AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Decompression Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 02:54 AM
This good lookin pooch keeps showing up in the evenings at my place at Belizean Shores. Friendly, shakes hands and sits on command. Has a collar but no tag. Excepts a tortilla and a bowl of water politely, then curls up for the night on my porch.
Always there in the morning for a bit, then off he goes.

Just curious, he "seems" like he has a real home.

[Linked Image]

DC
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 03:07 AM
Have seen this pooch too ---- sure wish people would put tags on those collars (and give a damn).

PS - looks a lot like our Emily (even down to the green collar) but she's home and has tags.
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 07:42 AM
Looks kind of like Copper... dog that lives at Sundiver.
Posted By: Dr Buzzard Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 03:34 PM
Ya know? Thats a good comment. I have a dog I took from some bullies in Dangriga that was kicking him around when was only about the size of a softball. He's now about 50 lbs, very brave, and loyal as can be. He's fenced in, has a colar, but it sliped my tiny mind to get some kind of ID tag.

I'm glad I saw this thread because my dog love me and my old hen (and his cat brother). I will look for somekind of ID tag in case he should get lost. He's a good dog.

Tim Walkabout

North Central Riversdale
Stann Creek District
Belize. Central America

(just a lill past the pig farm then turn at Lost Reef Resort and go south just beyond the BTL pay phone)

http://belizewalkabout.blogspot.com/

610-4768
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 04:31 PM
Most of the beach (tourist) dogs have collars - people put them on the animals and feed them and love them during their holidays - then when the visitor leaves the pup finds a new visitor friend. If the dog has a collar but no tags that is probably the case.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 04:37 PM
Attach a note to the collar.
Posted By: Decompression Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by C2C

He came back again last night. Soon as I walked up the porch he was there sitting,stuck his paw out like a hand shake as if to say, " Hey buddy, whats crackin tonight? " LOL..

After a bit of water and a tortilla, he curls up on the rug I have put outside, and is out for the night.

I think I will put a note in his collar. Great Idea.

DC
Posted By: Dr Buzzard Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Decompression
Originally Posted by C2C

He came back again last night. Soon as I walked up the porch he was there sitting,stuck his paw out like a hand shake as if to say, " Hey buddy, whats crackin tonight? " LOL..

After a bit of water and a tortilla, he curls up on the rug I have put outside, and is out for the night.

I think I will put a note in his collar. Great Idea.

DC

Sound to me like you got a new buddy. We got a vet comes down here once a month that helps take care of the animals. I got mine all his shots and monthly heart worm meds. Unfortuately I had to have his balls cut off. Everybody said that is for the best, but it hurt me more than him. But I gave him a bag of marbles so that the other dogs in the hood wouldn't make fun of him.
Posted By: Rachael Eteson Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/03/11 08:54 PM
This is definitely Copper from Sundiver / YWAM, he lives a few doors away from me. He is a bit of a wanderer and likes to work his charms for treats, but he does have a home and is definitely not abandoned. I saw him back up in his 'hood 20 minutes ago so all good.
Posted By: Luvinlife Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 02:53 AM
UK- please tell them to put a tag on him. That is what responsible animal owners do. If they can't afford it, I will have one made and mail it to you. You can put it on the dog or give it to them.
Posted By: Decompression Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by UK Rach
This is definitely Copper from Sundiver / YWAM, he lives a few doors away from me. He is a bit of a wanderer and likes to work his charms for treats, but he does have a home and is definitely not abandoned. I saw him back up in his 'hood 20 minutes ago so all good.

Glad he is back home. He does look well cared for. Just a free spirit I guess. I can relate.

Now I have a name to go with his face.

DC
Posted By: Luvinlife Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 04:10 AM
Free spirit is wonferdul. However he needs to have ID, just as we all do. Dogs, pets are no different than people. If they go missing someone needs to know who they are and who to call. Dogs/pet don't speak. So put the # on the collar so the person than can speak will help or SAGA's #. HOPEFULLY!!!
Posted By: Luvinlife Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 04:11 AM
oops Wonderful*
Posted By: Dr Buzzard Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Luvinlife
Dogs/pet don't speak.

If I leave my cell phone out on the table, my dog steals it. So he must be talking to someone. Fortunately he always hides it in his house so I know where to find it.
Posted By: Phil Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 06:06 PM
luvinlife - as you see down here everyone knows someone who knows someone so we don't "have" to have tags on animals, because you can ask a few people and the owner is found. There was a story similar on here last week with a Doberman, same result, except it usually happens by word of mouth. Result is the same method slightly different. Belize style I like to call it. I'm not even sure if there is a place you can get name tags here in San Pedro.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 08:14 PM
Pampered Paws can get name tags - you have to order them weeks in advance. My dog and my cats don't wear tags. They are annoying - the clinking drives them nuts. But as you said Phil, everybody would be able to figure out who they are and where they belong! I do try my best to keep them home though - and accompany them when they are out.
Posted By: PROBUS Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 10:55 PM
Gecko Graphics can make them in a few minutes, just $10.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/04/11 11:58 PM
You can write your name and phone # on the nylon collars (get a solid color) with a permanent-ink felt-tip pen (sharpies). It's a cheap solution, it's easy and it works. Lasts longer than a tag usually too.
When a pet wanders it saves time, saves energy saves angst. HOPEFULLY the owners are worried and would like to hear from the finders ASAP...... ?

Posted By: arusha1 Re: Has any one seen this pooch? - 09/05/11 01:43 PM
Yes that is Copper he had a coller with name tag when we were down in January and the next day it was gone. I had a name tag made but never saw him again. Glad to see he is OK
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board