AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Street Food /Small restaurant recommendations?

Posted By: Carib Traveler

Street Food /Small restaurant recommendations? - 08/16/10 09:07 PM

What's popular these days? I searched this forum using various terms but didn't get 2 many hits from recent (09-2010) posts. Waraguma I got-- other suggestions/favorites to share? Many thanks!
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Street Food Recommendations? - 08/16/10 09:11 PM

Any of the street vendors at the town park. My fav... stewed chicken.. beans and rice. But there are also others serving other wares. I think there was one by the ball field one night that served up hamburger with grilled hot dogs on it and other toppings that made it look like a "Dagwood sandwich"...
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: Street Food Recommendations? - 08/16/10 09:26 PM

The stand outside of Richie's Supermarket has great burgers during the weeknights....
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Street Food Recommendations? - 08/16/10 10:18 PM

The greatest BBQ chicken just about on every corner on the weekends.
Posted By: pirate villas

Re: Street Food /Small restaurant recommendations? - 08/16/10 10:47 PM

the lady with the little yellow cart with the chicken cheese dip and stuffed jalepenos and other stuff.she makes traffic...and el fogon is my brothers fav.
Posted By: azbob

Re: Street Food Recommendations? - 08/16/10 10:49 PM

Agree with al and diving cowgirl. Best real charcoal grilled chicken with rice & beans is at the square. I've also had really good burgers, taco's and burritto's there. Note: most restraunts close around 9 pm, but you can find food at the square until the bars close; depending on the weather of course and the number of people in town.

Additional favorites:
Estel's - on the beach next to the square
el fogon: //ambergriscaye.com/elfogon/
© 2019 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board