AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Shrimp?

Posted By: hazzyy

Shrimp? - 05/18/11 01:06 PM

Anyone know a good place to get shrimp? I've been buying it directly from the Belikin beer depot but after going in the other day they told me they no longer are/will be selling shrimp. frown I know Greenhouse and Marina's sell it but any other cheaper places???
Posted By: ragman

Re: Shrimp? - 05/18/11 04:30 PM

Saw it the other day in Super Buy on Back St. but since the beer distributor doesn't carry it anymore I think you'll pay a little more. I knew they were not going to sell it anymore so I bought a few bags and went back a few days later to get some for friends and they were out. Word is that Greenhouse and Super Buy bought out all they had left. (which I don't think was that much) What I saw the other day was in a little different packaging so maybe they have found a new supplier. I just hope they get a dependable supply.

The Distributor said there are no plans to carry shrimp in the future. I think it may have to do with the unfortunate death of Sir Barry and getting his business matters settled.
Posted By: SFJeff

Re: Shrimp? - 05/18/11 04:36 PM

Anything larger than 31-35 shrimp have been hard/impossible to come by for a few months now... a few of the other producers claim they will have in a (few) months time, but until then, shrimp are scarce.
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: Shrimp? - 05/18/11 09:58 PM

From Fisheries in Belize City and I know they have large shrimp to sell as I had some recently
© 2021 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board