AmbergrisCaye.com Home

Boats for snorkeling

Posted By: lisanuevayork

Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 01:40 AM

Hello everyone,
Again I have to say thank you/mil gracias to all of you who have helped. We are here in paradise and pretty much everything you all shared with me is coming in handy.
So another question: boating out to the reefs. We have had a few guys come by the house and give us prices of using a boat to go out to the reef for a few hours. They seem to differ greatly and since there are quite a few of us and we already have snorkel gear, we are just looking for a no frills lift out to reef. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Posted By: Bear

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 01:59 AM

Ask for Mr Hill Gonzalez at Chuck & Robbies Dive dock. Very reasonable for several hours. How many are you? Boats not big but adequate.
Posted By: klcman

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by lisanuevayork
Hello everyone,
Again I have to say thank you/mil gracias to all of you who have helped. We are here in paradise and pretty much everything you all shared with me is coming in handy.
So another question: boating out to the reefs. We have had a few guys come by the house and give us prices of using a boat to go out to the reef for a few hours. They seem to differ greatly and since there are quite a few of us and we already have snorkel gear, we are just looking for a no frills lift out to reef. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

ask to see their tour guide license
Posted By: lisanuevayork

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 02:35 AM

Thank you on both tips. Ignorant me didn't know they needed a tour guide license. We are 7 or 8. I will look into that one. Prices vary 15-25 per person which is substantial with that many people.
Posted By: Bear

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 02:00 PM

Lisa I sent you another idea on PM
Posted By: tortuga.chica

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 02:34 PM

Lisa, sent u a PM.
Posted By: Chicago Jake

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/03/11 07:04 PM

Chuck and Robbie's is definitely the one to use. Fair rates and safe.
Posted By: captjeff

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/04/11 04:47 PM

Prices here for a small group are very fair .And have good value
but good things are not cheap ,cheap things are not good .
A safe boat .And a good LICENSED Tour guide is the way to go .Not some pickup guy .JMHO. SAFETY FIRST.
Enjoy your fun time here.

Posted By: ScubaLdy

Re: Boats for snorkeling - 08/04/11 10:10 PM

For a group your size I am fairly cetain you can get a discount. One of my favorite things is combining a snorkel trip with a beach Bar-B-Que. We all have our favorites (as you will quickly see) but I go with Everette Anderson at Belize Diving Adventures. 226-3082. Ask him for several options; Hol Chan and Shark And Ray Alley are the most popular therefore the most crowded. I like going to Mexico Rocks then further north for the picnic. Everette will catch and cook your lunch while you play in the water or nap under a palm tree. There is nothing better than fish and lobster you have watched being caught, cleaned and cooked right before your eyes.
Whatever you do - quality counts - have fun and be safe.
© 2020 Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board