AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro?

Posted By: AJ Baxter

Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro? - 12/13/10 04:35 PM

Can anyone please recommend some great day trips from San Pedro as well as great guides to use on Ambergris and on the mainland. We have a party of five arriving next week. Interests include food, fishing, birding, archaeology & photography and we would like to avoid the crowds. Have been to Lamanai, Altun Ha, Xunantunich/San Ignacio, Caye Cauker, Bacalar Chico so far.

Thanks
Posted By: legendsburger

Re: Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro? - 12/13/10 10:11 PM

The road north is the best its been in years if not ever, that can always be a fun day.
Posted By: hazzyy

Re: Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro? - 12/14/10 02:51 AM

Daniel Nunez with Tanisha Tours 226-2314....tell them Barry the Computer Guy sent you. I've been on some mainland tours but they are by far the best. You can also find them at Hurricane's Ceviche Bar on the beach by BC's.
Posted By: P.J.

Re: Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro? - 12/14/10 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by hazzyy
Daniel Nunez with Tanisha Tours 226-2314....tell them Barry the Computer Guy sent you. I've been on some mainland tours but they are by far the best. You can also find them at Hurricane's Ceviche Bar on the beach by BC's.

Second that. I sent my mom with him for Lamanai and she is still talking about it 6 months later. Very nice people and they treated her great. She's got pictures of spider monkeys in the boat with them as they went up the river. Plus their ceviche is AWESOME too....but a lil spicy if you get a bite of a habanero. Kinda hot for this gringo but you wont find a colder beer on the island. They're about 33 degrees Fahrenheit if my tongue remembers correctly.
Posted By: AJ Baxter

Re: Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro? - 12/14/10 06:18 PM

Thanks for the tips legendsburger, hazzyy & P.J.

Do you know who offers the best birding trips or wildlife trips this time of year? Also interested in lagoon-side birding.

Thanks
Posted By: hazzyy

Re: Can anyone recommended day trips from San Pedro? - 12/14/10 07:26 PM

Isn't Elbert a birder?
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board