AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro

Posted By: elbert

Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/29/11 11:31 PM

$11.53 bz a gallon
Today business people around the island are buzzing about price increases and changing the way they do business.
Thats approximately 20%- 20.95% increase from last March.
Posted By: spl

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/31/11 05:11 AM

gas is up 20% in the states too, so this shouldn't be too much of a surprise to Belize.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/02/11 03:54 PM

Fuel prices jitter like a bug

Motorists are experiencing slight gas relief at the pumps this weekend after several consecutive price hikes over the past three months. The cost per gallon of premium and regular gasoline was negligibly reduced at midnight on Thursday by eleven cents, putting the new prices at eleven-forty and eleven-thirteen respectively. Diesel has seen a six cent decrease on the cost per gallon and is now selling for ten dollars and fifty-four cents. The discount however, will be short lived as prices are once again expected to go up by Sunday. While those figures have not yet been released it is believed that the increase will be considerably more than the current reduction in prices.

Channel 5

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/05/11 02:30 PM

Fuel goes up!

The price of fuel is consistently erratic. The pump prices have been anything but stable and last week Thursday’s changes were not the last. Sunday night the prices changed once again. While diesel remains the same at a whopping ten dollars and forty two cents a gallon, premium and regular are far from being acceptable. Premium was eleven dollars and forty cents and now goes up nine cents to eleven dollars and forty nine cents. Regular was at eleven dollars and thirteen cents and now goes up by four cents to eleven dollars and seventeen cents.

Channel 5

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/13/11 03:03 PM

Price of fuel at the pump reaching for the skies

A mere ten days ago on April third, the prices of fuel hit the roofs. And if you felt the pain in your wallet, well, we can tell you that the new prices will be even more merciless. Another fuel hike is in the works at midnight tonight which will put the price of premium above the twelve dollar mark and at its highest yet. Word to our newsroom is that premium will face a whopping increase of sixty-four cents and consumers will now be paying twelve dollars and thirteen cents per gallon. You heard right, the price to full up your tank at the pumps is going up significantly and if you rely on premium, it will be retailing at twelve dollars and thirteen cents per gallon in the next few hours. According to our research, even when the barrel of crude stood at one hundred and forty dollars on the international market, premium was selling at eleven dollars and seventeen cents, almost a dollar per gallon less than it will be at midnight. When we checked today, the price for crude is hovering at one hundred and five dollars, which means that we are paying more at the pumps even though crude is far cheaper. But how high can they go? We do not know the answer to that question but can warn you that regular, will go up by fifty cents, which will put the gallon price at eleven dollars and sixty-seven cents. Diesel will be going up by fifty-five cents to a high of ten dollars and ninety-seven cents and in the case of kerosene, that’s goes up fifty cents, and will be retailing at eight dollars and seventy-seven cents. So if you are planning your Easter holidays you might want to re-work your numbers because transportation and other costs might change your budget significantly.

Channel 5

Posted By: Bing Crosby

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/13/11 07:37 PM

Yes, but on the bright side the George W. and all of his buddies are happy!
Posted By: P.J.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/13/11 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Bing Crosby

Not one democrat has stock in an oil company. Good observation.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/13/11 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by P.J.

Not one democrat has stock in an oil company. Good observation.

Oh come now, at know time did I say no Democrats owned oil stock but even the biggest skeptic would say that the oil industry is a Republican plaything.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/13/11 10:18 PM

oops, make that"no time"
Posted By: KC Jayhawk

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/14/11 03:55 AM

It's nice to check back in after a few months and see that George W. is still shattering Bing's hopes . . .
Posted By: Ecoman

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/14/11 04:27 AM

The price of gas today in SP was 12 dollars 14cents per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 06:33 AM

Fuel Prices at the bump take a welcomed dip

But there’s some positive news; consumers can look forward to some relief at the gas pump, because fuel prices took a dip at midnight on Sunday. Premium went down by sixteen cents, bringing the price back below the twelve dollar mark at eleven-ninety-seven. Diesel had an even bigger decrease of sixty-eight cents and is now selling at ten dollars and twenty-nine. For those who use regular gasoline, the price remains at eleven dollars and sixty-seven cents.

Channel 5

Posted By: Rykat

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 02:36 PM

Enjoy the bump down and buy quick, it will not last.
Good one Bing, blame Bush, HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! sick Hopefully high gas prices will remove present clown!

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 05:51 PM

I didn't "blame" Bush I just said all of his buddies must be happy. As for gas prices removing Obama; well his poll numbers are way up now because he did what Bush couldn't do. (P.S. I wonder what happened to all of those weopons of mass distruction?)
Posted By: champion

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 06:11 PM

I didn't "blame" Bush I just said all of his buddies must be happy. As for gas prices removing Obama; well his poll numbers are way up now because he did what Bush couldn't do. (P.S. I wonder what happened to all of those weopons of mass distruction?)

Hey ignoramus, Neither Obama nor Bush killed him, the Seals did once they thought they knew where he was. And that was not known for sure either. Get a grip son.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by champion

Hey ignoramus, Neither Obama nor Bush killed him, the Seals did once they thought they knew where he was. And that was not known for sure either. Get a grip son.

Speaking of ignorant, your reply makes no sense at all! You probably think the seals responsible are the black water mammals.
Posted By: Gela

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 07:56 PM

I have found in my travels that fuel prices have mostly been higher outside the US. I need to remind myself that paying $4.09 US at the pump yesterday would be a welcome price to those elsewhere. I won't complain, but I too have changed the way I "do business", etc.
Posted By: ragman

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 08:46 PM

Gela, That is because oil is currently priced in USD. At the rate the USA is going and the dollar being devalued that might change. When or if it does the USA will pay much higher prices for oil and many other commodities. There has been much talk about abandoning USD as a world currency. So far just talk but if things don't change soon..... eek Bing can blame Bush again. wink

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by champion

Speaking of ignorant, your reply makes no sense at all! You probably think the seals responsible are the black water mammals.

Group Photo of Seal Team Six, . . . . . . . and you can imagine the look on Bin Laden's face when these guys came through the door.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-mMsIF2TTTc/Sj3okh06IAI/AAAAAAAABuQ/BHrfh0nJDJc/s1600-h/SEAL+TEAM+copy.jpg

Posted By: Barnacle

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 09:17 PM

i see some questionable arms and hands in there,,,,,
the two ;dolls; in the front, look at their hands.
the 'doll' on the right,, look at his arm.

another conspiracy!
Posted By: papashine

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 09:27 PM

Are those standard issue sneakers?
Posted By: papashine

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 09:30 PM

This thread has been pretty much hi-jacked eh grin

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Barnacle
i see some questionable arms and hands in there,,,,,
the two ;dolls; in the front, look at their hands.
the 'doll' on the right,, look at his arm.

another conspiracy!

Hey Guys –
A couple things to notice.

50 caliber sniper on the right.

Knee, knuckle and forearm protection.

Various wire ties.

Absolute identity denial to protect their families.

Free choice of footwear.

Fourth from the right has three artillery simulators and CS gas grenades on his belly. He’s the shock and awe guy.

Posted By: Wizardofaahs

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 10:26 PM

Well, you know those piles of US currency they found in the hideout of Saddam??? Those WERE the Weapons of Mass Destruction! Think about it.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wizardofaahs
Well, you know those piles of US currency they found in the hideout of Saddam??? Those WERE the Weapons of Mass Destruction! Think about it.

Most logical explaination i've heard.
Posted By: seashell

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/11 11:42 PM

Paid the equivalent of $4.58/US gallon for my gas at the pump yesterday. Most it has ever cost me to fill my car's tank, IIRC. Frankly, Gela, I'd be happy to pay $4.08 and it is worse in other parts of Canada than here in Calgary.

Posted By: cracked up

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/11/11 01:18 AM

The same guys that Obama wasn't going to pay a couple of weeks ago!

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/11/11 02:45 AM

pic:
feet too small
skinny hairless forearms
They're women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile
Posted By: Sunny Reef

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/11/11 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by elbert
$11.53 bz a gallon
Today business people around the island are buzzing about price increases and changing the way they do business.
Thats approximately 20%- 20.95% increase from last March.

Yes, Elbert, I feel very sorry for the business people. Did you know that the price for corn tortilla did increase more than 100% within the last 3 years and basic most important food going up constantly. So, all the poor people in Belize and in the world are buzzing about these prices and they do not have any 4 stroke engines, huge pick-ups and a/c in the house.

The good thing is that we finally might understand that we cannot take the boat or car for every single cigarette or bottle of beer and finally the consuption will decrease: This is the only way to reduce the fast growing global warmth :-)
Posted By: CoolCatMan

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/01/11 05:34 PM

We are paying around 1.26 per litre for diesel in Edmonton you make sure that you pick up that you need all on 1 trip.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/02/11 03:21 PM

$1.65 a gallon here during Bush
$3.25 a gallon here under numbnutz

As usual Bings theories belong in Daily Crap!
Hey.....I own Exxon,Chevron and 3 drillers....I'M HAPPY!!!!!! laugh

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/03/11 02:11 PM

The price of diesel went down 42 cents and regular gasoline went down 32 cents. Ambergris Today checked with Caribeńa Fuels and was confirmed that the price have dropped and they are as follows:

Regular – WAS - $10.87 – NOW - $10.55
Diesel – WAS - $11.06 – NOW - $10.60

Ambergris Today

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/25/12 02:27 PM

Good news at the fuel pumps as prices take a dip

Fuel prices have gone down internationally which means that with the arrival on Wednesday of the latest fuel tanker in Belize, there’s a change in fuel prices at the pump effective today. Mercifully, this time it’s good news for drivers. Premium gasoline, which was all the way at twelve dollars and twenty-four cents, took the biggest dip, going down by eighty-one cents. That puts the new price per gallon at eleven dollars and forty-three cents. The price of regular fuel went down by forty-one cents to now sell for ten dollars and ninety-seven cents per gallon. Meanwhile, the cost of diesel decreased by forty-six cents, bringing it to ten dollars and thirty-one cents. A release was issued by the Ministry of Finance announcing the new prices; it also says that any future changes in acquisition costs will be passed on fully to consumers.

The current price of Regular in San Pedro is $12.17 and Diesel is at $11.26 per gallon. The decrease in price should follow in the next few days as the new shipment of gasoline arrives to the island.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/25/12 03:06 PM

With yesterday's massive fire at Venezuela's largest refinery, we can expect more price hikes in the future.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/29/12 04:20 PM

"while regular is at 11 dollars 95 cents a gallon.

YEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWWWWWCH! shocked
Posted By: dabunk

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/29/12 06:29 PM

You know what gets me living in PG? Gas is a minimum of 20 cents higher per gallon and is delivered in a 5000 gallon tanker minimum. That means they are paid over 1000 dollars more just to drive it to PG. If that truck used at max 250 dollars of diesel to make the round trip, why do we pay so much more just to deliver it here?
Posted By: Phil

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/30/12 03:43 PM

lol at the above complaining about things like that to us living on the Cayes. Everything we buy has that sort of over inflated surcharge.....................
Posted By: joey2angels

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/21/12 08:49 PM

I was under the impression that Belize got it's oil from Venezuela?

Forgot where I heard that!
Posted By: J DOG

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/19/14 12:28 PM

Down to $2.00 a gallon here in Ohio.
Air fare still about $100 more than I paid last year.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/24/15 12:31 PM

Fuel Prices Start On The Rise

Tonight there is not much good news for consumers as the price of fuel, with the exception of Kerosene, has seen a slight increase. If you are a driver then you are well aware that for the past months consumers have been paying less for a gallon of premium, regular and diesel with the plunging of oil prices in the world market.

But the next time you visit the pumps you will be paying a bit more for the gallon of fuel of your choice as prices went up on Saturday.

With the increase consumers will now pay $8.87 per a gallon of premium as the price increased by seventy seven cents.

The price for a gallon of Regular fuel on the other hand, increased by nine cents as it now sells for $8.21 while the price for a gallon of diesel saw a hike of forty cents and now sells for $7.79.

As mentioned the only fuel that did not experience an increase is Kerosene which reduced by seventy three cents and now sells for $6.16.

CTV3

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/09/15 11:23 AM

Fuel Prices Go Down

Motorists will feel a small relief in their pockets for the cost of fuel since the prices are scheduled to take a dip after midnight. Regular gasoline will dip 91 cents from $9.03 to $8.12 and diesel will drop by 31 cents, from $6.99 to 6.68. And while the new prices come in effect at midnight, prices for Kerosene and Premium will remain the same. Experts in the US say that fuel prices dip because the Oil is below $40US a barrel for the first time since the Great Recession.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/28/15 07:12 PM

INCREASE IN IMPORT DUTIES ON FUEL PRODUCTS

The Ministry of Finance hereby informs the general public that with the arrival of the latest shipment of fuel which is due to take effect at the pump on December 28, 2015, the Import Duties on Premium Gasoline and Diesel Oil increased by 65 cents Belize per U.S. Gallon while the Import Duty on Regular Gasoline increased by 57 cents Belize per U.S. Gallon.

Consequently the new Import Duties applied to these products are as follows:

Premium Gasoline - $2.96 per US Gallon
Regular Gasoline - $2.73 per US Gallon
Diesel Oil - $1.92 per US Gallon

The combined effect of this increase and of the CIF Price Changes associated with the December 28th fuel shipment will result in new Pump Prices per gallon (in Belize City) as follows:

Premium Gasoline - $9.30 per US Gallon
Regular Gasoline - $8.52 per US Gallon
Diesel Oil - $7.00 per US Gallon

This increase has become necessary as a fiscal consolidation measure to strengthen public finances at the start of the new 2016 calendar year and also to compensate for the decline in revenues linked to the decline in domestic crude oil production.

It is anticipated that in the coming weeks the C.I.F. prices of imported fuel products will decline significantly in step with declining world oil prices and that pump prices will stabilize at a point below $9.00 and $8.00 per gallon mark for Premium and Regular Gasolines respectively and below $6.50 per gallon for Diesel Oil.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/28/15 10:09 PM

GOB is really ripping the people off now!! We are paying 1.69 per gallon here in NJ at the pumps now so 4.65 US per gallon for reg and paying 1.69 almost 3.00 US per gallon tax!!!

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/29/15 10:19 AM

but does your fuel come in by barge?
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/29/15 12:56 PM

Petrocribe will die a natural death, sooner than later. PM knows that and hedged his bet by adding taxes. Been living high on hog using those monies and income from btl and bel, which has not been paid for and those bills will come due 2016.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/30/15 08:06 PM

DECREASE IN PUMP PRICES FOR REGULAR GASOLINE AND KEROSENE

The Ministry of Finance hereby informs the general public that, with the arrival of another shipment of fuel over the weekend, the Pump Prices for Regular Gasoline and Kerosene will fall substantially as a result of lower CIF Prices.

This shipment was comprised of Regular Gasoline and Kerosene only. Effective on midnight 29th December, 2015 the new Pump Prices in Belize City are as follows:

Regular Gasoline - $8.30 per US Gallon – a decrease of 32 cents per gallon Kerosene - $4.48 per US Gallon - a decrease of 10 cent per gallon Import Duties and other taxes on both products remain unchanged.

The Ministry of Finance further advises the general public that all future reductions in the CIF Prices of these fuel products will be passed on directly to the price at the pump and that it also intends to maintain the current level of duties and taxes without change on these products.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/06/16 11:00 AM

DECREASE IN PUMP PRICES FOR DIESEL OIL

The Ministry of Finance hereby informs the general public that as a result of lower CIF Prices on a recent shipment of fuels, the Pump Prices for Diesel Oil has decreased substantially with effect from midnight on the 4th January 2016.

The new Pump Price for Diesel Oil in Belize City is now $6.58 per US Gallon - a decrease of 42 cents per gallon.

The Ministry of Finance further advises the general public that it is the policy of Government to pass on all future reductions in the CIF Prices of fuel products directly to the prices at the pump, and that the Government intends to maintain the current level of duties and taxes without change on these products.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/26/16 02:06 PM

"Prime Minister Barrow maintains that it was better than any other tax alternative." smile Fuel is what takes tourist on tours, lots of tourist means lots of tours and lots of tax collected. This is the busiest week of the year and this is the week they decided to raise it. It's late in the game for Tour Operators to compensate with raised prices so lets remember this poke in the eye when we set our prices for next year.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/26/16 04:17 PM

The PM doesn't seem to understand how things connect when it comes to taxes. He needs a coach on finances.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/21/16 11:06 AM

Fuel prices hiked

Motorists in Belize are feeling another burn in their pockets as fuel prices rose again on Wednesday following a price hike just weeks ago. With the hike, premium gas is now cheaper than Regular.

Pump prices are now $9.62 per gallon for regular gasoline, up from $9.12, while Premium remained stable at $9.26 per gallon and diesel, constant at $8.29 a gallon.

This new increase follows hard on the heels of an earlier price hike just two weeks ago, when regular gasoline was hiked from $8.87 to $9.12; while diesel prices went down from $8.36 per gallon to $8.29.

More than 50 percent of the pump price is tax, as most of Belize’s fuel is now being shipped from Texas, USA, where pump prices have been US $1.79 or Bze $3.58 per gallon for Regular. Premium is US $1.89 or Bze $3.78 and Diesel is US $1.74 to $1.79 per gallon or Bze $3.48 to¬ $3.58.

Price hikes in Belize normally affect acquisition costs, and U.S. fuel prices went up in mid April; when regular gas went up 14 cents U.S., Premium went up 12 cents U.S., and Diesel increased 6 cents U.S.
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/21/16 11:57 AM

Did I read correctly that Premium is less expensive than regular by over 40 cents??

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/21/16 05:52 PM

Sad but I think 9.62 a gallon is low. It's been 12.60.
Gasoline powers the tourist industry, so government is taxing the Tour Operators. An active dive boat can consume 20,000. in gas a month, so at 50% tax on fuel it can feed government $10,000 in a month per boat. If the average dive shop had 4 boats and we have 20 dive shops on the island that would be... hummm about 800,000.00 a month. That should keep the Ministers in new Landrovers for a bit.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/01/17 11:35 AM

Fuel prices will increase at midnight. Premium fuel will increase from 10.44 per gallon to 10.79 per gallon. That's up 35 cents per gallon. Regular will go up by 32 cents per gallon, from $9.47 to $9.79. Diesel will go up by thirteen cents per gallon, from $8.98 to $9.11. The price change takes effect at midnight and is part of government's new tax measures.
Posted By: Jameela01

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/01/17 01:55 PM

Is there Premium gas on the island?

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/27/17 11:19 AM

Fuel Prices on the Rise Again, regular gasoline above $10 a gallon

The last fuel increase we reported on was on April 1, 2017 which saw regular fuel at nine dollars and seventy nine cents; premium fuel at ten dollars and seventy nine cents and diesel at nine dollars and eleven cents.

Fast forward twenty five days later and consumers are now looking at fuel prices jumping ten dollars albeit a marked decrease in premium fuel. As at midnight last night, regular fuel is now ten dollars and twenty six cents; premium went down by twenty one cents bringing it to ten dollars and fifty eight cents while diesel is now at nine dollars and forty cents per gallon. We have made contact with the Financial Secretary, Joseph Waight to get the ministry’s rationale behind these price changes but he is yet to respond to our query.

LOVEFM

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/27/17 01:07 PM

The article above stated that Premium Gas went down by 21 cents............is premium gas available on the island?

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/27/17 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jameela01
The article above stated that Premium Gas went down by 21 cents............is premium gas available on the island?

Good question. I don't see it on the fuel docks but possibly at the street fuel station.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/11/17 07:45 PM

NEW GOB Controlled Fuel Prices
Effective Date: 11th May 2017
Regular remains a constant high at $10.26
Premium gets higher at $11.04
Diesel still high but drops by 3 cents to $9.35

Last week, world oil prices went to a five month low - but in Belize the price of premium gas is looking like an all time high. At midnight it went up to eleven dollars and four cents per gallon, while regular was stable and diesel inched down by three cents per gallon. And if you're wondering why fuel prices in Belize have been going consistently up while world prices have been trending down - some of that has to do with the instability in Venezuela which is the main supplier of Belize's oil. We're told that the supply has become inconsistent which has driven up shipping costs, which affects the landed price of fuel.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/24/17 11:49 AM

New GOB Controlled Fuel Prices
Effective Date: 24th May 2017
Regular goes down 39 cents to $9.87 a gallon. Kerosene also goes down.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/02/17 09:41 PM

New GOB Controlled Fuel Prices
Effective Date: 02nd June 2017
Regular and Kerosene stay the same, Premium (-59 cents) and Diesel (-38 cents) down.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/21/17 12:05 PM

Price for Regular Fuel Spikes, Diesel and Premium Stable

Fuel prices are being adjusted at midnight tonight - regular is going up 31 cents per gallon, from $9.87 to $10.18 in the city.
The prices for Diesel and Premium fuel are going down but only by once cent per gallon each. So premium will be $10.53 per gallon, while Diesel will be $8.96 per gallon.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/06/17 12:40 PM

Premium fuel now $10.97 per gallon

[Linked Image]

What was perceived as somewhat of a reprieve at the fuel pumps on July 1, 2017, when the prices for Regular Fuel and Diesel were decreased, was short-lived as on Tuesday night there was a stark increase in fuel. The Belize Bureau of Standards noted that while Regular Fuel remains at ten dollars per gallon and diesel at eight dollars and eighty one cents per gallon, the cost of Premium Fuel has been upped by forty four cents; putting the new price at ten dollars and ninety seven cents per gallon. Meanwhile, Kerosene remains at five dollars and thirty cents per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/19/17 01:05 PM

GOB's Controlled Fuel Pump Prices (Belize City)
Effective Date: Wednesday, 19th July 2017

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/16/17 11:57 AM

If your vehicle uses regular fuel or diesel, you'd be well advised to put in gas tonight. That's because prices are going up sharply at midnight. Regular gas is going up 51 cents per gallon, while diesel is going up fourteen cents per gallon. The increase on regular fuel amounts to a 5.5% hike, while the increase on diesel amounts to 1.75%.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/24/17 11:20 AM

Premium, diesel and kerosene prices going up

For the second time in less than two weeks, fuel prices are going up. Yesterday at midnight, Premium gas, diesel and kerosene all saw a hike in prices. Premium is up by 50 cents per gallon while diesel has increased by 44 cents. Kerosene is also seeing a sharp increase, going up 59 cents per gallon.

Again, these changes went into effect at midnight .

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/05/17 11:25 AM

Hurricane Harvey Hurts Consumers at Pump

Tonight the government is warning consumers to brace for higher gas prices - and they say it's because of Hurricane Harvey, not broke Belmopan.

A rare press release on fuel prices says that Hurricane Harvey caused the oil refineries in the Houston area to shut down - which has caused a spike in pump prices across the USA - since Texas refines about 25 percent of all crude oil in the U.S.

Now, if you're scratching your head and saying but don't Belize's fuel products come from Venezuela? Well, not all of it - and not since that country has been plunged into a domestic crisis. The government release notes that Belize imports a substantial quantity of refined fuel from Houston - to supplement the inconsistent supply from Venezuela.

But with this supply source temporarily shut down, PUMA gas now has to truck fuel in overland from El Salvador. It's more expensive, and that price change will be reflected at the pump - where prices are already cripplingly high. The release says, quote, "pump prices are expected to increase in the days ahead. The extent of the increase is not known at this time." End quote. We'll keep you posted as to when the change goes into effect. Prices last increased less than two weeks ago.

Channel 7

Expected Increases in Fuel Prices Due to Hurricane Harvey

With the passage of Hurricane Harvey over southern and coastal Texas last week, the oil refineries in the Houston area have shut down and are not expected to resume normal operations and return to full output for some weeks to come. The oil industry in Texas refines about 25 percent of all crude oil in the USA.

The resulting shortages in refined petroleum products have caused a sharp spike in pump prices across the USA and also in other countries that purchase refined fuel product from the Houston suppliers.

This has also affected Belize, as Belize does import a substantial quantity of refined fuel from Houston suppliers on a regular basis in addition to purchasing refined fuel from Venezuela under the Petrocaribe Accord. With this source of supply temporarily closed, Belize is having to purchase and truck in overland fuel from El Salvador at higher costs than would otherwise be the case.

Such costs are being reflected in the local pump prices which are expected to increase in the days ahead. The extent of the increase is not known at this time.

The Government of Belize is working closely with the key supplier, PUMA, to ensure that such increases are kept to a bare minimum and remain for the shortest possible time.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/20/17 11:39 AM

Fuel Price Up For Third Time In a Month

And while Briceno wants financing for the productive sector, a break on gas prices wouldn't be bad either. Those prices are going to climb again at midnight - the third increase in a month.

This time, premium's price is remaining the same at 10.99 per gallon, but regular is going up by a whopping 92 cents, making it more expensive than premium at $11.13 per gallon. So - if you use regular - fill up tonight, or just buy premium tomorrow.

Diesel is also going up by 37 cents per gallon. Government and recently warned that fuel prices would be going up because of Hurricane Harvey and the damages it did to oil refineries in Houston- which caused prices to go up.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/27/17 05:51 PM

EXPECTED MODERATION IN FUEL PRICES

In the last few weeks Belize has seen a sharp increase in fuel prices due to a confluence of negative factors influencing the acquisition costs of refined fuel sourced by Belize.

Such factors included a temporary irregularity in supply under the Petrocaribe Program and also limitation in supply from alternate sources due to the effects from Hurricane Harvey.

The increases in the pump price were not driven by any increase in import duties or excise taxes which are fixed, specific-rate taxes, and which have not changed since the beginning of the Government’s financial year in April 2017.

In recent negotiations with senior officials from PDVSA (the Venezuelan state-owned suppliers under the Petrocaribe Program), Belize was assured that PDVSA is now in a position to resume deliveries to fully satisfy the requirement of Belize and the prices should moderate beginning with the next shipment of fuel which is expected to arrive in the middle of October 2017. While it is too early to say precisely the extent of the expected price reduction, the GOB is confident that prices will moderate in the weeks ahead.

Government of Belize Press Office

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/07/17 12:00 PM

Finally a Break On The Pump Price For Fuel

Yesterday, we showed you how a group of grassroots activists staged a protest in downtown Belize City to complain about the high gas prices. Well, the Government is announcing that the price of regular gas is going down by as much as 84 cents.

A press release from the Government says that a new shipment of regular gasoline arrived in country today, and it will bring down the current pump price by 84 cents, from $11.13 to $10.29.

The price change goes into effect at midnight so, you'll may want to hold off until tomorrow to full up.

Premium and Diesel prices remain unchanged in this shipment, but Government says that those too should go down when the next shipment arrives.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/25/17 11:06 AM

Regular Fuel Drops By 16 Cents...Kerosene Increases

Over the past months Belizeans have been paying record high prices for fuel while other Central American countries are experiencing considerable drops providing relief to drivers. Here in Belize while the Prime Minister has promised to reduce the cost per gallon of fuel it seems that won’t happen anytime soon or if it does it won’t be a drastic drop which is exactly what Belizeans are clamouring for.

On October 6th the price for regular gasoline reduced by 84 cents after Belizeans threatened to protest the high gas prices. And then last week Wednesday the Prime Minister promised that as soon as the next Venezuelan ship touches down on our shores consumers will quote “see a further decrease in prices, to below where the prices were when we had that spike.”

Well tonight we are seeing a reduction in fuel prices but it is not huge. Effective midnight tonight Regular gasoline will sell for $10.20 seeing a decrease of 16 cents. But that is as far as the reduction goes because Premium gasoline remains at $11.99 and diesel at $9.71 and instead of dropping the price per gallon of kerosene increased by 20 cents taking the price to $5.96.

CTV3

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/09/17 11:47 AM

Fin-sec, How Low Can You Go On Fuel?

We also took the opportunity to ask the Financial Secretary if the fuel prices will go down any further. The Prime Minister had promised that the price at the pumps would go down by mid-October.

By October 7th, regular dropped by 84 cents, and by October 28, the price fell by another 16 cents, to its current price of $10.13 per gallon. For diesel, the price dropped by 13 cents on October 24th, and the pump price is now $9.50 per gallon.

Today, the Fin Sec said that's as low as those two will go:

Reporter
"Are we looking for a continuous reduction in prices in the next few months? What is the outlook there."

Joseph Waight - Financial Secretary
"The next item to come is premium gasoline, which comes from a different source. It does not come from Petrocaribe. We expect that price to go down in, in pretty much the same way as the regular gasoline, 2 or 3 weeks ago. Beyond that, it depends on what the world prices look like, but it's not an immediate translation of world prices unto our - given the small amounts that we buy in the scheme of things. Our importation is a fraction of the world supply. So, what happens is we don't - and transportation costs are high. We have to pay for small boat - we don't have. And per unit cost is much higher."

Daniel Ortiz, reporter
"The price of fuel went down recently, as far as you're aware, is this the lowest it will reach at this time?"

Joseph Waight
"Looking at the world [prices], I think we have plateaued. Hopefully, it goes down some more, but it all depends on what happens international. There could be a scare in Iraq, or Iran, or something, and boom, it goes back up again."

The price of premium is expected to go down when the next shipment arrives. Right now, a gallon of premium costs $11.92.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/10/17 12:03 PM

Premium goes down, regular hikes up by 27 cents

Just last night we told you how the price of regular fuel had gone down to ten dollars and 13 cents - which was down by 16 cents. But, it didn't last long, at midnight tonight, Regular is going up by 27 cents to ten dollars 40 cents per gallon.

Channel 7

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/24/17 12:31 PM

GOB's Controlled Pump Prices (Belize City)
Effective Date: 24th November 2017

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/06/18 11:35 AM

Fuel Prices Go Up

At midnight the price of Premium, Diesel, and Kerosene will go up.

On the slim upside, Regular will go down by 22 cents.

Premium will go up by 17 cents, Diesel by 51 cents and Kerosene by 37 cents.This is the first increase of fuel for 2018.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/06/18 03:03 PM

Wow only six days in and only the first price increase?? Amazing!!
Posted By: Maya House

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/08/18 04:27 PM

;-)

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/05/18 06:32 PM

New prices for diesel and kerosene:

Belizeans have become accustomed to gas prices changing frequently. Tonight we can report that there has been an adjustment in the prices of diesel and kerosene. Those who buy diesel will see a savings of thirteen cents with the new price being nine dollars and eighty-eight cents from ten dollars and one cent while persons purchasing kerosene will be able to save nine cents with the new price for kerosene being six dollars and thirty-one cents from six dollars and forty cents. Premium gasoline and Regular gasoline remains at $11.24 and 10.18 a gallon respectively.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/27/18 12:13 PM

Fuel Prices Going Up For Easter

Fuel prices are going up at midnight - so if you are driving anywhere for Easter, you might want to fill up that gas tank right after the news.

Premium gas is going up by 15 cents to $11.39 per gallon; Regular is going up by 43 cents to $10.61 per gallon; while diesel is going up by 25 cents per gallon to $10.13 per gallon. Kerosene is increasing by 24 cents per gallon.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/27/18 08:16 PM

Gas price gone up again! Regular now over $11

Only nine days after the last gas price increase, Belizeans have been hit with another, this one sending the price of Regular fuel to a staggering $11.04 per gallon.

The Belize Bureau of Standards announced on Tuesday, that the price would go up on April 25. The initial announcement said that the new adjusted prices would be $11.06 for Regular, and $10.70 for Diesel; however, the BBS issued a statement less than a half hour later, stating that the Minister of Finance had recalled the first set of prices, and provided a revised price list.

The revised list sent Regular fuel up by 39 cents from $10.65 to $11.04 per gallon, and Diesel up 48 cents from $10.01 to $10.49.

Premium and Kerosene remained unchanged at $11.39 per gallon and $7.87 per gallon respectively. The adjustment makes the sixth price adjustment for 2018, with the majority of those adjustments sending the cost of fuel upwards. The increase in Diesel puts an end to a short-lived reduction seen on April 14, when the price went down 12 cents from from $10.13 to $10.01.

The new adjusted prices puts Diesel on the upward path to $11 a gallon; a path that Regular has been on since gas prices began rising in February 2017, and finally reached this year. It remains to be seen if the price of Premium will begin its assent to $12 per gallon. Last year, Financial Secretary, Joseph Waight, noted that gas prices had gone as low as they would go, and that any future adjustments would push prices upwards.

The Reporter

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/16/18 10:27 AM

Pain at the Pump

Fuel prices will go up once again. According to the Ministry of Finance, the new prices will come into effect at midnight. The new price of premium will be eleven dollars and thirty-six cents, a decrease of three cents, regular gasoline went up by ten cents with the new price being eleven dollars and fourteen cents, diesel also increased by eleven cents with the new price being ten dollars and sixty cents and kerosene went down by twelve cents with the new price being seven dollars and seventy-five cents a gallon. The release said that the increase is due to a steady increase in world oil prices over the past few weeks due to an increase in demand for the summer months. However, the release said that the Government has engaged with the key importer, PUMA, to rationalize the delivery cost of the supply into Belize. As a result, there have been decreases in the prices of Premium and Kerosene. Further, the release stated that the Government of Belize is concerned, however, that recent developments in the Middle East and Iran, as well as the announcement of further sanctions against Venezuela, will result in a significant increase in world oil prices. The release ended by stating that Government will continue to work with all local suppliers, wholesalers, and retailers to ensure that any increases are kept to a bare minimum.

LOVEFM

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/17/18 10:57 AM

Government Working With PUMA To Moderate Fuel Increases, But Expect Price Shocks

The Prime Minister covered as many as a dozen subjects in his press conference today - and one of the most pressing ones is the price of fuel. It budged up by a little last night - but more increases are expected - because of global pressures. And because of domestic budgetary pressures, government cannot cut back on its tax take. The PM explained:...

Rt. Hon. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister
"We're going to be in for a difficult time in terms of fuel prices. Because the acquisition costs, the global price of oil is increasing at a rate that, for small countries such as ours, is alarming."

"So, when prices to the consumer go up in this country, it is as a result of factors completely beyond our control. We have not raised our tax take on the sale of fuel for the last two years or so. And, there's no way - I need to make clear - that we can reduce our tax take. I believe financial secretary correct me if I'm wrong but for every ten cents that we pull back we give up we would lose two or 3 million dollars from the budget. But when we said in the press release that was issued that we're working with the importers to try to moderate the impact as much as possible that wasn't just glib or pious rhetoric."

"As a consequence of that exercise and those discussions the prices that went up last night did not go by nearly as much as had been first proposed by PUMA."

"But we have worked on and continue to work on an arrangement with PUMA by which, when there is a particularly steep increase attendant on any single shipment, we can say to the importer, "No don't pass through all of that increased additional cost to the consumer all at once; absorb some of that increase we say to the importer and we will allow you to recover it over a period of time."

"We 're still going to have to bear the burden of the increased acquisition cost, but we try to find a way to spread it out so that the shock can be lessened."

"The government is making every effort to try to finesse this thing as much as possible so that the increases are not going to be as traumatic as they otherwise could be."

Channel 7

What’s Behind Fuel Price Hikes

The prices of fuel at the gas pumps are up yet again.  Those increases come almost two weeks after the last hike and will see the cost of premium gasoline decreasing nominally.  The overall increase is being attributed to an uptick in the cost per barrel of oil on the world market, however, PM Barrow made an announcement earlier today that Belize’s fuel supply is no longer coming from Venezuela.  While the Petrocaribe programme has not been done away with, a steadier supply of fuel is necessary in order to meet the demands of Belizean consumers.

Prime Minister Dean Barrow

“When prices to the consumer go up in this country it is as a result of factors completely beyond our control.  We have not raised our tax take on the sale of fuel in this country for the last two years or so and there is no way, I need to make clear, that we can reduce our tax take.  I believe, Financial Secretary, correct me if I am wrong, but for every ten cents that we pull back we lose two or three million dollars from the budget.  But when we said in a press release that was issued, that we’re working with the importers to try to moderate the impact as much as possible, that wasn’t just glib or pious rhetoric. Two things we’ve been working on: number one, when the Petrocaribe arrangements were in place there were certain margins that were agreed with Puma, in shorthand, by way of incentives, to get them to source fuel from PDVSA because of course there were innumerable benefits redounding to Belize in consequence of using Petrocaribe and PDVSA as the source of our fuel supplies.  We’ve stopped placing orders with Venezuela.  I would not agree with anybody who says that that means the Petrocaribe program is at an end.”

Channel 5

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/24/18 10:40 AM

Belizeans Feeling The Price Pinch At The Pump

Oil prices are going up the world over - and in Belize where fuel was already very expensive, the prices are now stratospheric!

Prices went up at midnight - and the increase sees premium going up by 31 cents per gallon, regular by 21 cents per gallon, and diesel by three cents per gallon.

These increases are the result in rising acquisition costs, but government says it cannot reduce its tax take to give consumers a break. Government said it is working with the importers to try to lessen the impact of the increases, but, just like GOB, PUMA has to get its pound of flesh as well.

Channel 7

Gas prices are determined by supply and demand. While Venezuela, with all its geopolitical challenges, is no longer producing as much fuel as it use to, expect that at home fuel prices to go up, since Belize is no longer being supplied by or purchasing from Venezuela which was the cheaper fuel for us.

We can't get fuel from Venezuela because of payment logistics and the pressures from the US Government to sanction and punish Venezuela due to allege corruption practices.

As far as Belize is concerned, our current fuel suppliers are from "Texas" USA which is not the cheapest fuel around.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/08/18 11:29 AM

Relief From Punishing Pump Prices on Horizon

The pump price of Diesel will increase by midnight tonight in Belize City. It will increase by .34 cents from $10.63 to $10.97 cents per gallon.

Now, while the price increase to almost 11 dollars a gallon for diesel is the bad news, the good news is that those crippling pump prices should start to go down soon - reflecting the downward trend in world fuel prices. In a release, government says, quote, "it is certain that the next shipment of fuel products, which is due toward the end of next week, will result in markedly lower prices at the pump."

Government also pledges that it, quote, "continues to work with PUMA…to ensure that…any potential price increases are kept to a bare minimum, and that…oil price decreases are passed through to the local market as quickly as possible." End quote.

We'll wait and see.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/13/18 06:16 PM

Ministry of Finance Comments on Recent Increases
in Pump Prices for Fuel

In view of certain reports circulating publicly, the Ministry of Finance wishes to restate the facts about recent increases in the pump price for fuel.

The increases are due exclusively to the global acquisition costs for fuel, which have skyrocketed in recent months. While Government taxes are a necessary and significant component in what is passed on to the consumer, those taxes have not increased since April 2017, and therefore, have not affected the recent spike in pump prices that Belize has been experiencing. Rather, there are factors beyond the Government’s control, and which set world oil prices, that are to blame. Thus almost all countries, including the USA, have been impacted by rising fuel prices.

While taxes have not increased since 2017, there are those who argue that they should now be decreased. This year’s budget was premised on the taxes as they are, and lowering such taxes would adversely affect the budget, and removing essential funding for ministries, departments, programs, and service delivery generally to Belizeans. To give just one example, a decrease in fuel taxes by two dollars per gallon would remove 70 million dollars from the revenue, an amount that would completely de-fund the Judiciary, and the Ministries of Human Development, Agriculture, Transport & NEMO, and Works, and furthermore, public officers would not be paid and essential services provided by these Ministries to citizens would collapse.

World oil prices are reducing and Belizeans can expect to see a decrease in pump prices with the next shipment which is due by the end of next week.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/18/18 06:18 PM

Fuel Prices Increasing Yet Again

There are back to back changes to fuel prices announced within days of each other. The latest is a slight increase in the price of premium which goes from eleven dollars and sixty-seven cents to eleven dollars and seventy-one cents per gallon. That takes effect at midnight. After a number of price increases since the start of the year that have sent fuel prices soaring, over the weekend, there was finally a dip in the price for regular fuel. At the pumps, the price of regular is eleven dollars and two cents, down by thirty-three cents. The last price change for regular was in May, when it went up by twenty-one cents. On June seventh, Government promised to lower costs at the next shipment, saying (Quote) “it is certain that the next shipment of fuel products, which is due toward the end of next week, will result in markedly lower prices at the pump.” (Unquote) So tonight, regular is down, but premium is up. The high fuel prices which have had an impact on the cost of living have been a thorn for consumers across the board. The Chamber of Commerce has already decried the high cost of fuel making the point that the landed cost of fuel is lower that it was in May 2014 when world oil prices were higher.

Channel 5

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/11/18 12:28 AM

Price for Regular Gasoline and Kerosene Decreases

The Ministry of Finance is pleased to announce that, as of midnight last night, the pump prices for Regular Gasoline and Kerosene decreased.

Regular Gasoline declined by 13 cents per gallon at the pump in Belize City to a new price of $10.89 per gallon. The pump price for Kerosene decreased by 43 cents per gallon in Belize City to a new price of $8.21 per gallon.

The price decreases have come about because the batch of products from a recent shipment was procured by PUMA earlier last month when global oil prices were on the tail-end of a sharp decline triggered by OPEC pumping more oil to ease global supply concerns.

The pump prices of Premium Gasoline and Diesel Oil remained unchanged.

The Government of Belize expects that these decreases will be short-lived, however, as oil prices have rallied over the past two weeks due in no small part to elevating geopolitical tensions in Iran and the Middle East.

The Government will continue to monitor the situation very closely and will remain engaged with PUMA and other stakeholders involved in the local supply chain to work out ways to keep prices in check as much as possible.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/26/18 12:04 PM

Regular Gas Price Inches Upwards

Gas is going up, well, sort of. According to Belize Bureau of Standards the new GOB's controlled pump prices that go in to effect tomorrow, remain the same. Premium gas stays at $11.60, diesel remains at $10.75, and Kerosene remains at $8.21. The only gasoline product that is going up is regular gasoline, which is going up by 4 cents per gallon; from $10.89 to $10.93. This notice was published by the Belize Bureau of Standards about three hours ago and as we told you it goes into effect tomorrow July 26th.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/08/18 12:10 PM

Effective midnight, the price of a gallon of diesel will increase by twenty two cents. The new price will be ten dollars and sixty nine cents up from ten dollars and forty seven cents. Premium remains at eleven dollars and seventy cents, regular at eleven dollars and four cents and kerosene at eight dollars and thirty four cents a gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/03/18 11:06 AM

Effective midnight, the price of a gallon of regular will increase by sixteen cents. The new price will be eleven dollars and twenty cents up from eleven dollars and four cents. Premium remains at eleven dollars and seventy-seven cents, diesel at ten dollars and sixty-nine cents and kerosene at eight dollars and thirty four cents a gallon.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/31/18 12:10 PM

Gas Prices Inch Down

The last time we reported on the fuel prices was at the end of July, when diesel went down, slightly easing the pockets of motoring public. Well, as of midnight tonight, the price of regular gasoline will be going down from the painful 11 dollars and 20 cents per gallon. At midnight, that price will go down to 10 dollars and 63 cents, a decrease of 57 cents. Premium gasoline will remain the same at 11 dollars and 75 cents, as well as diesel at 10 dollars and 76 cents, and kerosene at 8 dollars and 32 cents.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/30/18 12:02 PM

Regular Gasoline drops to the lowest price of the year
[Linked Image]
Following a number of increases in 2018, the price for regular gasoline has dropped to its lowest figure of the year. The Belize Bureau of Standards (BBS) informed that effective Friday, November 23rd, regular gasoline went down from $10.63 to $9.95. While this price will be reflected only on mainland pumps, the price for fuel here in San Pedro will see a slight reduction as well.

While the price for regular gasoline went down, other fuels saw an increase. Premium gasoline went up from $11.49 to $11.50, Diesel went up from $11.15 $11.16, and Kerosene went up from $8.69 to $8.70. The one-cent increase in these prices are the smallest increases recorded in the entire year. This last price change is fuel in the 25th adjustment observed for 2018.

According to the Statistical Institute of Belize (SIB), as of September 2018, transport carries an average inflation rate of 1.7% due to fuel prices. “With an increase of 1.7 percent for the month, the ‘Transport’ category was the main contributor to the overall increase in consumer prices compared to September 2017. This was mainly attributed to a 6.2 percent increase among prices in the ‘Fuel and Lubricants’ subcategory,” says SIB.

The Government of Belize (GOB) maintains that the price fluctuation for fuel is beyond their control as international market costs regulate it.

San Pedro Sun

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/05/18 07:32 PM

Fuel prices decrease effective today

The price for premium has been reduced from $11.50 to $11.32.
Regular gas decreased by 19 cents, from $9.95 to $9.76.
Diesel decreased by 41 cents, from $11.16 to $10.75.
Kerosene decreased by 55 cents, from $8.70 to $8.15.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/22/18 12:11 PM

Gas prices will be rolled back

[Linked Image] The next time you take a trip to the gas station, you may notice a change in gas prices which may not be by much, but at this time of year every penny counts. At midnight tonight, new gas prices will come into effect; however, premium and diesel will remain the same. Regular gas will decrease by forty-five cents meanwhile kerosene will decrease by eighty-one cents. As a result, the new price for regular gasoline is $9.31 and kerosene is $7.34.

LOVEFM

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/09/19 12:25 PM

Controlled Pump Prices – 9th January 2019

Kerosene down 52 cents, Regular and Diesel remain steady.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/09/19 01:00 PM

Less than $2.USD in the states, I get the import cost drives up the price, but really that much of a difference for gasoline ?

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/17/19 11:46 AM

Price of Fuel takes a dip below $10...

Further Decreases in the Pump Prices for Premium Gasoline and Diesel

The Ministry of Finance is pleased to announce that at midnight on January 17th, the price for premium gasoline will decrease by a further 52 cents, from $10.47 down to $9.95 per gallon. The price of diesel will also decrease by 52 cents, from $9.83 down to $9.31 per gallon. This is the third consecutive decrease in pump prices since November 2018. Over that time, pump prices have fallen as follows per gallon:

Premium by $1.54
Regular by $1.32
Kerosene by $1.87
Diesel by $1.84

It is also the first time since January 25, 2017 that all fuel products are priced at the same time below $10.00 per gallon.

The dramatic fall in fuel prices is principally due to weakening global demand reflecting concerns about economic growth prospects in 2019 and also a step up in production in the United States, Saudi Arabia and Russia.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/25/19 12:18 PM

Last night at midnight the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 20 cents from $9.31 to $9.51 per gallon.

A release from the Ministry of Finance says this increase in price is mainly due to tightening global demand reflecting extreme winter conditions in North America and Europe.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/06/19 11:08 AM

Increase in Pump Price for Diesel Oil and Kerosene

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on February 6th, the pump price for Diesel Oil will increase by 66 cents from $9.31 to $9.97 per gallon while the pump price for Kerosene will increase by 63 cents from $6.82 to $7.45 per gallon.

These price increases are due to a reduction in supplies from the major oil-producing countries in the Middle East and in Latin America, coupled with an increase in demand due to extremely cold winter conditions in North America.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/27/19 11:16 AM

Increase In Pump Prices for Diesel Oil and Kerosene

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on February 27, 2019, the pump price for diesel oil will increase by 33 cents from $9.97 to $10.30 per gallon, while the pump price for kerosene will increase by 29 cents from the $7.45 to $7.74 per gallon.

These price increases are due to a reduction in supply from the OPEC countries and are also due to geopolitical uncertainties combined with an increase in demand in North America during the current winter season.

The seeming increase in the frequency of fuel price changes is due largely to high seasonal demand, particularly in the aviation, construction, and tourism sectors, combined with limited bulk storage capacities which together result in a need for more frequent shipments of fuel to the country in recent months.

The Government of Belize is working closely with the fuel industry to overcome these limitations and to ensure that the supply of fuel is at an optimum level and that prices remain as low as possible.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/13/19 09:52 PM

Increased Pump Prices for Regular and Premium Gasoline

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on March 13, 2019, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 60 cents from $9.61 to $10.21 per gallon, while the pump price for premium gasoline will also increase by 59 cents from $10.31 to $10.90 per gallon.

These price increases are due to a reduction in supply from the OPEC countries combined with an increase in demand in North America and in the Far East.

The Government of Belize is working closely with the fuel industry to ensure that prices remain as low as possible.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/11/19 11:06 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on April 11, 2019, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 39 cents from $10.21 to $10.60 per gallon, while the pump price for diesel oil will decrease by three cents from $10.29 to $10.26 per gallon.

These price changes reflect current market conditions which are influenced by the tightening in the production of oil from the OPEC Countries and by sustained high demand in the North American and Asian markets.

The Government of Belize is working closely with the fuel industry to ensure that prices remain as low as possible.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/17/19 10:36 AM

40 cent Increase in Pump Price for Premium Gasoline

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on April 16, 2019, the pump price for premium gasoline will increase by 40 cents from $10.90 to $11.30 per gallon.

This price change reflects current market conditions which are influenced by the tightening in the production of oil from the OPEC Countries and by sustained high demand in the North American and Asian markets.

Please note that prices will be different on Ambergris Caye due to shipping/freight.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/27/19 11:35 AM

Regular fuel up 27 cents a gallon, diesel up 16 cents

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on April 26, 2019, the pump price for Regular Gasoline will increase by 27 cents from $10.60 to $10.87 per gallon, while the pump price for Kerosene will also increase by 16 cents from $7.65 to $7.81 per gallon.

These price changes reflect current demand and supply conditions which are influenced by a number of factors, most notably:

· Geopolitical events which have significantly stymied the production of crude oil in Venezuela, and the recent US announcement that it will terminate sanction waivers to countries that import oil from Iran is expected to limit oil availability by a million barrels daily.

· Since March 2019, the gasoline output from the oil refineries in the USA has been well below the production in 2018 due to disruptions caused by fires at facilities in Texas and California.

· The demand for gasoline in North America is on an upward trend, and this is expected to continue during the summer months. Notwithstanding higher demand, gasoline is also pricier in the summer due to seasonal blends.

· OPEC and its allies are planning to meet at the end of June to discuss a way forward on oil production, and its consequential price effect, given the emerging market conditions.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/10/19 11:52 AM

Effective midnight, the price of a gallon of diesel will increase by seventeen cents. The new price will be ten dollars and forty-three cents up from ten dollars and twenty-six cents. Premium remains at eleven dollars and thirty cents, regular at ten dollars and eighty-seven cents and kerosene at seven dollars and eighty-one cents a gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/22/19 12:26 PM

Changes in Pump Prices for Regular Gasoline and Kerosene

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on May 22, 2019, the pump price for regular gasoline will decrease by 39 cents from $10.87 to $10.48 per gallon, while the pump price for kerosene will increase by two cents from $7.81 to $7.83 per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/04/19 11:52 AM

Premium up 24 cents.
Diesel down 21 cents.
Regular gas still high at $10:48
Effective June 4, 2019

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/15/19 12:38 PM

Regular gas goes down by 52 cents

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective June 15, 2019, the pump price for Regular Gasoline will decrease by 52 cents from $10.48 to $9.96 per gallon.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/21/19 11:25 AM

Pump Prices of 3 Fuel Products to Decrease

The Ministry of Finance announces that on June 21, 2019, the pump prices of three fuel products will decrease as follows:
Premium gasoline will decrease by 41 cents from $11.54 to $11.13 per gallon.
Diesel oil will decrease by 46 cents from $10.25 to $9.79 per gallon.
Kerosene will decrease by 11 cents from $7.83 to $7.72 per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/24/19 11:22 AM

Pump prices for fuel have been all over the place in the last few months, going up, and down, and up again. And the Ministry of Finance is reporting tonight, that regular gas, Diesel, and Kerosene will see a price increase.

At Midnight, the changes will take effect, and regular gasoline will increase by 18 cents, from $10.37 per gallon to $10:55 per gallon.

Diesel Oil will increase by 12 cents, going from $9.96 per gallon to $10.08 per gallon. Kerosene will also increase by 26 cents; it is currently $7.45 per gallon but at midnight that price increases to $7.71 per gallon. The price of premium gasoline will remain unchanged at $10.63 per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/06/19 10:50 AM

Changes in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective on August 6, 2019

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, August 6, 2019, the pump prices of two fuel products will change.

The prices for premium gasoline will register increase and kerosene will register decrease as follows:

Premium gasoline will increase by 49 cents from $10.63 to $11.12 per gallon; and
Kerosene will decrease by 08 cents from $7.71 to $7.63 per gallon.

The price for regular gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.55 and 10.08 per gallon respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/18/19 12:20 PM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, the pump price of three fuel products will decrease as follows:

Premium gasoline will decrease by 47 cents from $11.31 to $10.84

Regular gasoline will decrease by 19 cents from $10.12 to $9.93

Diesel oil will decrease by 17 cents from $10.04 to $9.87

The price of kerosene will remain unchanged at $7.37 per gallon.

These price decreases are attributed mainly to increased US crude oil production and that US refineries are producing significantly greater amounts of gasoline since January of this year resulting in overall gasoline stocks at healthy levels.

The Government of Belize continues to monitor price movements and supply conditions closely, especially following the drone attacks on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities this past Saturday.

The Government of Belize remains committed to working closely with the fuel industry to safeguard the pump prices paid by Belizean consumers.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/03/19 10:51 AM

Changes in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective October 3, 2019

The Ministry of Finance announces that at midnight on October 3, 2019, the pump prices of three fuel products will change.

The prices for premium gasoline will register decrease and regular gasoline and diesel will register increase as follows:

Premium gasoline will decrease by 25 cents from $10.84 to $10.59 per gallon;
Regular gasoline will increase by 34 cents from $9.93 to $10.27 per gallon; and
Diesel will increase by 14 cents from $9.87 to $10.01 per gallon.
The price for kerosene will remain unchanged at $7.37 per gallon.

These price changes reflect current demand and supply conditions of crude oil in the international petroleum market and fluctuations in the acquisition price of refined fuel products in the countries from which Belize obtains its supplies.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/23/19 11:07 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective October 23, 2019, pump prices of three fuel products will change.

The prices for Premium Gasoline and Diesel will register increases while Regular Gasoline will register a decrease as follows:

Premium Gasoline will increase by 38 cents from $10.59 to $10.97 per gallon; Regular Gasoline will decrease by 22 cents from $10.27 to $10.05 per gallon; and Diesel will increase by 8 cents from $10.01 to $10.09 per gallon.

The price for Kerosene will remain unchanged at $7.42 per gallon.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/05/19 12:27 PM

Price of premium goes down, regular gasoline inches up

The Ministry of Finance announces that on November 5, 2019, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The price for premium gasoline will register a decrease and regular gasoline will register an increase as follows:

Premium gasoline will decrease by 19 cents from $10.97 to $10.78 per gallon;

Regular gasoline will increase by 2 cents from $10.05 to $10.07 per gallon.

The prices for kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $7.42 and $10.09 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/14/19 12:01 PM

At midnight, there will be another change in the price of fuels. Kerosene will increase by eleven cents and will sell at seven dollars and fifty-three cents per gallon. Diesel will go down by nineteen cents to retail at nine dollars and ninety cents per gallon. Prices for premium and regular gasoline will remain at ten dollars and seventy-eight cents and ten dollars and seven cents per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/28/19 12:11 PM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Thursday, November 28th, 2019, the pump price of three fuel products will change.

The price for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will register decreases as follows:

Premium gasoline will decrease by 4 cents from $10.78 to $10.74 per gallon;

Regular gasoline will decrease by 2 cents from $10.07 to $10.05 per gallon;

Kerosene will decrease by 18 cents from $ 7.53 to $ 7.35 per gallon.

The price for diesel will remain unchanged at $9.90 per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/18/19 12:17 PM

Fuel Prices Increase For Christmas

Tonight, you can add at least one more expense to your Christmas list: The price for diesel and kerosene are going up.

Diesel will increase by 16 cents from $9.90 to $ 10.06 per gallon, and Kerosene will increase by 16 cents from $7.35 to $7.51 per gallon; regular gasoline will increase by a modest 1 cent from $10.05 to $10.06 per gallon. The price for premium gasoline will remain unchanged at $10.74 per gallon.

The price changes go into effect at midnight.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/08/20 11:07 AM

Diesel and Kerosene Prices Surge

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, January 8, 2020, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The price for kerosene and diesel will register increased as follows:

Kerosene will increase by 26 cents from $7.51 to $7.77 per gallon;

Diesel will increase by 23 cents from $ 10.06 to $ 10.29 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline and premium gasoline will remain unchanged at $10.72 and $10.06 per gallon, respectively.

These price changes reflect current demand and supply conditions of crude oil in the international petroleum market and fluctuations in the acquisition price of refined fuel

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/10/20 11:55 AM

Regular gas goes up by 22 cents

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Friday, January 10, 2020, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 22 cents from $10.06 to $10.28 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.72, $7.77 and $10.29 per gallon, respectively.

These price changes reflect current demand and supply conditions of crude oil in the international petroleum market and fluctuations in the acquisition price of refined fuel products in the countries from which Belize obtains its supplies.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/22/20 11:58 AM

Price of Premium Gas Rises

As of midnight last night, fuel prices at the pumps will be adjusted. Premium will increase by 27 cents and will go from 10.72 to 10.99 per gallon. All other fuel prices will remain the same. Regular Gasoline, Kerosene, and Diesel will remain unchanged at $10.28, $7.77 and $10.29 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/05/20 11:18 AM

Changes at the Gas Pumps

At midnight, there will be some relief for consumers as the prices for regular gasoline and kerosene will go down at the pumps. Regular gasoline will decrease by fifty-five cents to sell at nine dollars and seventy three cents per gallon. Kerosene will also go down by forty-one cents and will retail at seven dollars and thirty-six cents per gallon. The prices for premium gasoline and diesel will remain at ten dollars ninety-nine cents and ten dollars twenty nine cents.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/26/20 11:41 AM

Price Of Premium Gas and Kerosene Drop

The price for premium gasoline and kerosene will register decreases as follows:
Premium gasoline will decrease by 59 cents from $10.99 to $10.40 per gallon;
Kerosene will decrease by 74 cents from $7.36 to $6.62 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.73 and $9.48 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/07/20 11:34 AM

Regular Gas Going Up in Price

The Ministry of Finance announces that on March 7, 2020, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 50 cents from $9.73 to $ 10.23 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.40, $6.62 and $9.84 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/12/20 11:33 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Thursday, March 12, 2020, the pump price of two fuel products will change.
The prices for premium gasoline will register an increase and diesel will register a decrease as follows:
Premium gasoline will increase by 52 cents from $ 10.40 to $ 10.92 per gallon;
Diesel will decrease by 60 cents from $9.84 to $9.24 per gallon.
The prices for regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $10.23 and $6.62 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/25/20 10:53 AM

Diesel goes down by 99 cents

Diesel gas will be seeing a 99 cent drop in its price effective midnight tonight. The price will be going from $9.24 to $8.25 per gallon. The prices for premium, regular, and kerosene will remain unchanged at $10.92, $10.23, and $6.62 per gallon, respectively. As per usual, the price change reflects the current demand and supply conditions of crude oil in the international petroleum market. GOB is monitoring the price movements and supply conditions closely and will work with the fuel industry to safeguard the pump prices paid by Belizean consumers.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/25/20 09:05 PM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Thursday, March 26, 2020, the pump price for kerosene will decrease by $1.19 from $6.62 to $ 5.43 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.92, $10.23 and $8.25 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/17/20 11:16 AM

Pump Prices Will Go Down Sharply Sunday

World oil prices are at a two decade low, the price for a barrel of oil has literally crashed.

But pump prices in Belize still aren't moving. So what's up with that? Well, the problem is the old stock. Because of the national shutdown, oil inventory is moving so slowly that the new, cheaper stock cannot get into the system.

But, when it does, for regular fuel at least, the price cut will be substantial, possibly historic. The Financial Secretary has told us that the price of a gallon of regular is going down by more than three dollars - the largest cut he has ever seen. But when? He says most likely by Sunday at midnight. Of course, the price cut comes just when no one can go anywhere much because of the national lockdown.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/17/20 03:29 PM

The price of fuel where I live is $1.65, it has dropped tremendously in the last 40 days. Our state is on lockdown and the amount of cars driving is severely lower yet the prices drop. I believe it's internal to government manipulation. JMHO
From what I've seen in the 20 years coming to Belize, price has been about 1.5 time US prices.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/20/20 07:52 PM

West Texas crude at $-- 38.50 a barrel, yes, minus. As of 4.20.2020
WTI unbelievable.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/20/20 07:53 PM

PS, gasoline starts to go bad after a couple months of storage.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/23/20 10:38 AM

Fuel Prices Still Not Coming Down

Last week we told you about pump prices for fuel - with word from the Financial Secretary Joe Waight that a sharp, even historic three dollar per gallon price decrease was coming any day now. Well 6 days have come and gone since we spoke to the Fin. Sec. and there is still no letup in those pump prices.

And even though the new shipment is already landed and loaded up at the PUMA Depot, it seems the old and much more expensive stock is taking a long time to finish. That's because the economy is at a virtual standstill and neither buses, nor company vehicles, nor personal vehicles are going anywhere. Fuel stations report as much as a 70% decrease in the volume of sales. So, they aren't selling any gas, and, if the prices plunge dramatically when there's still old stock in the tanks, there will be industry-wide losses.

Fuel station owners receive a percentage of each gallon of gas sold, so when the price goes down - as it may, to around six dollars and change per gallon, it will cut their margins by about 30%. Add to that the 70% loss in sale volume due to the economic slowdown and it could force some gas stations to close their doors.

And, then there is also the government which is hurting for revenue, and when the price goes down, they also collect less tax.

All these realities stand against the public's interest in lower prices. The Financial Secretary told us today, quote "the old stock still has not been exhausted but that should should occur in the near days ahead. We have no firm date yet (for a price decrease)." End quote.

So, if you're waiting to fill you tank with that cheaper gas, the only advice we can give you is to keep cooling your heels and your wheels at home, you're gonna be waiting a while longer.

Channel 7

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/24/20 06:09 PM

Public outcry has been escalating as fuel prices in Belize remain exorbitantly high despite record lows worldwide and world oil prices in the negative. According to Financial Secretary Joe Waight, "The retail sales have been down by almost 75 % as a result of the lockdown and the loss/decrease of income for many thousands of vehicle owners and operators. The old stock still has not been exhausted but should should occur in the near days ahead . We have no firm date yet. And by the way, the GOB revenues from fuel taxes is down by an equal amount. As you know the taxes are a specific tax and not a function of price just volumes of sales."

We note that many fuel stations this week have reported that they are out of Regular Fuel.

The Reporter

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/25/20 10:40 AM

$3 decrease in price of Regular Gas

Change in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective April 25, 2020

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Saturday, April 25, 2020 the pump price for regular gasoline will decrease by $2.97 from $10.23 to $7.26 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.92, $5.43, and $8.25 per gallon, respectively.

The price change reflects current demand and supply conditions of crude oil in the international petroleum market and fluctuations in the acquisition price of refined fuel products in the countries from which Belize obtains its supplies.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/23/20 11:28 AM

Regular gas goes up by 36 cents

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Saturday, May 23, 2020, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by $0.36 from $7.26 to $ 7.62 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.92, $5.43 and $7.89 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/30/20 10:32 AM

Regular gasoline up, diesel down

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Saturday, May 30, 2020, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices for regular gasoline will register an increase and diesel will register a decrease as follows:

Regular gasoline will increase by 46 cents from $ 7.62 to $ 8.08 per gallon;

Diesel will decrease by 61 cents from $7.89 to $7.28 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $10.92 and $5.43 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/16/20 10:21 AM

Almost 10% Spike In Price For Regular Gas

Effective at midnight tonight, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 76 cents. It will go from 8 dollars and 8 cents per gallon to $8.84 per gallon. The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will all remain unchanged.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/23/20 10:15 AM

Decrease in Premium Gasoline, Diesel goes up

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, June 23, 2020, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices for premium gasoline will register a decrease and diesel will register an increase as follows:

Premium Gasoline will decrease by $2.69 from $10.92 to $8.23 per gallon

Diesel will increase by 51 cents from $7.28 to $7.79 per gallon

The prices for regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $8.84 and $5.43 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/25/20 10:31 AM

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Sale of Premium Fuel

The Supplies Control Unit (SCU) of the Belize Bureau of Standards has received reports of shortages of premium fuel at several gas stations countrywide.

The SCU advises the general public that it has confirmed that due to price change on premium fuel effective Tuesday June 23, 2020 and a shift in consumer purchasing, a sudden, unanticipated spike in demand for premium was experienced. This issue has since been addressed by the replenishment of stock in most gas stations as confirmed by the unit.

The Unit takes this opportunity to remind fuel stations dealers that they are obliged to supply inventoried price controlled commodities to consumers. Any retailer declining to sell premium fuel in stock must immediately desist from this practice as this is in contravention to the Supplies Control regulations.

Consumers are advised to be vigilant during this time and report any issues that may be encountered in the market place by calling our Consumer Protection Toll free line at (0-800-283-5587).

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/03/20 11:30 AM

Premium gas registers 98 cent increase

Changes in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective July 3, 2020

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective July 3, 2020, the pump price of three fuel products will change.

The prices for premium gasoline will register an increase and regular gasoline and diesel will register decreases as follows:

Premium Gasoline will increase by 98 cents from $ 8.23 to $ 9.21 per gallon;

Regular Gasoline will decrease by 27 cents from $ 8.84 to $ 8.57 per gallon;

Diesel will decrease by 18 cents from $7.79 to $7.61 per gallon.

The prices for kerosene will remain unchanged at $ 5.43 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/18/20 11:15 AM

Regular gas goes up by 14 cents

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Saturday, July 18th, 2020, the pump price of regular gasoline will increase by 14 cents from $8.57 to $8.71 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.21, $5.43 and $7.61 per gallon, respectively.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/22/20 10:16 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Wednesday, July 22, 2020, the pump price of diesel will increase by 60 cents from $7.61 to $8.21 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.21, $8.71 and $5.43 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 08/19/20 10:33 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Wednesday, August 19th, 2020, the pump price of two fuel products will change.
The prices for regular gasoline will register a decrease and diesel will register an increase as follows:
Regular gasoline will decrease by 14 cents from $8.76 to $8.62 per gallon; diesel will increase by 19 cents from $8.21 to $8.40 per gallon.
The prices for premium gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.36 and $5.43 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/10/20 11:01 AM

Change in Pump Price of Regular Gasoline
Effective September 10, 2020

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Thursday, September 10th, 2020, the pump price for regular gasoline will increase by 27 cents from $8.62 to $8.89 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.36, $5.43 and $8.40, respectively.

The price change reflects current demand and supply conditions of crude oil in the international petroleum market and fluctuations in the acquisition price of refined fuel products in the countries from which Belize obtains its supplies.

The Government of Belize is monitoring the price movements and supply conditions closely and will work with the fuel industry to safeguard the pump prices paid by Belizean consumers.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 09/29/20 10:32 AM

Change in Pump Price of Regular Gasoline

Effective September 29, 2020

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Tuesday, September 29th, 2020, the pump price for regular gasoline will decrease by 28 cents from $8.89 to $8.61 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.36, $5.43, and $8.40 per gallon, respectively.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/07/20 10:31 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces effective Wednesday, October 7, 2020, the pump price for diesel will decrease by 07 cents from $8.40 to $8.33 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.36, $8.61, and $5.43 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/20/20 10:26 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces effective Tuesday, October 20, 2020, the pump price two fuel products will change.

The price for premium gasoline will register a decrease and regular gasoline will register an increase as follows:

Premium gasoline will decrease by 16 cents from $9.36 to $9.20 per gallon; Regular gasoline will register an increase by 25 cents from $8.61 to $8.86 per gallon.

The prices for kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $5.43 and $8.33 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 10/23/20 10:12 AM

Kerosene Price Down 70 cents

The Ministry of Finance announces effective Friday, October 23, 2020, the pump price for kerosene will decrease by 70 cents from $5.43 to $4.73 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline, and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.20, $8.86, and $8.33 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/05/20 04:31 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces effective Thursday, November 5, 2020, the pump price for diesel will decrease by 39 cents from $8.33 to $7.94 per gallon. The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline, and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.20, $8.86, and $4.73 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 11/19/20 11:57 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Thursday, November 19, 2020, the pump price of three fuel products will change.

The prices for premium gasoline and diesel will register an increase, while regular gasoline will register a decrease as follows:

Premium Gasoline will increase by 29 cents from $9.20 to $9.49 per gallon;

Regular Gasoline will decrease by 25 cents from $8.86 to $8.61 per gallon; and

Diesel will increase by 17 cents from $7.94 to $8.11 per gallon.

The price for kerosene will remain unchanged at $4.73 per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/11/20 11:21 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on December 11, 2020, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices for regular gasoline and kerosene will register increased as follows:

Regular Gasoline will increase by 48 cents from $8.61 to $9.09 per gallon;
Kerosene will increase by 1 dollar from $4.73 to $5.73 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.49 and $8.11 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/15/20 11:08 AM

Change in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective December 15, 2020

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, December 15, 2020, the pump price of premium gasoline will decrease by 31 cents from $9.49 to $9.18 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.09, $5.73 and $8.11 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/23/20 11:44 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, December 23, 2020, the pump price for regular gasoline will decrease by three cents from $9.09 to $9.06 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.18, $5.73 and $8.11 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 12/26/20 11:33 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on December 26, 2020, the pump price for diesel will increase by 35 cents from $8.11 to $8.46 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.18, $9.06 and $5.73 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/15/21 11:22 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Friday, January 15, 2021, the pump price of regular gasoline will increase by 21 cents from $9.06 to $9.27 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.18, $5.73 and $8.46 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/19/21 11:35 AM

Change in the Pump Price of Diesel

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Tuesday, January 19, 2021, the pump price for diesel will increase by 28 cents from $8.46 to $ 8.74 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.18, $9.27 and $5.73 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 01/23/21 11:16 AM

Changes in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective January 23, 2021

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Saturday, January 23, 2021, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices of premium gasoline and kerosene will register increased as follows:

Premium gasoline will increase by 71 cents from $9.18 to $9.89 per gallon;

Kerosene will increase by 73 cents from $5.73 to $6.46 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.27 and $8.74 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/03/21 11:15 AM

Cost of Regular Gas Goes Up at Midnight

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, February 3, 2021, the pump price of regular gasoline will increase by 51 cents from $9.27 to $9.78 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $9.89, $6.46 and $8.74 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/09/21 11:28 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on February 9, 2021, the pump price for diesel will increase by 46 cents from $8.74 to $9.20 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $9.89, $9.78 and $6.46 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 02/25/21 11:37 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Thursday, February 25, 2021, the pump price of three fuel products will change.

The prices of premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will register increases as follows:

Premium gasoline will increase by 51 cents from $9.89 to $10.40 per gallon;

kerosene will increase by 29 cents from $6.46 to $6.75 per gallon; and diesel will increase by 42 cents from $9.20 to $9.62 per gallon.

The price for regular gasoline will remain unchanged at $9.81 per gallon.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/10/21 11:07 AM

Change in the Pump Price of Regular Gasoline

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, March 10, 2021, the pump price of regular gasoline will increase by 25 cents from $9.81 to $10.06 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.40, $6.75 and $9.62 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/13/21 10:50 AM

Change in Pump Price of Diesel

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Saturday, March 13, 2021, the pump price for diesel will increase by 53 cents from $9.62 to $10.15 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $10.40, $10.06 and $6.75 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/19/21 03:04 AM

Change in the Pump Price of Regular Gasoline

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Friday, March 19, 2021, the pump price of regular gasoline will increase by 86 cents from $10.06 to $10.92 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.40, $6.75 and $10.15 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/23/21 10:36 AM

Premium Gas Climbs Again; Nears $12 per Gallon

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, March 23, 2021, the pump price of premium gasoline will increase by $1.24 from $10.40 to $11.64 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.92, $6.75 and $10.15 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 03/31/21 10:23 AM

Changes in the Pump Price of Fuel Effective March 31, 2021

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, March 31, 2021, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices for regular gasoline and kerosene will register increased as follows:
Regular gasoline will increase by 13 cents from $10.92 to $11.05
per gallon;

Kerosene will increase by 12 cents from $6.75 to $6.87 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $11.64 and $10.15 per gallon, respectively.

[Linked Image]

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/07/21 10:29 AM

Diesel Price Goes Down

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Wednesday, April 7, 2021, the pump price for diesel will decrease by 33 cents from $10.15 to $9.82 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $11.64, $11.05 and $6.87 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/13/21 10:32 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, April 13, 2021, the pump price for regular gasoline will decrease by 39 cents from $11.05 to $10.66 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $11.64, $6.87 and $9.82 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/23/21 10:23 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Friday, April 23, 2021, the pump price of two fuel products will change.
The prices of regular gasoline and diesel will register increases as follows.

Regular gasoline will increase by three cents from $10.66 to $10.69 per gallon. Diesel will increase by 14 cents from $9.82 to $9.96 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $11.64 and $6.87 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 04/27/21 10:15 AM

Cost of Premium Gas Goes Down Slightly

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, the pump price for premium gasoline will decrease by 38 cents from $11.64 to $11.26 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.69, $6.87 and $9.96 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 05/15/21 10:30 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Saturday, May 15, 2021, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices for premium gasoline and regular gasoline will register increases as follows:

Premium gasoline will increase by 28 cents from $11.26 to $11.54 per gallon; regular gasoline will increase by 26 cents from $10.69 to $10.95 per gallon.

The prices for kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $7.07 and $10.04 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/01/21 10:32 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Tuesday, June 1, 2021, the pump price of premium gasoline will increase by nine cents from $11.54 to $11.63 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline, kerosene, and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.95, $7.07 and $10.04 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/05/21 10:30 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Saturday, June 5, 2021, the pump price of diesel will increase by 47 cents from $10.04 to $10.51 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline, and kerosene will remain unchanged at $11.63, $10.95 and $7.07 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/10/21 10:39 PM

Change in Pump Price of Premium Gasoline

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Friday, June 11, 2021, the pump price of premium gasoline will increase by 4 cents from $11.63 to $11.67 per gallon.

The prices for regular gasoline, kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $10.95, $7.07 and $10.51 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/18/21 10:10 AM

The Ministry of Finance has announced that effective Friday, June 18, 2021, the pump price of kerosene will increase by 34 cents from $7.07 to $7.41 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $11.67, $10.95 and $10.51 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 06/21/21 10:15 PM

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Tuesday, June 22, 2021, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices of regular gasoline and diesel will register increases as follows:

Regular Gasoline will increase by 8 cents from $10.95 to $11.03 per gallon; diesel will increase by 8 cents from $10.51 to $10.59 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $11.67 and $7.41 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/08/21 10:31 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Thursday, July 8, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices of premium gasoline and regular gasoline will register decrease as follows:

Premium gasoline will decrease by 03 cents, from $11.67 to $11.64 per gallon;
Regular gasoline will decrease by 04 cents, from $11.03 to $10.99 per gallon.

The prices for kerosene and diesel will remain unchanged at $7.41 and $10.59 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/10/21 01:06 AM

The Ministry of Finance announces that on Saturday, July 10, the pump price of kerosene will increase by 21 cents, from $7.41 to $7.62 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline, regular gasoline and diesel will remain unchanged at $11.64, $10.99, and $10.59 per gallon, respectively.

Re: Fuel prices at the pump in San Pedro - 07/22/21 10:30 AM

Regular Gasoline and Diesel Prices Increase

The Ministry of Finance announces that effective Thursday, July 22, 2021, the pump price of two fuel products will change.

The prices of regular gasoline and diesel will register increases as follows:

Regular gasoline will increase by 38 cents from $10.99 to $11.37 per gallon; diesel will increase by 6 cents from $10.59 to $10.65 per gallon.

The prices for premium gasoline and kerosene will remain unchanged at $11.64 and $7.62 per gallon, respectively.
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board