AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Royal Palm Villa's

Posted By: Viking

Royal Palm Villa's - 09/13/10 08:10 PM

Does anyone have anything, good or bad, to say about the Royal Palm Villa's? We were looking in AC but these look pretty nice but are south of San Pedro. Can anyone comment on the difference in crime, if there is one.

Thank you
Posted By: Tim Callanan

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/13/10 08:28 PM

always well kept , safe and close to town . Have fun !
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/14/10 03:49 AM

Nice, quiet and lovely pool. I really enjoyed our stay there. Next door is Divino's restaurant (at Banana Beach) - a must!
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/14/10 04:57 PM

viking I have a place there I own since 2004 send me A pm I will share my thoughts and tell you all about the place I enjoy the place as there is never any one there quiet and some days you may be the only one by the pool And it is close to every thing one can need and a short trip to town center .But every one has a differant needs and taste ..
Posted By: FlowerChild

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/15/10 10:40 PM

Depends on what you are looking for and how close to town you want to be. There are many homes on the Island that you can rent at a very reasonable rate and enjoy numerous ammenities. Both the North and South sides are nice, it's really a matter of road access. If you're looking for a quiet and romantic vacation then stay north. Los Encontos has nice villas and are located north. There are 4 unites to choose from and I'd pick Villa la Jolla or Villa del Sol if available. Villa la Jolla is ocean front while the other is very nice, but is ocean view. If you want easy access to town, then stay south. While the road has improved north, there is easier access on the south end. If you plan to rent a golf cart, then I'd suggest staying somewhere a bit more south so that you can fully enjoy your experience. My husband and I own now, but we've stayed at Sunset Beach in the past and they are quite nice villas. Athens Gate and Pellican Reef are also nice resorts closer to town. If you want to stay in a home verses a condo then google Casa Incommunicada, Island Cottage, or View of the Blue (those should be on www.vrbo.com). As for your question regarding crime, you will find crime no matter where you travel. The Island is very laid back, but theft is common. Rule of thumb for travelers, if it shines then leave it at home. Also always lock up monies and valuables. Most thieves are petty, but you will be safe here. Enjoy your travels and ask away if you have more questions.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/15/10 10:47 PM

Thank you very much, I appreciate the input. We are not vacationing thou, we are moving down so looking for long term rental at this point. I would prefer a house but.....
Posted By: FlowerChild

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/15/10 10:51 PM

No problem Viking. This isn't by chance Michael and Renee is it?

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/15/10 11:11 PM

No this is not Michael and Renee, sorry
Posted By: tcoats

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/15/10 11:30 PM

Royal Palm Villas are just south of town, but still close enough to bike in or jump on the golf cart and zip into town any time you want to. Some of the other places mentioned are even further out. They are in a nice quiet area right on the beach and have a very nice pool. And, as mentioned above, right next door to El Divino restaurant and not far from Ricos Restaurant on the water at Banyan Bay. There is a very nice beach area at Banyan Bay, as well as their kayak rentals and dive shop.
Posted By: sandyb

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/16/10 02:09 PM

Why don't you just stay at Ruby's or another reasonably priced hotel for a few weeks, look around, get a feel for the area you like & go from there. There are lots of places to rent long term, you just need to see what's available that suits your situation.
Posted By: SnoopysMom

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/16/10 02:20 PM

I agree with Sandy - you are better off "eye balling" the places prior to committing to a long term lease. Even if it means moving twice.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/16/10 03:43 PM

I think that is what we are going to do. Just trying to get a "feel" for it right now.
Posted By: P.J.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 12:44 AM

You can rent at Royal Palms in the short term also. I rented for 30 days before moving in(I think it was $800 USD for the month). I would suggest doing that instead of living in town at first because I can guarantee that you dont want to live in town. If you dont have a golf cart or a motorcycle, it can be a little far from town, but its only $3.50 USD to catch a ride into town with a cab. I ride my bike every day and it takes I rented my first unit for 30 days through M&M Rentals and I liked it a lot down here so I moved in for a year. Send me a PM and I can give you a couple people's contact info at M&M if you want them. I was very happy with my experience over all.
Posted By: slowlyretiring

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 01:51 AM

deleted

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 02:37 AM

Yes I love sarcasm, I am extremely sarcastic. Actually sounds like it would be fun to watch so who needs a tv. Ill just carry a remote (my door) and when I'm done watching, go in. Oh. I like the "pee-on" bit. I'm moving to leave some of the bureaucracy at bay, and to live my dream while I can! Maybe I can add fuel, he new episode daily.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 07:11 PM

Good luck with the move Viking, Royal Palms is a great stepping stone for moving down . A good majority of "local gringos" that Live at R.P. for all the above reasons. You won't regret the move, and you may just like the Royal Palms !

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by slowlyretiring
deleted

Haha, I guess Marty didnt like my reply. Oh well, Viking got to see it before it was removed. Just to clarify, I am not spreading rumors about anyone(thats why I didnt say who each rumor was about). I am just trying to let the guy know what he is getting into at RP. Just like anything, it has its ups and its downs.

So here is a question....if I would have been specific and told stories of actual verifiable occurrences, then would it have not been deleted? because those would be MUCH more fun to tell. smile

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 08:47 PM

BUT SLOWLY RETIRING you did it to cause trouble.as you enjoyed playing your silly games it is only the people who live there who know the real deal .I will call viking and share the good things as well as the bad I love it there .but I am the only one who can say whats the real story as I live there ,You on the other do know jack shit about the place only what you hear ..? or make up .?
I love people like you .LOL.Not.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 08:52 PM

Love ya Jeff, cant wait to see you buddy smile

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 09:10 PM

HAHAHAHA, so vulgar & angry. And yes, I do know. I've read the emails from Frank, Liz, Bill, etc. Uh oh...I guess I'm more in the loop than you realize. So lets just ease up a little. Unfortunately, I know way more than I would ever want to, and a WHOLE lot more than any of the other owners would want me to.

My friends live at RP and fill me in on all the fun stuff, but either way, its still a nice place to stay and I love the pool. The beaches arent too bad at all. The sand is nice and soft down there, but it draws in a bunch of locals too, so it can be a little crowded on the weekends, but nothing bad. It not South Beach or anything, but its just more people than you see on the beach in town generally. It would be better so that people like me and my friends could use the beach chairs since they are for the owners and guests, but the locals come down to the beach and just pile 3 people on each one, while the "security guards" just sit around and watch them.

It is extremely nice being that close to El Divino restaurant. The food is excellent and the service has been great every time I have ever been in. Little outdated decor, but thats pretty much everywhere other than Hidden Treasure (or the newer resorts up north). Hidden Treasures is also a very good place to eat as well and it probably has the best ambiance of any restaurant within 2 miles of the town center.

Another place that seems to be pretty popular for long-ish term rentals is Perla Escondida. Just had a friend rent there, but I've never been inside or checked it out at all. Seems like its pretty similar prices to RP. Beach isnt quite as good though, but its probably 3/4 of a mile closer to town.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 09:31 PM

Hey Viking , I dont have any reason to persuade you to Royal P. You will find that every place comes with a story. The island is full of rumors and stories, many enjoys this. Dont pay to much attention to the stories , enjoy them for what they are . You are getting your feet wet already , you are doing a terrific job with your research. Cheers

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 09:41 PM

WOW .. SLOWLY RETIRING YOU ARE A PEACE OF WORK NOW YOU DO NOT LIKE ?THE LOCALS ,LOCALS LIKE THE PEOPLE OF BELIZE WHO WHERE BORN THERE IN SAN PEDRO ??AND THERE FAMILIES LIVED THERE SINCE DIRT OR JUST PEOPLE THE NEW PEOPLE FROM CENTRAL AMERICA ?WHO JUST MOVED THERE CAN YOU SPELL RACIST ,WHAT NERVE YOU HAVE !!! YOU REGISTERED ON THIS BOARD SEPT 7 WHAT OTHER NAME DO YOU USE ON THIS BOARD . I SMELL TROLL HERE .YOU SEE EVERYBODY KNOWS MY NAME , LIKE ME OR NOT,BUT THEY KNOW WHO I AM AND CAN TAKE WHAT I HAVE SAY TO THE BANK !!! BUT FOR SURE A RED FLAG COMES OUT WHEN YOU HIDE YOUR SELF .WHATS YOUR REAL NAME .MR SMARTY PANTS LOL.#1 FIRST THERE IS NEVER ANYONE AT THE POOL,THE POOL IS ALWAYS EMPTY AND MOST CASES THE CHAIRS ARE NEVER USED ,ALWAYS ROOM . AND TO SHOW YOU DO NOT KNOW ,LIKE I SAID DIDDLY, JACK SHIT THERE IS NOT GUARD IN THE DAY TIME . THAT'S BEEN THAT WAY FOR MANY YEARS !!!!!!!!
AND #2 IN FRONT OF THE PLACE NO OUTSIDERS SIT IN THE CHAIRS .POOL OR BEACH IF NOT INVITED OR LIVE THERE .AND THERE ARE A LOTS OF OWNERS WHO LOVE IT THERE IT IS NOT A PERFECT PLACE AND THERE ARE FEW CRAZY HOME OWNERS THERE BUT THEY ARE HARMLESS BUT ALL CONDO'S ON THE ISLAND HAVE A FEW STRANGE PEOPLE IT IS A ISLAND THING . SO MR OR MRS NO NAME .I ENJOY A GOOD DEBATE WITH A PERSON WITH CLASS BUT NOT A HALF ASS.WHO HIDES HIM OR HER SELF . IT SHOWS NO CREDIBILITY AT ALL ..
Posted By: Ernie B

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/17/10 09:48 PM

Wow..............
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/18/10 01:11 AM

Can't wait to call Royal Palms my home away from home...at least if only for a week!
Posted By: klcman

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/18/10 01:35 AM

Luv Shak!!!!!
Posted By: LaurieMar

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/18/10 01:51 AM

:):)
Posted By: Loansum-Al K

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/18/10 03:45 AM

Ditto Jeff!

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/19/10 09:20 PM

thanks loansum this person is a troll for sure .. The part that locals use the chairs show where there at .phony baloney .
Posted By: Mike Campbell

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 03:54 AM

I used to manage long term rentals at the Royal Palm, had a bout 10 of them for around two years and never had one tenant complain about the Royal Palms. Many owners had complaints because of the management agency arrangements. Royal Palms is like a small community and is a part of our San Pedro community. Its kind of a local place as several owners live there. It has a very homey atmosphere and I guess from reading these posts not for everyone. Some people are just bitter and unlikely to be happy anywhere. Nothing wrong with locals unless you have an anti- Belizean attitude which they seem to sense. Imagine that. Because you come here with some money does not make you better than local people. You will not be judged, except by foreigners, on the basis of how much you have or dont have, just the kind of person you are. Good luck, this is a great place. Make Belizean friends and stay away from the negative foreigner types as they will try to bring you down to their level.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 04:08 AM

Wow.....this is getting fun. Where is the smiley face that is eating popcorn and just watching the show? Hahaha!

I did find this and thought it was funny.
http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg

PS, Hi Jeff, this is PJ. I met you at the pool and own Latitudes Cafe. Hope all is well. Looks like you're having fun dealing with some folks online. See ya at the pool again sometime soon!
Posted By: reaper

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 04:31 AM

While I enjoy a great debate as much as the next guy, geez moderators. There are some pretty bold personal accusations going on in this thread that don't need to remain here.
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 03:41 PM

Starting to miss the days when we banned people left right and centre?

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 04:08 PM

Which one was I ?
Posted By: Amanda Syme

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 04:19 PM

Extreme left.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 04:21 PM

laugh

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 05:10 PM

PJ this person slowlyretiring got me ticked off ,does not live here but knows all ?? RIGHT ??Then puts people who live here down .A sad thing as we are guests in there country !!PJ you know the facts as you now live there .I ENJOYED OUR TALKS BY THE POOL AND LOVE YOUR NEW CAFE REAL DEAL MILKSHAES AND SUPER DUPER FOOD .LATITUDES ROCKS.
LOVED MY TUES FISHERMAN BREAKFAST AT 630 AM .Any way stay well watch out for MY FISHING AND FOOD REPORT YOUR IN IT on my to do list .
I need to clam down on this as this person is very insulting to my local friends born here .
Posted By: Mike Campbell

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 11:40 PM

P.J. Thanks for posting http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg Thats really good, definitely my smile of the day. I have posted it on the offshore drilling thread on belizeforum.com . A picture is worth a thousand words, or more in this case. I have already offended some by just posting it. They want to know if I am calling them a little girl or a donkey! LOL. Thanks again, Mike
Posted By: BZE Me

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/20/10 11:55 PM

I have been at the Royal Palms MANY times, I love that place. It is always quiet and the pool and the grounds are gorgeous. The beach could use a decent seawall but other than that, as Tony the Tiger says, Grrreat!

I found slowlyretiring comments regarding the locals offensive as well. The beach and the pier are the Queen's property. No one can own or restrict them EVER. The have more of a right to be therer than anyone, period.

Captain Jeff, ditto on EVERYTHING you posted.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/21/10 01:46 AM

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/21/10 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
P.J. Thanks for posting http://www.global-changes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Internet_argument.jpg Thats really good, definitely my smile of the day. I have posted it on the offshore drilling thread on belizeforum.com . A picture is worth a thousand words, or more in this case. I have already offended some by just posting it. They want to know if I am calling them a little girl or a donkey! LOL. Thanks again, Mike

Haha! I havent read that thread, but I can only imagine. Tell them you're calling them both. I mean...if the shoe fits.....
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/21/10 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell

Hahaha... Love the picture. Tooo cute w/ the little girl! But an FYI, that is a miniature horse and not a donkey...

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/22/10 04:46 AM

Diving cowgirl Your to funny .Yippee Ki A ? anyway I think that;s cow boy talk.
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/22/10 04:51 AM

Cowboy talk New Jersey style! smile

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/23/10 04:48 AM

ISLENUTT HOW YOU DOING and then there is forgetaboutit .DO'NT AXE YA DO NO'T NEED TO KNOW LOL.
BROOKLYN COW BOY TALK
Posted By: Islenutt

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/23/10 02:00 PM

smile
Posted By: travelqueen

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 04:38 AM

LOL @ dcg! That's my Texan right there! The real deal!!

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 05:00 AM

Who hijacked my thread.. [email protected]+t. Just want to know the deal
Posted By: ron

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 11:42 AM

Most threads get hijacked here. If your lucky it'll come back.

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 03:21 PM

viking stuff happens it is all the Pretty girls fault .
I LOVE THEM ALL ...
Posted By: klcman

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 04:54 PM

or wanna......... laugh
Posted By: divingcowgirl

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by captjeff
viking stuff happens it is all the Pretty girls fault .
I LOVE THEM ALL ...

Awwwww Capt. Stud Muffin..... we all luv you too! heart

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/24/10 08:02 PM

I LOVE YOU MORE LOL. , MORE HIJACK .AND KLC YOUR ARE SO RIGHT ..

Re: Royal Palm Villa's - 09/29/10 07:27 PM

I know it does...
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board