AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Mister Joe's Restaurant

Posted By: backshot

Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 08:41 AM

can anyone give me an update on how's the food at the new Mister Joe's Restaurant?
Posted By: beachbumin

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 01:34 PM

Lone Star Grill and Cantina, formerly Mr. Joe's offers really good breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were down in San Pedro during Lobster Fest and dined at the Lone Star twice. Excellent country fried steak. Lots of different menu items to choose from including many Tex-Mex selections. Fried pickles on the appetizer menu are wonderful and the tortilla soup is very rich and hardy. You will not be disappointed. Joe and Rhonda have done an excellent job in transforming the former grocery store/grill into a nice sit down (inside or on the porch) restaurant and bar.
Posted By: lovey and thurston

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 02:23 PM

They always do a great job. Can't wait to get down next week and give it a try.
Posted By: JZB

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 04:01 PM

They serve excellent Margaritas too!
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 06:05 PM

AND...Incredibly comfortable clean atmosphere. Perfect way to spend an afternoon....Joe & Rhonda are gracious hosts and good company.....Love the Sombreros....Did I spell that right?
Posted By: Bear

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 06:29 PM

Good to hear!
Posted By: backshot

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 07:10 PM

thanks for the update. coming down in a couple of weeks and can't wait to give it a try.
Posted By: Beach Girl 07

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/26/11 07:28 PM

Will be down in Nov and would LOVE to try it out. Where are they located?
Posted By: Scuba do

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/27/11 02:08 AM

go past the water treatment plant off the cobblestone headed south until you take your second short jog east,when you are looking at the police substation turn right there and it is on the right within 100 feet or so.
Posted By: ecodiver

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/27/11 03:33 AM

it's the best chicken fried steak i have ever had not mention the free chips and cold beer
Posted By: HappyAlbertan

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/27/11 03:11 PM

I coincidentally had the fried steak at Lone Star over the weekend. I have to agree with ecodiver on how good it is!
Posted By: Judyann H.

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/27/11 09:26 PM

My husband is not a message board user....However, he wanted me to be sure and let all of you know that he really likes the Chicken Fried Steak at the Lone Star, and the gravy is fantastic....He had it 3 times in one week during our last visit....
Posted By: Bear

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 07/28/11 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by ecodiver
it's the best chicken fried steak i have ever had not mention the free chips and cold beer

Wait!....they have free cold beer?!!! wink
Posted By: colomojo

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 08/02/11 12:49 AM

Mr Joe's Lonestar is great! All of the previous posts are spot on - we ate there several times during the month of June as well as stopped in some days just for a beverage. Even if you aren't staying on the south end, it is worth the trip!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 08/02/11 01:35 PM

Anybody got a phone number for the Lone Star? I stopped in there a few weeks ago, and the chicken fried steak looked great.

Thanks.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: ColdwellBankerSP

Re: Mister Joe's Restaurant - 08/02/11 02:33 PM

Pelican Reef should know, the CFS was great!
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board