AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Questions about Low Season

Posted By: jbreak

Questions about Low Season - 05/30/11 03:58 PM

Hi,
My fiance and I are considering Ambergris Caye as a place to have a small wedding in September. From a few things I've read, this is one of the slowest times of year as far as tourism, etc. I wanted to find out how much things are shut down during this time? Are the inland tours still run like normal? I'd like to do some windsurfing as well, does anyone know the status of the local rentals during this time? I've emailed a few places with the same questions, but I'd like to hear from the folks here as well. Thanks in advance for any advice!!
Posted By: Diane Campbell

Re: Questions about Low Season - 05/30/11 09:52 PM

Depends on what part of September ..... first week of Sept things are usually still happening.
I think Portofino is open for the whole month and it's a nice wedding venue.

Posted By: elbert

Re: Questions about Low Season - 05/31/11 12:19 AM

We close in September, not because of the weather , the weather is fine, its the pit of the season and we also like to take vacations.
Posted By: champion

Re: Questions about Low Season - 05/31/11 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by elbert
We close in September, not because of the weather , the weather is fine, its the pit of the season and we also like to take vacations.

Yes, Elbert and others need to leave the rat race of San Pedro and go to some nicer places to R&R, like East LA or the like.
Posted By: mdrobtx

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/01/11 09:14 AM

We visited last September. There was plenty to do. Many tours, scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, windsurfing and paddleboarding were available.
All the places we wanted to eat were open. Only thing we weren't prepared for was the Belizian independence day celebration. Big parade and the streets packed. Turned into a big day of fun for us though.
Posted By: Katie Valk

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/01/11 01:43 PM

Two important, festive bank holidays
Sept 10-St George's Caye Day
Sept 21-Independence
Posted By: jbreak

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/01/11 04:48 PM

Thanks for the replies! Windsurfing and the tours were two of the main things that I was concerned about. Sounds like things will be slower than usual, but we should be able to find everything that we'd like to do.

Any recommendations on wedding planning? It will be small, either just the 2 of us, or possibly 2 friends additionally.
Posted By: Hunter45

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/24/11 10:11 AM

How are things in Oct. We will be there the first 2 weeks.
Posted By: CaptOneIron

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/24/11 12:47 PM

Rent a villa and have the ceremony there. Azul and Solaria are a couple of nice ones and you can probably get a good price in the off season.
Posted By: Barbara K

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/24/11 07:18 PM

Most of the tours will be running but probably not from every tour shop, every day. They will combine efforts to get enough people (4 or 6 usually) to run the tours. Same in October...
Posted By: elbert

Re: Questions about Low Season - 06/24/11 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by elbert

We've reversed ourselves on the closing.We will now be open continually. We've gotten busy and have bookings enough to justify being open for September, so were doing our vacations in teams in order to stay open continually during the slow season.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board