooked to death. They did not charge us for Janet's dish which was very nice. Second time we've been there and that's our only complaint. Service is excellent....atmosphere is definitely not "San Pedro", but you can't have everything.

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 07:27 PM

I agree tht RG lacks the old San Pedro funky beachy feeling, but when the mossies are biting, the rain is falling and the temperatures are scorching ---- the ambiance at Red Ginger may be just about perfect!
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 07:28 PM

What are the prices like?

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 07:31 PM

As I recall the prices were very reasonable.
The wine was good too, so my memory was less acute than otherwise.
Posted By: Chloe

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 08:23 PM

Prices are on the menu. posted above.
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 08:27 PM

My favorite salad on the menu for lunch is the "Chopped Salad" .
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 10:27 PM

The prices are what you would expect for excellent food....probably less than the US for comparable food.
Posted By: KathyA

Re: Good Food - 05/24/10 10:41 PM

I just won a trip to Las Terrazas on SkyAuction. Look forward to eating there soon!
Posted By: Peter Jones

Re: Good Food - 05/25/10 12:50 AM

I don't know what I'd expect for excellent food.
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board